Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vcnhook Error During Install The install fails saying it can't access vcnhook

#1 User is offline   oaksong Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

I did a search and couldn't find anything. I'm trying to install into XP SP2

Also, I successfully installed in Vista, but when I try to start it says I'm not an admin. What's it looking for?

#2 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

Also, I successfully installed in Vista, but when I try to start it says I'm not an admin. What's it looking for?

If a program says that it requires administrator privileges and you don't know what that means then UBCD4Win will most likely not help you.

THE BASICS: Right click over UBCD4WinBuilder.exe and choose "Run-As-Administrator"
      If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#3 User is offline   oaksong Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

View Postoaksong, on 01 December 2009 - 10:16 PM, said:

I did a search and couldn't find anything. I'm trying to install into XP SP2

I didn't ask what it meant, I asked what it was looking for. I AM the administrator on the machine and the login has full admin rights. But thanks for the tip about run as admin.

This post has been edited by oaksong: 02 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

#4 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Admin

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

View Postoaksong, on 02 December 2009 - 08:36 AM, said:

I didn't ask what it meant, I asked what it was looking for. I AM the administrator on the machine and the login has full admin rights. But thanks for the tip about run as admin.

Don't argue with the admin, mod's or development team's suggestions... they will likely know much more than you do. In Vista, even the admin users are not running in administrator mode normally... So even if you are logged in with an administrator user account, you are running as a standard user.

So what it is looking for is that the user is actually using the "run as admin" option as you were already told about.
          Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#5 User is offline   oaksong Icon

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

View Postrdsok, on 02 December 2009 - 02:58 PM, said:

View Postoaksong, on 02 December 2009 - 08:36 AM, said:

Don't argue with the admin, mod's or development team's suggestions... they will likely know much more than you do. In Vista, even the admin users are not running in administrator mode normally... So even if you are logged in with an administrator user account, you are running as a standard user.

So what it is looking for is that the user is actually using the "run as admin" option as you were already told about.

What ever. But just for the record I'm a senior IT manager with 30 years in the field. Responders shouldn't make assumption based on their improper reading of the English language.

#6 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Admin

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

You are correct... nothing you've said in this thread shows that you've got 30 yrs of experience... who would know.. and with your last comments, you look even much younger now
              Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users