UBCD4Win Forums: Don't Crash This Server :) - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Don't Crash This Server :) Web page served by a plain vanilla C64 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

Other old hardware geeks may enjoy this.

I have been toying with the idea of putting my Commodore 64 back on the Internet just for fun. Years ago, I spent hours using the C64, Amiga 1000, and Amiga 500 on the Internet in text mode. I had a dial-up account and a 2400 baud modem on the C64 and the Amigas. There is now a graphical browser for the C64. I still have all these computers, and a Timex Sinclair that preceded the C64.

I also used my C64 with a VT100 emulator to run programs on my employer's IBM main frame.

I don't want to spend any money to buy a C64 Ethernet adapter. I think I can share the Internet using Linux on another computer with a serial cable.

Don't crash this web page served by an ordinary C64: http://58.6.118.18/

Here is a video by someone using a DEC terminal through a Linux "kitchen" server: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=588X_WEl6KM

Cheers

#2 User is offline   Nuno Brito Icon

• PipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

Excellent!

Quoted your message on Boot land for more people to see it:
      http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9895

:)
      Use the search tool to find all posts made by other members and help you solve any doubts quickly by yourself.
      Whenever possible - place your questions including as many details as you can to help us help you - Thanks!

nuno? --> pics

#3 User is offline   dirkgently42 Icon

• Ultra Member
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for sharing, TB!
        neat-O B)

This post has been edited by dirkgently42: 03 December 2009 - 02:46 AM

"Ignorance is king. Many would not profit by his abdication. Many enrich themselves by means of his dark monarchy. They are his Court, and in his name they defraud and govern, enrich themselves and perpetuate their power." ; A Canticle for Leibowitz; Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Woo-hoo! M-O-O-N, that spells "Nebraska"! The Stand

Randy: "Hey Earl, someone just told me that Wednesday was hump day, but I don't see any ladies so you watch my back and I'll watch yours." My Name is Earl

GEORGE: Yeah! Look at me! I was free and clear! I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!
        JERRY: Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of bachelor paradise. Seinfeld

Klaatu barada nikto
        "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
        Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users