Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 7 Issues

#1 User is offline   ponder Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I'm getting odd errors when trying to delete files in the BartPE folder.

So everything installs fine and I try to run a first time build to test. During the build process some temp files need to be removed and it fails. The build process terminates with 2 errors and 1 warrning.

When I try to remove the files myself I get "The action can't be completed because the file is open in System"
    The files are in the "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32" tree.

Only a reboot will let me remove the files/folders and try a build again.

Any ideas?

#2 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:26 PM

View Postponder, on 04 December 2009 - 02:09 PM, said:

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I'm getting odd errors when trying to delete files in the BartPE folder.

So everything installs fine and I try to run a first time build to test. During the build process some temp files need to be removed and it fails. The build process terminates with 2 errors and 1 warrning.

When I try to remove the files myself I get "The action can't be completed because the file is open in System"

Any ideas?

Idea #1
      Post the actual error entry from the builders log file, not just "I'm getting odd errors".
      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#3 User is offline   shaniac Icon

• Pip
        • Group: Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

View Posthilander999, on 04 December 2009 - 04:26 PM, said:

View Postponder, on 04 December 2009 - 02:09 PM, said:

Any ideas?

Idea #1
        Post the actual error entry from the builders log file, not just "I'm getting odd errors".

I'm getting the same thing. It would be a lot easier to put the exact error message in, if the error report was in text rather than the innovative
        no-copy-no-paste whatever it is. However:
        Build process started
        Removing directory c:\UBCD4Win\BartPE
        Error: DeleteFile() "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\petmphive" failed

...{every other file in \BartPE, DeleteFile() failed}...

You can't delete them manually, either. You get an EXPLORER.EXE error dialog telling you that another program is using the files. Well between Task Manager and ProcExp I can't find anything using them. I killed explorer.exe and restarted it, no help. I can confirm that a reboot fixes it, once. You can't rename \BartPE and let the program create another one, either.

#4 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Admin

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

shaniac ... how is your post helping ponder ( the user that started this thread and is asking for help )?

... or is it that you are trying to hijack their help thread to get help for your issue?

If you want help for your issue... start your own thread but do not ... I repeat DO NOT hijack someone else's help thread.
          Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users