UBCD4Win Forums: Unable To Get Past The Initial Appl Title Splash - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unable To Get Past The Initial Appl Title Splash UBCD4WinBuilder.exe shuts down

#1 User is offline   antcoi Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

I downloaded UBCD4Win v3.5, installed it (followed all necessary Wizard steps with positive confirmations), copied XP cd files to HD, and proceeded to launch UBCD4WinBuilder.exe and I get the following window message: 'Sorry, this program requires administrator privileges'. Clicked Ok and the application shuts down. I'm logged in as an administrator, running in a Vista OS system. What gives? I restarted the system, figuring that maybe it needed to be following the initial installation, but I got the same results. Help!

#2 User is offline   antcoi Icon

• Pip
      • Group: Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:12 AM

Disregard this post, I found the answer several pages within the forum and was able to create the ISO file.

#3 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:57 AM

And so the answer will also be in this thread...

In Vista or Win7... Right click on the "UBCD4WinBuilder.exe" file and select "Run as Administrator" ...

In this versions of Windows, the administrator users run in standard user mode unless their select to "Run as Administrator" or disable the UAC completely. Disabling the UAC is less secure so we don't normally recommend it unless you know the consequenses.
        Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users