Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 7

#1 User is offline   rifo Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:16 AM

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. When I installed UBCD4Win, I answered the question for doing an MD5 hash check with yes. But after a few minutes this test did no more respond. I terminated it by using the task manager. The installation continued and finished. But UBCD4WinBuilder.exe was not copied to my harddisk.

2nd question: Can I still use my XP Professional 32 bit cd or have I to use my Win7 cd?

Best regards
    rifo

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

You must use the XP as the source for the build... UBCD4Win can not use Vista or Win7 for the source files.

The issue you have installing/extracting is either caused by Win7 itself or your protection software. First try just right-clicking on the installation file and select "Run as Administrator" to see if that resolves it... if not, install it in Safe Mode so your other protection software doesn't block anything.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   rifo Icon

• Pip
        • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

View Postrdsok, on 09 December 2009 - 04:59 PM, said:

You must use the XP as the source for the build... UBCD4Win can not use Vista or Win7 for the source files.

The issue you have installing/extracting is either caused by Win7 itself or your protection software. First try just right-clicking on the installation file and select "Run as Administrator" to see if that resolves it...

Thanx, this was the solution. :)

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users