Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nvata.sys Missing

#1 User is offline   halp~ Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

So I've created probably 5 builds of UBCD4Win so far and every one has been plagued with a new issue.

The most recent build I used just my OEM Windows XP CD (as opposed to slipstreaming in sp3, which I now understand to be extraneous). Upon starting up my comp, I am able to select "Boot UBCD4Win" and the load bar begins but at roughly halfway I receive the following error:

"The file nvata.sys is missing. Press any key to continue."

Nothing on these forums nor in a few googles has been any help. I have come to understand that nvata.sys is related to nvidia drivers but am unsure how to create a proper build that includes it. The only other thread that addresses this (Here post 4) is related to someone trying to create an USB version of UBCD and this issue never seems to be resolved.

I am unable to boot my computer - it continually restarts and says it could not load properly, then asks me what mode I wish to boot in. None of the options lead anywhere different, my computer just chain restarts.

The computer is an alienware (post-dell acquisition) and the OEM CD is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. I'm guessing this is one of the issues with using a dell oem cd. I just don't know how to fix it.

This post has been edited by halp~: 11 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

#2 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

I'm no expert here but the I don't believe that the Media Center Edition can be used as a source. YOu need a plain XP source with at least SP1or SP. See this http://www.ubcd4win....aq.htm#require.
      Tom K.

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users