Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booting Up How does it work

#1 User is offline   jwhitejm Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

If I order the UBCD4WIN deluxe package, will it help me with the following problem without having to do any burning?:
    Windows could not start because of the following fil is missing or corrupt
    \windows\\systems32\config\system
    it tells me I can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM, select R at the first screen to start repair which I do but all I get is the error message.
    What will the UBCD4win do for this problem?

#2 User is offline   KCarney Icon

• PipPipPip
      • Group: BETA Tester

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

UBCD4Win is not an automatic problem fixer. It is a tool that needs to be used by skilled pc users/technicians.

#3 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

As stated on this page http://www.ubcd4win.com/ubcd4win.htm ...

Unfortunatley I cannot provide a "ready to go" CD because of copyright laws, etc.

This means that no... you will still have to create and burn a disk in order to use UBCD4Win.

What the "Deluxe" version gets you is...

The latest UBCD4Win project build itself so you don't need to download it.. provided in a custom DVD type case along with a blank disk as well as the other items listed on the order page.

UBCD4Win can ( and has many times ) help fix the type of error you mentioned but as you were also told, it won't do it automatically, you will need to know how to fix it using the project still. In most cases, you can simply open the remote registry and the error will be corrected but in some cases, you must restore an older version of the registry. Success always depends on a lot of other factors as well such as if the hard drive is or isn't corrupted, if there is or isn't failing hardware etc.
        Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users