• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xp Internet Connections

#1 User is offline   col Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hi,
    I have a PC running XP Pro and some time ago I used an optomising program and appear to have deleted some required file from the PC. It will no longer connect to the internet. The hardware is ok because if I boot with UBCD I can connect without any problems. I tried "restore" but after going through all the procedure etc the progam finally said the restore failed. It will no longer let me try a restore unless I pick a point more recent than the time the problem occured. I tried reloading a copy of XP but the only CD's I could find were "Home edition" which I have on a couple of other PC's. They won't work. I tried a Pro version from anothe PC but it said it would not relaod as the CD version was older that that on the PC. Short of deleting everything and reformat and reload XP what can I do. Threre is probably some registry file that needs replacing or something simple (for those who know more than me. Most anybody) If anyone can suggest a way to fix it with out requiring me to work on it 24/7 for the next 2 months I will appreciate it.

Rgds,
    Col

#2 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:07 AM

What optimizing program did you use?
      -Most keep a log file so you can go back and reverse the changes made.

You might want to try something like dail-a-fix or check out some of the registry fixes on kelly's corner.
      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#3 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

You could try using Registry Restore Wizard from UBCD4Win.
        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users