#1 User is offline   Cephei Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hi !

my ISO CD is almost clean.

One line, on the UBCD4WinBuilder.log says :
    File "C:\UBCD4Win\ BartPE\ I386\ SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE" not found

Is this file important for the CD to work ?

I could add NTOSKRNL.EXE to the ISO file, if I knew how to, before the cd is burnt.

I boot my pc on the ISO cd, everything was fine, it started loading the programme, then after 2 minutes, my computer started to launch windows as usual (on hard drive, not on cd... I don't know how), then blue screen.
    I tried twice, same blue screen.

Are all the files important ? Because I used an old simple windows XP family CD. (with no SP1, no SP2)
    I copied it on my computer in a folder named XXP.
    Then the UBCD4win program sent me 6 errors saying for example that
    usbehci.sys or msftedit.dll were missing.
    I found the 6 missing files on my computer, because XP PRO SP3 is installed on it. So I add them in the folder XXP.
    Then, no more errors were found when I started again the creation of the ISO cd.

In XXp\ I386\ system32 I also put ntoskrnl.exe. I hoped the program would add it to the ISO file.
    But it didn't.

I used an old simple windows XP CD which I put files in the XXP folder, because I have a Dell computer, and I'm not sure Dell joined a windows XP install CD with it. I don't remember, if, when I bought it, 2 years ago, this install CD was joined.

If you have understood anything in my strange message, and know why ce ISO cd doesn't work when I try to start on it, you could have an idea and help me.

Thanks.
    :unsure:

#2 User is offline   dirkgently42 Icon

• Ultra Member
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

View PostCephei, on 20 December 2009 - 06:38 PM, said:

Are all the files important ? Because I used an old simple windows XP family CD. (with no SP1, no SP2)

http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm

2. Windows® XP CD, with at least Service Pack 1 (SP2 is highly recommended)
      If your CD does not have SP1 or SP2 included on it you can easily "slipstream" a Service Pack using a program called AutoStreamer. Instructions for slipstreaming are on the "slipstreaming" page of this site. Do not use a source that was "modified" by programs that claim to stream hotfixes or drivers into your XP CD. Only use a true XP CD or one that is slipstreamed properly with only an official Service Pack from Microsoft.

"Ignorance is king. Many would not profit by his abdication. Many enrich themselves by means of his dark monarchy. They are his Court, and in his name they defraud and govern, enrich themselves and perpetuate their power." ; A Canticle for Leibowitz; Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Woo-hoo! M-O-O-N, that spells "Nebraska"! The Stand

Randy: "Hey Earl, someone just told me that Wednesday was hump day, but I don't see any ladies so you watch my back and I'll watch yours." My Name is Earl

GEORGE: Yeah! Look at me! I was free and clear! I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!
      JERRY: Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of bachelor paradise. Seinfeld

Klaatu barada nikto
      "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
      Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

#3 User is offline   Cephei Icon

• Pip
        • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

View Postdirkgently42, on 21 December 2009 - 02:45 AM, said:

View PostCephei, on 20 December 2009 - 06:38 PM, said:

http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm

2. Windows® XP CD, with at least Service Pack 1 (SP2 is highly recommended)
        If your CD does not have SP1 or SP2 included on it you can easily "slipstream" a Service Pack using a program called AutoStreamer. Instructions for slipstreaming are on the "slipstreaming" page of this site. Do not use a source that was "modified" by programs that claim to stream hotfixes or drivers into your XP CD. Only use a true XP CD or one that is slipstreamed properly with only an official Service Pack from Microsoft.

Thanks !
        I used AutoStreamer after downloaded Xp SP2, then a ISO file was created.
        I had to expand the ISO file to be used by UBCD4Win.

The ISO CD with UBCD4WinBuilder.iso was created without errors.

I have just tried the CD, and ... and .. it worked !! yes ! :lol:

My point was to reach HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\userinit.exe
        because a friend of mine can't start is computer anymore, certainly because c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe,
        is missing...
        He can't open a session.
        So thanks to this CD, he'll be able to correct this ! :D

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users