Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Ubcd4Win Image

#1 User is offline   zaph1 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

I'm trying to setup a simple disc with SATA drivers only, checkdisk, Prime95, Ghost, and a custom backup program of mine. So far, I have made the disc, but with limited results. It has crashed on a few test machines, and locked up completely before the Loading Windows screen on one computer. Only once have I gotten it to load, but it wouldn't recognize the USB drive attached.

Anyone out there capable of making this image for me? Or helping with this image?

I want just these four programs in the quick launch menu bar.

#2 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'm trying to setup a simple disc with SATA drivers only, checkdisk, Prime95, Ghost, and a custom backup program of mine

Start at the beginning. Does a default UBCD4Win build and boot without problems?

The only thing different than a default UBCD4Win build is Ghost and your custom backup program. Add those plugins one at a time and see which one is causing the problems.
      If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#3 User is offline   zaph1 Icon

• Pip

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

No, I have working DVDs that have everything in them and working. I boot to these 5-6 times per day when backing up data from computers. I am trying to get a DVD that will boot quicker. It's when I remove things that it starts having problems. With several hundred things to remove, figuring out which one could takes dozens of attempts.

#4 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

It's when I remove things that it starts having problems. With several hundred things to remove, figuring out which one could takes dozens of attempts.

Your initial post mentioned nothing about removing anything, let alone "several hundred things". What exactly are you removing?

Anyone out there capable of making this image for me?

Nobody can help you without more details from you.

Are you looking for someone to help you do this yourself or are you looking for someone that you can pay to do it for you?
          If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#5 User is offline   zaph1 Icon

• Pip

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

Well, I start with the default build, add my custom programs to it, and then attempt to remove everything that I don't use. Hopefully this will produce a CD that will load faster.

#6 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:43 PM

Very few plugins effect the loading time of the CD.

Things that do effect boot time:
              -Mass Storage Drivers (More drivers, slower boot)
              -Preshell options and initial runonce configuration.
              -INFCACHEBUILD durring autobuild speeds up PNP by up to ten minutes.
              -Good quality media
              -Good quality optical drive and proper ribbon cable setup. (Use master/slave vs. CSEL)

If your adding plugins that use upper/lower file system filters, these may be conflicting with the way UBCD4WIN has been designed.
              Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users