Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem With Ubcd4Win Plugins Functions

#1 User is offline   chunkee Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

I built a Ultimate boot CD (for spyware and virus dis-infection)after several attempts and finally got an iso file that could fit the size of a CD. Its total size is 633 MB. I have to disable many plug in functions in order to make the iso the right size. I boot up the system and saw a B (Ram) drive, a C (local HDD) and the X drive (the CD). Howwvwre, I ran into problem when I tried to use some of the antispyware and antivirus plugged in programs:

I cannot open anti-virus scans under avpersonal& avast! tool: it complains that it runs out of disk space
    The malwarebytes program does not come up in English
    The spoybot program offer limited functions and I was not able to point it to the C drive to run a scan

Am I using the UBCD in the right way? That I should be able to run the programs directly pointing towards the C drive?

I am wondering if I have disabled too many programs when I built the CD.

Please advice!

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted Yesterday, 01:06 AM

The AV/AS programs are copied to the ram drive in order to work properly but the ram drive is limited in size... so after completing a scan with one, empty the ram drive and then scan with the next if you need to run more than one.

Avira will require the 2008 VC++ Runtime plugin so if you disabled it, then you will have issues.

When the latest version was released, it was under 700Mb when completely updated but since that time, the antivirus/antispyware databases have grown extensively which should explain the size issues. Considering most systems now have DVD drives, we recommend using these when possible because of that and other reasons.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   chunkee Icon

• Pip

Posted Yesterday, 02:27 PM

View Postrdsok, on 01 January 2010 - 01:06 AM, said:

The AV/AS programs are copied to the ram drive in order to work properly but the ram drive is limited in size... so after completing a scan with one, empty the ram drive and then scan with the next if you need to run more than one.

Avira will require the 2008 VC++ Runtime plugin so if you disabled it, then you will have issues.

When the latest version was released, it was under 700Mb when completely updated but since that time, the antivirus/antispyware databases have grown extensively which should explain the size issues. Considering most systems now have DVD drives, we recommend using these when possible because of that and other reasons.

#4 User is offline   chunkee Icon

• Pip

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my PC is an old Dell which did not have a DVD drive so I need to create a CD.

I checked the plug in and did notice that the 2008 VC++ Runtime plugin was disabled so I think that have cause my problem.
          The main usage of this CD is for cleaning up a PC infetced with spyware and virus and nothing else. Would you advise me which other important components in the plug in that I must not disabled??

Also why did The malwarebytes program does not come up in English? Did I did something wrong?

Thanks again.

#5 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Also why did The malwarebytes program does not come up in English?

Open %UBCD4Win%\plugin\AntiSpyware\mbam\MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.inf

remove the ; from this line:
            ;0x1,"Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","language","english.lng"

put a ; in front of this line:
            0x1,"Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","language","german.lng"

You can also change it after booting but before running mbam by by editing the registry and changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malware\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\language\german.lng TO english.lng
            If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users