• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Build Iso - Dell Xp Sp2 Oem

#1 User is offline   reedj66m Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Happy New Year to all.

I am having difficulty creating the iso file. I am using a Dell XP_MCE_SP2 OEM disc (BTW, I have read and followed the Dell FAQ instructions). I have 2 errors that I can't seem to resolve (pasted below) and I went ahead and pasted the text displayed after running the dellfixreg.cmd file.

Errors from UBCD4Win PE Builder 3.1.10a log
    Closing/saving the registry hives
    Saving hive: C:\UBCD4WIN3\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPREG.HIV
    Saving hive: C:\UBCD4WIN3\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE
    Saving hive: C:\UBCD4WIN3\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT
    Closing hive: C:\UBCD4WIN3\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\petmphive
    Error: closeHive() failed: RegUnLoadKey (key="PEBuilder.exe-C:/UBCD4WIN3/BARTPE/I386/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/petmphive") returned error 0: Access is denied.

Copying file "C:\dellxpcd\XP_MCE_SP2\I386\setupreg.hiv" to "C:\UBCD4WIN3\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SETUPHIV"
    Opening/creating the registry hives
    Removing existing hive files
    Loading: C:\UBCD4WIN3\BARTPE\I386\SYSTEM32\setuphiv
    Error: loadKey() failed:

Dellregfix.cmd text window
    Running Dell Fix Script..... one moment please.

The operation completed successfully.
    'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    The operation completed successfully.
    Could Not Find C:\Windows\system32\setupreg.hiv.log
    Check output to see if there are any errors.
    Press any key to continue . . .

Thanks in advance for any help!

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

You didn't completely follow the instructions in the Dell FAQ. You were suppose to install 'subinacl' and then copy its EXE file to the folder that you were working in.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   acr123 Icon

• Pip

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hi all:

I have followed instructions and tried 3 different times and have a similar problem with just 2 errors on building iso.. I have load key failed and load hive failed. I am also using win 7 home premium for the build and a dell oem winxp sp2 disc as the source. I have downloaded the subinacl.msi file and executed it. I have copied the subinacl.exe file to the i386 folder from the c:\program\windows resource kits\tools folder. If you have any other ideas that would be great.
        Also, I think the problem relates to the error when executing fixdell.cmd where subinacl is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Thanks,
        Al

PS. I am desperate since I need access to the computer so I have also posted a similar request on a different thread.

#4 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

PS. I am desperate since I need access to the computer so I have also posted a similar request on a different thread.

I deleted your other post. Please do not cross post.

Did you download and install SubInACL and then copy SubInACL.exe to the same folder that fixdell.cmd is copied to?

Hi everyone,

My winXp machine is locked in a log/logon reboot. I think the problem is the userinit.exe and need to edit the registry to see where this points to. I have tried to build the UBCD4Win boot disc from my Win 7 computer using an OEM dell XP 2 disc. I followed the instructions and redid 3 times and I still get 2 errors ( load key failed and close hive failed) in building the iso. I think the problem is related to the error that subinacl is not recognized as an internal or external command when executing fixdell.cmd from the i386 folder where it is located. If anyone has anyideas that have NOT already been mentioned or simply has instructions for editing the registry in WinXP when it will not boot. I have the Dell OEM winxp origianl disc as well as an old ultimate boot disc that does boot on the WinXP machine but I can not find a program on it to edit the registry.

thans,

Al

If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#5 User is offline   acr123 Icon

• Pip

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

Yes I did.

Al

View Postpcuser, on 10 January 2010 - 02:15 PM, said:

I deleted your other post. Please do not cross post.

Did you download and install SubInACL and then copy SubInACL.exe to the same folder that fixdell.cmd is copied to?

Hi everyone,

My winXp machine is locked in a log/logon reboot. I think the problem is the userinit.exe and need to edit the registry to see where this points to. I have tried to build the UBCD4Win boot disc from my Win 7 computer using an OEM dell XP 2 disc. I followed the instructions and redid 3 times and I still get 2 errors ( load key failed and close hive failed) in building the iso. I think the problem is related to the error that subinacl is not recognized as an internal or external command when executing fixdell.cmd from the i386 folder where it is located. If anyone has anyideas that have NOT already been mentioned or simply has instructions for editing the registry in WinXP when it will not boot. I have the Dell OEM winxp origianl disc as well as an old ultimate boot disc that does boot on the WinXP machine but I can not find a program on it to edit the registry.

thans,

Al

#6 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:14 AM

Hi acr123

there is a latter version of the dellfix shown at link below (probably needed with Dell recovery CD of XP with sp3)

http://www.911cd.net...&st=20&start=20

'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.
              Means SubInACL.exe is not in correct location (which must be same as location of setupreg.hiv and dellfix.cmd)

There are sometimes problems building on Vista or Win 7
              which may require commands such as dellfix.cmd and ubcd4winbuilder to be run as administrator (not just with administrator account)

regards

Mike Barnes

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users