Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booting A Win7 Computer blue screen of death

#1 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

So I needed to buy my wife a new computer. I wanted to stop hearing her complaints about the Vista desktop. I had purchased a laptop for her, but she does not like laptops. I was in a hurry to get something done, so I bought a Lenovo desktop at Fry's. BTW, there is nothing wrong with VISTA. I use it almost daily without ever having a problem. Ditto for my Win 98 ME computer that I keep to run my old high-quality scanner.

I decided to try booting UBCD4WIN. All was well until several minutes had passed. Then, the blue screen. I tried PE compatibility mode. Is this also something I can expect from trying to boot from LINUX? I will try LINUX later.

I am sure this topic has come up before, but a quick search found nothing. Please, don't bother to answer if your point is chewing me out for not doing a better search.

Cheers

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

A blue screen aka BSOD is a generic term used to say there was an error code shown on a screen that just happens to be blue... there are hundreds of possible BSOD error codes and you didn't say which one you got.

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users