would like to print up my cd

thanks
    great work

#2 User is offline   LarrySmith Icon

• PipPipPip
      • Group: Donators

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:51 AM

HI
      With all the continous updates it would be expensive. I used to put a nice label on all the rescue CDs, but it just costs to much in the long run. :rolleyes:
      Dell Dimension 4100, P-3, 1GHz, 512MB Ram, WinXP Pro SP2

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:55 AM

I really suck when it comes to graphics, all graphics for the site and project have been made by volunteers. :D
        I do sell the CD from the site, for those unfortunate people still stuck on dialup and cannot wait hours to download the project. For those CD's, I've just used a graphic from the site.
        Luckily my labeling software has the option "Fit to..." so I inserted the graphic and "Fit it" to the CD label. I use ExPressIt by Memorex.
        No one else has volunteered to create a CD label for the project so I've just always given that advice. Everything doesn't fit perfectly, but it still looks pretty darn good! :)
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#4 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Admin

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:14 AM

Please don't double post! I will delete your other post soon.

Yes, the project has been updated A LOT over the 11 months of it's existance, but that is slowly changing. Due to many factors. A large majority of good freeware is already included, lack of time, etc. The last 11 months has been a big growing and creating process. So I honestly see the next update (which I still can't decide when to release) being the last for a while. Unless something big is released or figured out, this project will be on a bi-monthly updating scheme. I am trying to find the time to work on a few "big" things for the project at the moment. I hope to have the time to get it all figured out within a month so I can release 2.5. If not, then 2.6 will probably follow within a month's time. Then we will be at a bi-monthly release schedule, unless something big happens. Lately it's been a very hard "juggeling act". I do not want to continue to feel dissapointed in myself because I feel the project is not where it should be, where it could be, or where I want it to be....because I do not have enough time to figure out and fix everything.
          "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#5 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:29 AM

Keeping up to date on labels isn't hard. If you always use a CD-RW and just make the label generic (nothing with dates on it) then there you go. I do that for the CDs I use at work. :)

As for an official label, I may be able to make something up, but I think it may be best to have someone else help out, just like with the official icon. :D

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
            "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
            "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
            "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
            "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
            "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#6 User is offline   hi_reach Icon

• Pip
              • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:23 PM

thanks guys
              just looking for a graphic that looks good on cd
              maybe a artist(which i aint) can make up a general logo for cd and we add the text our selfs for different versions

thanks again
              marty

#7 User is offline   Freddy4Toes Icon

• PipPip
                • Group: Donators

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:18 PM

I ordered the 2.41 Burn CD from Steel. It had a label on it. Cool! Unfortunately when I burned the CD it didn't tranfer the Label. Wonder why? It did everything else :D

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users