• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2.5 Fix!!

#1 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:51 PM

Sorry again everyone for the mistake. I was working on so many things at once I forgot to get back to the new USB plugin. I was checking it out last week and it worked fine so I thought I would "fine tune" it later, oops I forgot to before releasing the new version.

So anyways, here is what you need to do.

1. Navigate to your "plugin" folder.
    2. Open the "aspi" folder. There should be a folder named "deepburner". Delete it!
    3. Now go back to the "plugin" folder.
    4. Delete the "usb" folder.
    5. Download the fix: UsbFix for 2.5
    6. Extract it into your "plugin" folder.

Again I apologize for the oversight. This should take care of the USB problem. The new plugin separates the USB and FireWire plugins.

Also of important note: Do not enable the "DellFix" plugin unless you have a Dell system. Several users have reported issues because they enabled it. They probably thought I forgot to enable it like I did with 2.4 and PELoader. Anyways, this plugin is provided because a lot of users have posted here or emailed me because they have the error message. It's just easier to have it in place and to tell them to enable it, rather than them have to manually create the file.

Please everyone, if you find any other errors or mistakes start a post or email me. Luckily the first mistake reported was fixable without having to release a x.x1 version. I'm just hoping I didn't mess anything else up that will require a x.x1 release.

Enjoy the new version!!
    Need some hardware or software at super low prices? Check out my online store here: Burrows Solutions

"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"
    "My cause is noble, my power is pure"
    "My new computer came with Windows 7. Windows 7 is much more user-friendly than Windows Vista. I don't like that."
    "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

Can we smoke in here?
    Cigarettes or crack?
    Don't make me choose.

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:50 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that yesterday when I got home from work I took the download down. No one should have been able to download the broken version from 2pm - 8pm EST. At 8, I then had the fixed version uploaded to several mirrors so I updated the page. It's all explained on the home page for the site.
      Need some hardware or software at super low prices? Check out my online store here: Burrows Solutions

"My new computer came with Windows 7. Windows 7 is much more user-friendly than Windows Vista. I don't like that."

Can we smoke in here?
      Cigarettes or crack?
      Don't make me choose.

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:40 PM

There are a few other issues that have been reported. Please read the "news" section on the site to get more details. I am contemplating releasing a 2.51 version but I need to fix a few tools before I would do that. I hope to have the time to get these tools working tomorrow.

Although I didn't mention the exact "menu" issues on the site, here are some fixes for more "savvy" users to do on their own for the time being.

Linux tools (explor2fs & R-Linux). Simply open the XML files for these plugins. Change line 3 to:

<MENU ID="Explorers">
        On Screen Keyboard. Open the XML file. Change line 3 to:

<MENU ID="System">

SysClean plugin. Delete the old and replace it with this download: New SysClean plugin

Keyfinder. Open the XML file and change line 3 to:

<MENU ID="Password Tools">
        mstsc plugin. Open the XML file. Change line 3 to:

<MENU ID="Network Tools">

Handy Recover plugin. Open the XML file and change line 3 to:

<MENU ID="Recovery">

I'm pretty sure that those are all the errors that have been reported and that I have found so far. I appreciate that many users have been very understanding with all of these issues. Luckily they are all minor so this could be considered "no big deal", however I am always hard on myself and strive for perfect releases. With the complexity and differences between systems this is sometimes quite hard. I am still not very happy with myself.

I've been working on the site and fixes all day so now I will try to relax a bit. Although I will still be around waiting for replies and hoping no other errors are reported.

This post has been edited by SteelTrepid: 14 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

Can we smoke in here?
        Cigarettes or crack?
        Don't make me choose.

#4 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:59 AM

A few memory issues have been found with FireFox. I've never had problems with it and I tried going to many sites when I was testing it. However all of my systems here at home have at least 512 RAM, so my ramdrives are usually pretty big.

Here is the plugin for K-Meleon if anyone would like to add it to their build:

K-Meleon plugin

Just extract the file in your "plugin" folder and build the project again.

IDE Drive
          Problem has just been reported to me in an email. I again don't understand this one. I have it working on my system but it doesn't work on his. I took a look at my INF file for the plugin and noticed I messed up the "wildcards". I thought I had them setup to copy ONLY the 3 files needed for the tool, but it doesn't. So if you would like to fix it yourself or haven't built yet and don't want to take the chance of this tool not working do the following:
          *Open the "IDEDrive.inf" file located in the plugin folder.
          *The 16th line should read [SourceDiskFiles].
          *Delete the two lines below it and replace them with:

*.exe=a,,1
          *.vxd=a,,1
          *.sys=a,,1

Now build the project and it will work.

Can we smoke in here?
          Cigarettes or crack?
          Don't make me choose.

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users