• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Help with New Regular Drivers Release Post Your Problems HERE

#1 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:33 PM

Hello everyone. I'm just creating this topic to have everyone post their problems with the current latest release of the drivers add-on. I've already fixed a few issues and added a couple of new drivers and want to release a minor update, but I want even more feedback so that I can make the update worth the effort. Please, post anything you want about the drivers, any problems, any suggestions, just something that will help me make it better and thus so I can put out a new fixed and better release. Thanks for your help. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#2 User is offline   smiley Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:38 AM

How about devcon?

MS page

e.g. devcon rescan to recognize new HW.

This post has been edited by smiley: 22 April 2005 - 11:39 AM

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:45 AM

It sounds pretty good. I think we could use it when troubleshooting, unless I am misunderstanding it's use.

There is one bad thing I noticed on the page though:

DevCon is not redistributable.

Damn MS! Anyways, I will try to check it out more and would like to hear how everyone thinks we could use this.
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#4 User is offline   smiley Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:23 PM

two sentences later:

You can freely modify DevCon for private use.

so what do they want now?

#5 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

That means that each individual person could download it by themselves and modify it if needed for their OWN personal use, but we, as the UBCD4Win Team, cannot distribute the file to countless others. That's what I get out of that and I really don't want to push the bar with M$ much... :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
            "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
            "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
            "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
            "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
            "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#6 User is offline   beenthereb4 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

Here is a thread that might explain some of the problems we see with the Promise controllers: Promise Problems

#7 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

Ahh, thank you very much. I will try that and see what happens. :D

#8 User is offline   lawson23 Icon

• Ultra Member
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:47 AM

I don't know why but I can't find any link to download these from the UBCD4win website or forum. I have read the LOOK HERE page that describes the 1.1 information but no link for download. I know I can go to LittlBUGer and obtain but wanted to mention that I can't find anything on UBCD4win's site for this download.

Now if I'm just totally stupid and missing it. Let me know (where) and then give me your best idiot line!

#9 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:58 AM

Well, off of the main page going to the Downloads button on the left, you go to the main downloads page and there's the drivers. I don't think Ben (Steel) has updated the page yet to illustrate the new drivers but you can still click my link (and only my link for now) to get the latest. :)

#10 User is offline   aiya_au Icon

• Pip

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:04 AM

hey, i'm using they 2.5 ubcd with the 1.2v drivers. i can't get the network drivers to work? i'm using a gigabyte K8Nf-9 with onboard nforce4 lan.

can someone help me?

#11 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:06 PM

Yes, there's actually been a known problem that most of the time, any of the nForce drivers will not work due to the fact that the bus enumerator drivers must be installed first (like they would do automatically if you installed the drivers within Windows) before the Network and/or Storage drivers could work. Since this is no easy task to complete in the UBCD4Win environment, we are still trying to figure out a way to get around this and fix the problem. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If anyone else has any thoughts/suggestions, please let us know. Thanks. :)

#12 User is offline   aiya_au Icon

• Pip

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

my hard drive died on my last week, and with this boot environment, i'm still able to use prime95 to test my overclocking settings and so forth  :Dtoo bad i can't browse the net =\

:)

The other option is to go buy a compatible $15-$20 network card and be done with it ;)

For example, there are those folks who would love to get the dialup modem working in PE but just can't - spending hours and hours trying to get it to work... the option is to just buy one that is known to work - I bought a "generic" model that uses the Conexant chip set for $14 wuth free shipping/no sales tax (actually i bought TWO in case one dies - they were so cheap), so that setting dialup network was a breeze - used drivers which already existed in an XP build... just a thought...

DW

:)

#13 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • Group: Admin

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

Hopefully we can figure this out soon. Damn, nVidia!! Why must they make things so complicated!

Glad the project has been very helpful for you and hopefully soon we can give you the "Net"!!!!
                            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#14 User is offline   JustJim Icon

• Pip

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:38 PM

Hello,

I have a couple drivers that I would like to see added to the UBD.
                              If you have the time, could you please add support for:

Emulex LP6000/7000/8000/9000/850/950
                              QLogic FCA Driver 9.0.2.11

I can e-mail the driver files to you if necessary.
                              Thanks for making your great tool available! It has saved me multiple times!

Best Wishes!

JustJim

LittlBUGer, on Apr 21 2005, 09:33 PM, said:

Hello everyone.  I'm just creating this topic to have everyone post their problems with the current latest release of the drivers add-on.  I've already fixed a few issues and added a couple of new drivers and want to release a minor update, but I want even more feedback so that I can make the update worth the effort.  Please, post anything you want about the drivers, any problems, any suggestions, just something that will help me make it better and thus so I can put out a new fixed and better release.  Thanks for your help.  :)

#15 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:58 PM

I was also curious if you ever updated the realtech 8169 driver with the one I posted in a link to a while back?

The one included in the driver pack doesn't work with my onboard nic

MB - Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2

http://www.ezpcfix.net/rtl8169.zip

Tom
                                If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

• (5 Pages)
                                • +
                                • Last »
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users