• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Help with New Regular Drivers Release Post Your Problems HERE

#16 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:12 PM

I will do as you both command. Thanks. ;):)

Hopefully a new release will come out soon (I know I always say that). But please allow me a little time, as I just had a new baby boy and I've had about 7 driver requests within a week, so I want to make sure everything is working before a release is sent out again. :)

UPDATE: @pcuser:
    The Realtek drivers from their website are much newer than the ones you provided, so I will try to use those.

@JustJim:
    The Emulex drivers seem to only be for Win NT (as the device is Legacy), but I will see what I can do. I also can't find the QLogic device you are talking about. Can you give more details? Thanks. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#17 User is online   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:59 PM

Congrats on the new baby :Dcigars for everyone!!! :D

I'll test the latest drivers from the website and let you know how it goes.

Tom
      If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#18 User is offline   richard612 Icon

• Pip

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

Hi guys,

Had trouble with the Intel SATA RAID driver "IASTOR.SYS" in the latest driver pack. It BSOD's on a Dell Precision 380 with SATA drives set up in RAID-0.

The driver in the pack is version 5.0.0.1032. I updated the driver to 5.1.0.1022 from the Intel WWW site and the problem is solved.

FYI.....

RM

#19 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

richard612, on Aug 29 2005, 05:05 PM, said:

Hi guys,

Had trouble with the Intel SATA RAID driver "IASTOR.SYS" in the latest driver pack.  It BSOD's on a Dell Precision 380 with SATA drives set up in RAID-0.

The driver in the pack is version 5.0.0.1032.  I updated the driver to 5.1.0.1022 from the Intel WWW site and the problem is solved.

FYI.....

RM

I'll get that and update the drivers (if I haven't already done that for the upcoming release). Thanks. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#20 User is offline   garlicsalt2 Icon

• PipPip
            • Interests:Linux; Windows 3.x, 9x/ME, and later; MS-DOS; Palm OS, Pcoket PCs; Embedded Linux based WiFi routers [ http://openwrt.org ]; Networking; PC Repair; Knoppix [ http://www.knoppix.com/ ].

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:41 PM

Problems:
            First off, I am having trouble on my brother's PC with LAN as well as Video! The video display is stuck at 640x480x16 when using UBCD4Win Boot CD ver 2.55.
            It is an Intel 82845G series. (as per Device Manager under "Normal Windows").
            The Lan/Network adapter is an Intel Pro 100 card (either one of these might be built-in. I'm not certain).
            The PC is an eMachines model T2862

Bart's PE Network setup gives an error message when I click "Ok" after setting-up the settings, whether or not I change any of the defaults. This is a new bug in release 2.55. I didn't experience any network problems under v2.50. However, the graphics but was present in that release.

Second item is: I'm going to try, once I return home, to add support for my DLink model DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Card. I'll post my findings here when I find out if it works or not. (My Parents+brothers have a working DSL Line, so downloads happen over there).

Third (this is not the right forum, but I'm already typing this message, so...), is there any reason why additional non-standard plug-ins linked to at Bart's plug-in page, wouldn't work with the UBCD4Win "Modifications". Specifically, there is a listing for a "Bit-torrent Client plug-in", Since I don't have any experience with P2P filesharing, I don't really want to install the S/W directly.

Sincerely,
            Aaron J. Outhier
            Aaron Outhier

"In today's modern world of Powerful photo and graphics editors, and Peer-2-Peer File-sharing networks, one must beware of "Geeks sharing GIFs". -- Aaron Outhier/GarlicSalt2.

#21 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:14 PM

Yes, we actually have just discovered the on-board Intel NIC problem that seems to be only apparent in the latest 2.55 release. Yet, the latest release also now support the on-board Intel video as well which I think it supposed to be stuck at that resolution as it won't work any other way (at least for now... I'm not sure on the specifics here though).

It should be easy enough for you to add support for your DLink NIC, but I will try to get it added to the next release as well. :-)

There 'shouldn't' be any problem adding another plugin into the UBCD4Win but I cannot be positive on that. It may work, it may not, but we can try to help if possible.

Thanks. :-)

#22 User is offline   oneLess Icon

• Pip

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:38 PM

hello ! this is my first PE disk .
                simply i have the latest BartPE + UBCD apps+ UBCD drivers
                i follow the instructions on this site , but

i got on boot a
                "file Si3124r.sys missing"

what can i do ?

#23 User is offline   oneLess Icon

• Pip

Posted 28 September 2005 - 05:55 AM

sorry was my fault !
                  i follow the instructions exactly ,
                  i have some experience in unattended CD
                  but i use an already unattended cd + BTS drivers packs included
                  and probably was some links there uncovered

i switch to my genuine MS WIndows XP Pro SP2
                  and all is fantastic now !

PLEASE specify on your instructions
                  to use an unmodified kit of windowx xp .
                  (maybe some other guys can have same ideea)

many thanks .

#24 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:00 AM

That's actually what I've been trying to test is getting a script to work to add all of the BTS Drivers packs into the build instead of using our current driver pack. This would include far greater support and should actually work with everything. I really haven't had much time lately to test more, but hopefully soon. :)

#25 User is offline   garlicsalt2 Icon

• PipPip
                      • Interests:Linux; Windows 3.x, 9x/ME, and later; MS-DOS; Palm OS, Pcoket PCs; Embedded Linux based WiFi routers [ http://openwrt.org ]; Networking; PC Repair; Knoppix [ http://www.knoppix.com/ ].

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:30 AM

Hello, It's me again.

I have tested the Wi-Fi driver, and it doesn't appear to work. I suspect this may be because the install program for my card installs two windows "Services" provided by "Alpha Systems" or some such company. I had hoped that these were just "helpers" or were used to support the bundled connection software, but weren't need for the WZC interface of XP, but I don't know now. I would be happy to try to implement any ideas you may have, so you don't have to go and buy this card or something. I would be happy to provide any related information you might request as well. (BTW, to find the drivers, browse to: http://support.dlink.com/ and click the leftmost drop-down list and select "DWL", then on the right, select "G520". Note that is with an initial "G", and without a plus (+) at the end.) I used the .cat, and .inf, .sys, and .dll files that were provided in the .zip file on this site, and put them in the "pebuilder3.13/drivers/net/D-Link DWL-G520 folder". Upon booting up the CD however, my card was not detected.

I have a text printout of the "Unknown Devices" program provided on the CD, but I won't include it here. Let me know if there is someplace I can submit it.

One last thing: The same error message (and program crash) that occured on my brother's system, also appears to be happening on system for my built-in Nvidia N-Force2 wired ethernet device on my system. (Motherboard=ECS N2U400-A)

I wonder if you guys should open-up a special forum specifically made for submission of DeviceList.txt files created by the "Unknown Devices" app. That program gives all of the nitty-gritty info needed to track-down drivers for some of this stuff.

Another program of interest: Belarc Advisor. http://www.belarc.com/
                      This program "is free for personal, non-commercial use". Even if it is not re-distributable, someone could provide instructions for creating a plug-in for end-user inclusion and/or users could be asked to install it as a method of identifying certain hardware. This product actually only knows what windows knows, but it might come in handy for turning-up info on devices that the desktop OS knows about, but that don't work in PE/UBCD4Win.

I know, I'm incredably verbose, especially regarding computer stuff. In my defense: It is worse in person! :P

--Aaron
                      Aaron Outhier

"In today's modern world of Powerful photo and graphics editors, and Peer-2-Peer File-sharing networks, one must beware of "Geeks sharing GIFs". -- Aaron Outhier/GarlicSalt2.

#26 User is offline   garlicsalt2 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:09 AM

I don't suppose anyone's having trouble with the "nwdskpe" plugin?? If so, it might have something to do with the error in the log file about "decompressorcopy" and "nwdskpe_nu2menu.xml". I suspect it might be due to the fact that the file is not present in my plugin/nwdskpe folder. I further suspect that this in turn might be because said file is not present in the 2.55 download package. Just a theory mind you... :P
                        Aaron Outhier

#27 User is offline   TQuestar Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:42 AM

Though I was successful in the past using UBCD4Win25, BartPE313, and the ver. 1.1 driver set to get a CD that would recognize my SATA drives, I am totally frustrated with UBCD4Win255 and the new system of drivers using UBCD4WinDriversV20.exe and the BTS driver archives. The File I need loaded is iastor.sys.

I have followed the instructions of the first message of:
                          http://www.ubcd4win....?showtopic=3208
                          exactly, but when I boot from the resulting CD it fails to recognize my SATA drives. I have started from scratch several times, but without success.

One thing I do not understand, is that the CD has an \Autobuild subdirectory off the root, and it includes lots of command files and the several archives of BTS drivers, but I cannot see what if anything calls these files during boot. There is nothing in autorun.inf, for example. Furthermore, in this directory:
                          \i386\system32\drivers\
                          the driver I need (iastor.sys) is absent, though it does exist in the BTS DriverPack_MassStorage_V510.7s in the latest version (5.1.0.1022)

Also, that topic #3208 cited above must be a closed one, as I am not permitted to post my message there.

#28 User is offline   webmedic Icon

• Ultimate Member
                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                            • Group: 911Cd Forum Guru

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:58 AM

Well to be honest if you have that folder then the drivers have not been installed. It means that you have disabled (or it is not installed) the autobuild plugin which runs before the cd is built and properly sets up the drivers for you.

Since this folder is there your drivers are not being set up at all.

First look in your bart pe folder is there an autobuild log file ? If not then autobuild is not even installed.

Goto the autobuild plugin folder and click on the install.cmd. It will install the autobuild plugin so that it is usable for you.

If there is an autobuild log there then try this.

1) Make sure you enable the build iso button in barts pe.

2) make sure you check the plugins and make sure that the bts driver plugin is anabled and that the autobuild plugins are enabled.

#29 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:10 AM

TQuestar, on Nov 1 2005, 11:42 PM, said:

Though I was successful in the past using UBCD4Win25, BartPE313, and the ver. 1.1 driver set to get a CD that would recognize my SATA drives, I am totally frustrated with UBCD4Win255 and the new system of drivers using UBCD4WinDriversV20.exe and the BTS driver archives. The File I need loaded is iastor.sys.

exactly, but when I boot from the resulting CD it fails to recognize my SATA drives. I have started from scratch several times, but without success.

One thing I do not understand, is that the CD has an \Autobuild subdirectory off the root, and it includes lots of command files and the several archives of BTS drivers, but I cannot see what if anything calls these files during boot. There is nothing in autorun.inf, for example. Furthermore, in this directory:
                              \i386\system32\drivers\
                              the driver I need (iastor.sys) is absent, though it does exist in the BTS DriverPack_MassStorage_V510.7s in the latest version (5.1.0.1022)

Also, that topic #3208 cited above must be a closed one, as I am not permitted to post my message there.

Hello, for one, you still aren't posting to the right topic. The correct topic is THIS ONE.

Now, as for your problem, what were the "exact" steps you took to build the CD and when pebuilder started doing it's thing, did you notice several command prompt windows appear and then disappear? It seems like you didn't even get them installed properly, as webmedic noted. More details would help. Thanks. :-)

#30 User is offline   TQuestar Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:01 PM

Thanks LittlBUGer and webmedic for your quick response. I'll answer your questions in topic 3209, as LittlBuger suggests. Sorry, I did not see that topic when I posted. So, over to 3209.....

LittlBUGer, on Nov 2 2005, 08:10 AM, said:

TQuestar, on Nov 1 2005, 11:42 PM, said:

\i386\system32\drivers\

Hello, for one, you still aren't posting to the right topic. The correct topic is THIS ONE.

Now, as for your problem, what were the "exact" steps you took to build the CD and when pebuilder started doing it's thing, did you notice several command prompt windows appear and then disappear? It seems like you didn't even get them installed properly, as webmedic noted. More details would help. Thanks. :-)

• (5 Pages)
                                • +
                                • Last »
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users