• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Help with New Regular Drivers Release Post Your Problems HERE

#31 User is offline   Arry Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:00 PM

Hi

Sorry if this has already been posted but there seems to be a few topics going for this.

I have made many UBCD for win in the past and they have all worked fine.

I downloaded all the latest files as of yesterday afternoon Perth Australia time and then made the CD with the BTS driver packs.

I have also been using the BTS packs for many months as I am a member of MSFN, but that is for a different project.

The problem is that with the new drivers, no devices are detected. It seems to me that they are not copied across correctly and so are not being installed etc.

Many thanks

This post has been edited by Arry: 03 November 2005 - 11:13 PM

#32 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:21 PM

Please post in the correct location, located HERE.

When you do, please provide elaborate details on the "exact" steps you took to build the CD. Thanks. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#33 User is offline   richard612 Icon

• Pip

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

Hi all,

Running driver pack 1.8 with UBCD v3.0RC5. Has anyone gotten this combo to boot as a guest under VMware Server Beta (the new GSX)? Something is powering off the guest approximately when WinPE would be going into graphical mode.

I have an old UBCD disc here that's about 8 months old and it does the same thing. I think something's wrong with the VMware Server Beta build 22874 because both discs will boot VMware Workstation 5.5.1 just fine.

#34 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:44 PM

Try it on the physical machine and not vmware. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#35 User is offline   richard612 Icon

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:26 AM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Apr 26 2006, 10:44 PM, said:

Try it on the physical machine and not vmware. :)
            I think the culprit is the old symmpi.sys in the driver pack. I'm trying a 2005 version instead of the 2002 version that's crashing VMware.

#36 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:21 AM

Where is that file in the driver pack? For some reason, I can't seem to find it...

#37 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Admin

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:50 AM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Apr 27 2006, 09:21 AM, said:

Where is that file in the driver pack? For some reason, I can't seem to find it...

SCSIAdapter\LSI\ultra320_int
                Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#38 User is offline   richard612 Icon

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:54 AM

It's in scsiadapter\lsi\ultra320_int. The new driver didn't fix the problem... I'm still investigating...

#39 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Group: Admin

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:00 AM

View Postrichard612, on Apr 27 2006, 10:54 AM, said:

It's in scsiadapter\lsi\ultra320_int. The new driver didn't fix the problem... I'm still investigating...

If you haven't tried this already... try enabling ACPI in the User-Settings.inf found in the !Critical plugin area... line 72

; Set the ACPI Mode here... (Disabled By Default. ACPI is not needed)
                    "Txtsetup.sif","ACPIOptions","ACPIEnable","2"
                    Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#40 User is offline   FeReNGi Icon

• PipPip
                      • Group: PE Contributor/Coder

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

new drivers sent to Highlander that will fix alot of problems

Dell - >per4si
                      Promise -> fasttrack_tx2_4_2000
                      LSI -> Ultra 320

This post has been edited by FeReNGi: 01 June 2006 - 12:26 PM

#41 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:27 PM

View PostFeReNGi, on Jun 1 2006, 11:23 AM, said:

new drivers sent to Highlander that will fix alot of problems

Do you mind also sending them to me, since I'm the creator of them? Thanks. :)

#42 User is offline   FeReNGi Icon

• PipPip
                          • Group: PE Contributor/Coder

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:06 PM

dell per4di should be deleted in driver pack of UBCD4WIN.

Replacement dell per4si already in package.

See already sent e-mail about it

#43 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

View PostFeReNGi, on Jun 6 2006, 11:06 AM, said:

dell per4di should be deleted in driver pack of UBCD4WIN.

Replacement dell per4si already in package.

See already sent e-mail about it

I wouldn't worry about it too much. We are kind of "striking a deal" with BTS and his driver packs to allow us to kind of collaborate and have them working nicely with the UBCD4Win. More details on this next month... :)

#44 User is offline   CBailey Icon

• Pip

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

I get an error when I enable this plugin. Don't remember exactly, but think the nwdskpe.xml file was missing....

View Postgarlicsalt2, on Oct 6 2005, 02:09 AM, said:

I don't suppose anyone's having trouble with the "nwdskpe" plugin?? If so, it might have something to do with the error in the log file about "decompressorcopy" and "nwdskpe_nu2menu.xml". I suspect it might be due to the fact that the file is not present in my plugin/nwdskpe folder. I further suspect that this in turn might be because said file is not present in the 2.55 download package. Just a theory mind you... :P

#45 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:49 AM

View PostCBailey, on Jun 7 2006, 08:42 AM, said:

I get an error when I enable this plugin. Don't remember exactly, but think the nwdskpe.xml file was missing....

View Postgarlicsalt2, on Oct 6 2005, 02:09 AM, said:

I don't suppose anyone's having trouble with the "nwdskpe" plugin?? If so, it might have something to do with the error in the log file about "decompressorcopy" and "nwdskpe_nu2menu.xml". I suspect it might be due to the fact that the file is not present in my plugin/nwdskpe folder. I further suspect that this in turn might be because said file is not present in the 2.55 download package. Just a theory mind you... :P

I actually got Ben to add that plugin a long time ago when I was using Novell at work. Now that I don't, I can't test it anymore and I don't know why it doesn't work. Probably very outdated... :-\

• (5 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users