• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Update bat PAVCD and the original UBCD New Versions

#31 User is offline   RShea Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:41 PM

I have followed the instructions for the creation of a c:\PublicAV folder and moved the contents of the Public AV into that folder. If I run the customupdate batch file, it seems to complete without errors. However I just noticed the files in the scan folder are still showing the date of Jun 28th. That in my case was the last download I did of the PublicAV from nyquil-kids web site. So 2 questions on the batch files. First is any capabilities to create a log file with any errors in the C:\PublicAV folder? And second question, since the downloads seem to work, the ISO creation is working (date of the ISO is yesterday, and the Wintools directory is in the ISO, what would the trouble be with the McAfee sdat, definitions not getting extracted to the scan folder, any ideas or clues? Thought I had it working.

#32 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator
      • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:18 AM

I've just ran the file and looked in the scan folder and some of the McAfee files show dates of 26/10/2004 scan.dat however shows 29/08/2005.

Not all files will be updated as they haven't been updated by McAfee etc....
      RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#33 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
        • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:55 AM

PublicAntiVirus updater

Public AntiVirus has been updated with the current version of download.exe which gives a % readout of how much of the download has been completed. Please note the syntax for download.exe has also changed.
        RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#34 User is offline   LarrySmith Icon

• PipPipPip
          • Group: Donators

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:23 PM

Hi stidyup

Thanks for the updater. I tried it yesterday for the first time before I started to manually update PAVCD and was amazed how well it worked. I don't have a clue how it works, but I'm learning... :)
          Dell Dimension 4100, P-3, 1GHz, 512MB Ram, WinXP Pro SP2

#35 User is offline   Trout Icon

• Pip

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:34 AM

Stidyup, I am having a problem downloading the PublicAV updater. I have tried the last couple of days to download it without success. I can get most of it but it will hang at anywhere from 64 to 98 percent. I have tried downloading it multiple ways and still a no go. Is there an alternate site to download it? Any suggestions on a way that I might try to get the file? Thanks in advance for any help. :D

#36 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:24 AM

Not sure which site you are using but here are the 3 sites it can be downloaded from:

http://www.rescueme4...icAntivirus.htm

Site 2

Site 3

Seems like the security wonks server is very slow, not sure what the problem is. I know that they have recently updated the server but it still seems like they are having problems.

However I managed to download it using firefox, but it was very slow. My other sites are quicker.
              RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

#37 User is offline   Trout Icon

• Pip

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:37 AM

Thanks stidyup, that fixed it for me. I was able to get the file. Now to go update my public antivus cd.

Thanks for putting the updater out there. I really appreciate all of the effort involved
                :D

#38 User is offline   nemesisv Icon

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:49 AM

I had created a Updater for Win32 for Public AV as well. I tried looking for the contact of the authors of the original Public AV but could not locate their email or something. Anyway, if you are reading this, I wish to have your permission and support for the Updater.

Download 1.0 Beta
                  http://rapidshare.de...er_1.0.zip.html

Tested as of 09/09/05 updated CustomPublic AV 250MB.

#39 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:05 AM

@ nemesisv

Please PM me as the rescueme site is mine.

I've read the help file, I suspect the problem with the Sophos Web_ides.exe is to do with the 16-bit MS dos error which might be fixed with this.

Web_ides.zip may solve the problem, I forgot that Sophos has a zip version.

Do you know anyone with this problem, I'd be interested to know if the zip file gets rid of the problem. If it does I'll switch the code to download the zip file instead of the exe.

Which defs did you find where the /newest switch wasn't used. I can't find any other site where this would be needed, it's included in the sysclean and norton location, which other site did you find that needed it.
                    RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

#40 User is offline   nemesisv Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:15 PM

I believe the ZIP file will solve the problem. And you are right. The execution is blocked by newer OS such as WinXP SP2 and WS2003 because of the patcher Sophos has used in the exe file which ran in 16 bits protected mode.

I apologize for the /newest statement. It seems like I had overlooked your batch file. You had indeed included the switch in all necesasary download. Sorry. :P

Anyway, I was hopinh I can get your support on this project as I am now working on something new and getting ready to roll it out, as long as you do not object to it.

#41 User is offline   LarrySmith Icon

• PipPipPip
                        • Group: Donators

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

nemesisv, on Sep 8 2005, 12:49 PM, said:

I had created a Updater for Win32 for Public AV as well. I tried looking for the contact of the authors of the original Public AV but could not locate their email or something. Anyway, if you are reading this, I wish to have your permission and support for the Updater.

Download 1.0 Beta
                        http://rapidshare.de...er_1.0.zip.html

Tested as of 09/09/05 updated CustomPublic AV 250MB.

The author of PAVCD went by the name "nuquil-kid" and has chosen to remain anonymous. He has totally shut down the PAVCD project and has given permission to anyone who wants to keep it going, but I think it would be appropriate to always mention him in the credits of any future work.

This post has been edited by LarrySmith: 13 September 2005 - 09:59 AM

Dell Dimension 4100, P-3, 1GHz, 512MB Ram, WinXP Pro SP2

#42 User is offline   nemesisv Icon

• Pip

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:07 AM

I noticed there was a bug in the previous version I released with the filename of the boot image. It was looking for bootiable.img instead of bootable.img. I will be releasing a patch and update with it soon in V1.5.0

Meanwhile, here is PAV Lite V1.5.0
                          Lite in short only contains the bootup DOS mode scanner and nothing else in order to cut down the size. You will need the following files. Read the readme.txt inside PAV Lite Updater.zip

http://rapidshare.de...pdater.zip.html
                          http://rapidshare.de...litecd.zip.html

#43 User is offline   nemesisv Icon

• Pip

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:47 AM

Added another mirror just in case.
                            BTW, if there is anyone who would like to host these files for me, I will be more than happy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NEWNS5ZB
                            http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FH2SQPMK

#44 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:38 AM

Public AntiVirus updater has been updated, added to the custom build bat is the location for Xblocker spyware removal tool.

See first post for download links

@nemesisv

I can host the files for you please PM me.
                              RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

#45 User is offline   nemesisv Icon

• Pip

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:50 AM

With the released of updated batch file, the Win32 version has been updated as well and the bug patched as promised. No auto extraction available yet in this version though. It will be available in the next version.

Changes :
                                V1.5.0
                                Changed the CDWriter software from SCDWriter to BurnCDCC
                                Changed the download of Sophos web_ides.exe to web_ides.zip
                                Patched the incorrect naming of bootiable.img to bootable.img
                                Changed final ISO name to pav.isoChanged download list name to pav.lst
                                Added XBlocker to Spyware section
                                Optimized and remove some unnecessary copying of unzip.exe and mkisofs.exe

Download :
                                http://rapidshare.de..._1.5.0.zip.html

• (9 Pages)
                                • +
                                • Last »
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users