• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

USB....working??

#1 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:26 PM

Haven't gotten any responses yet about the new USB plugin that was added in the new release last week. I would just like some feedback from anyone that has either had a positive or negative experience with it. I don't own enough devices to fully test it so I just want to make sure it will work with USB CD drives and HDD's. I honestly only own a USB mouse, that's not very difficult to get working so...please test your USB devices with this project. I would appreciate any response and hope it works for everything.
    "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:04 PM

Tomorrow, at work, I'll test my USB key drive thing and see if that works. I forgot to do it last week. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
        • Group: Moderator
        • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:15 AM

My external USB hdd worked previously anyway so I can't test that. I could test my belkin usb mouse at home, don't know if that would really be helpful though?
        RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#4 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

My SanDisk Cruzer Titanium USB drive, which is a small 512MB thumbdrive, worked just fine with the WinUBCD. I just plugged it in, and it glowed blue (meaning that the OS recognized it and also that it's fully powered) after a few seconds. I then went into ExplorerXP and it saw that it was there. I transferred some files to it and removed some files and it all worked fine. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
            • Group: Admin

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:17 PM

Glad to hear it. Hopefully we get some responses from others. I haven't received any complaints or issues about it but I don't think it's been used that much.
            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#6 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
              • Group: Moderator
              • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:17 AM

Works OK with a Iomega 250 USB zip drive.
              RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#7 User is offline   cyril Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:51 AM

Hi

I just discovered UBCD4Win and first of all I would like to thank you for this marvelous piece of software!
                It will greatly help me in my PC maintenances!

I just couldn't make a Iomega 250 Zip USB drive work. I connected it before booting and I can't see it in the drives.

When I try to launch the hadware installation program, UBCD4win tells me there already is an installation process working (which one ? I don't know).

Is there something special to have it work ?

thanks

cyril

#8 User is offline   webmedic Icon

• Ultimate Member
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: 911Cd Forum Guru

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:33 AM

yes I would say so with thunbdrives so cheap I dont think anybody has ever made a driver plugin for zip disks. Do they work by default in windows or do you have to load drivers for them to work from usb. I know the internal ones work without drivers.

#9 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • Group: BETA Tester
                    • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:15 AM

I have never used a ZIP drive in bartpe so I can't answer if it would work or not...

What I can say is that the USB ZIP drive does not require special drivers to work. Windows sees it and then loads it as a removable drive just like the internal or external Parallel versions.

As for working in BPE... Try the drive and the disk in another system... Could be that the USB set is not being recognized and loaded on that machine. Either load the drive and disk in another differant machine or try another USB device (eg. an external USB HD or Key FOB) in that same machine and see if that is recognized.

Other than that... I would not think that it would not work. Hope this helps!!
                    \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
                    BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
                    It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
                    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users