Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need your opinion... Help if you can... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:35 PM

To everyone who cares...

I just kind of redid a bit of my download site and was wondering if now the Google ads are too much, or if it's nicer now or what. Please comment on anything about it if you have the time. Thanks. :)

http://www.littlbuger.info

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:42 PM

12656? Is that how many times it's been downloaded since Nov-22? I think that's pretty good!

As for the ads, I personally don't mind them much and they don't look too bad to me. If you had more content that would help.
      "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#3 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:56 PM

Eh, don't believe the downloads number too much. There were some glitches in the beginning and thus the number shot up at an unreliable rate. Since then, the glitch has been fixed, but the number remains until a new version comes out. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
        "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
        "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
        "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
        "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
        "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#4 User is offline   lawson23 Icon

• Ultra Member
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:14 PM

Well,

Moving Discussion

It still doesn't look bad so I would say leave it the way it is. One thing I noticed is it looks weird how you have the side ads starting not at the top of the top ad. I would say move them up and fill blank square in and maybe add some more below. That was just my opinion.

This post has been edited by lawson23: 14 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Admin

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:46 PM

:angry:Hmmm, greasemonkey sucks. If all the users or potential users of the project had that installed on their systems....this project, site, and forum would be down. Without users supporting the project by checking out our "sponsors", we wouldn't have money to keep the site up. I think it's pretty sad that users of a project wouldn't want to help support our efforts by checking out our sponsors. The ads are small and don't really bother anything. I'm just speechless right now. :unsure:
            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#6 User is offline   webmedic Icon

• Ultimate Member
            • PipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: 911Cd Forum Guru

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:56 PM

well it looks exactly the same to me but maybe with more links to other things like 7zip and the adds. So no real difference really. Layout and whatnot is more or less the same.

#7 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

View Postlawson23, on Dec 14 2005, 11:14 AM, said:

Well,

Moving Discussion

It still doesn't look bad so I would say leave it the way it is. One thing I noticed is it looks weird how you have the side ads starting not at the top of the top ad. I would say move them up and fill blank square in and maybe add some more below. That was just my opinion.

The side ads start at the top of the main content... I don't want them at the top of the top ad, as that's too many ads close together. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. The new ads squeeze the content a bit, but that only hurts on really low resolutions I guess. :)

#8 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:58 PM

It looks good to me at 1024x768 using IE6

Tom
                  If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                  0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users