Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I wish to apologize

#1 User is offline   zardoz Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

I recently posted a slur on this site as to getting stuck in Paypal when trying to download EZPcFix. I just now downloaded the software with no problems. Obviously that night, something was amiss with the auto download or something was goofy on the net connection as it never offered the download. I thought I was being forced to go to Paypal which put me in a catch22. I now realize that 1) the download process was broken in some way and I should have just tried later, 2) that the snare that Paypal put me in was no fault of anyone responsible for EzPcFix. I deeply apologize. I was being what we used to call a dumb cluck, making assumptions and shooting my mouth off before I had determined the truth. Once I open and test using your utility, I promise that I will make a better donation for such professional and useful offerings.
    Thanks for hearing me out. Once again Sorry.

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:17 PM

Ok, well we thank you for your apology and clarifying what went wrong. However since your current screenname only has 1 post, I can't figure out what post you are talking about?? I'm assuming it was a different screenname and you lost your password, username, or something?
      "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

Ok, I just noticed that you posted that in Tom's other forum. :)Evidently he's too busy here to keep up with that forum. I added the categories for EzPCFix here a long time ago and figured he would take his old one down. We'll have to see what's up when he get's back online.
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#4 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:50 AM

@zardoz

No apology needed. I'm refunding your donation (was it the $5 donation I recieved recently?). If you try the software and like it enough to make a donation later then that's fine but I'm not going to accept any amount of money if you felt like you were forced/tricked into making a donation at the time.

EzPcFix is (and always will be) free software.

I think that this may have taken place during my transition from one webhost to another. My download page uses an asp.net script (aspx) and didn't realize at first that this wasn't enabled by default on the new server.

Evidently he's too busy here to keep up with that forum

I'll update the link on my site to point to this forum when I get home tomorrow.

Tom
          If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#5 User is offline   zardoz Icon

• Pip
            • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

It's very gracious of you to reply in so friendly a manner, but the apology still stands. $5 for what would be described as a potential buttsaving program is also an insult to my mind. It was what I was willing to give up in what I thought was a compromising situation. I have often downloaded pgms that I thought were so useful that I bought them or donated money to the creator. I only have to find out if my configuration can use your pgm. I will then be more appropriately appreciative. All who offer needed pgms on the net should be supported.

And once again for the last time, Sorry
            Zardoz

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users