• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 2.6

#16 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

I've been wondering where that driver pack is???? I have a copy of it, but NO ONE has talked about it in a very long time. Have you modified anything Randy? Ever since Brook left no one has really talked about the new driver release. I think we should probably just release that now also, well at least for testing. I know he did a lot of work on that and said he fixed several nVidia problems.
    "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#17 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:09 PM

View PostSteelTrepid, on Jan 16 2006, 08:29 PM, said:

I've been wondering where that driver pack is???? I have a copy of it, but NO ONE has talked about it in a very long time. Have you modified anything Randy? Ever since Brook left no one has really talked about the new driver release. I think we should probably just release that now also, well at least for testing. I know he did a lot of work on that and said he fixed several nVidia problems.

It may be a touch premature to release the 1.7 version until LittlBUGer or whoever can address about 7-9 missing file issues... I'm not sure if missing is correct term since they are there but with another name... but anyway.

I didn't think Randy and Brook got both the 1.7 and UB's BTS drivers merged yet... maybe I missed it if they did.

Randy #2

This post has been edited by rdsok: 16 January 2006 - 10:09 PM

Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#18 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

I have an "initial" release of the NEW driver pack.....however it's over a month old now. Not that it really matters, but I thought Randy #1 would have mentioned it more. I am not trying to call anyone out with this, just mentioning the fact that the mention of drivers packs has been very limited since Brook left. I want to add to that also, that I know Randy #1 has had a few job changes since that time and is now currently in TX (many states away from home) so I DO understand. The holidays were very hectic for me also. I also know that the training that he is currently doing is extremely important for him and his family, so I only expect him to study for all the tests he must do.

Anyways, the thing I was thinking of was a possible release of the new driver pack.....test the pack from a month ago more now and hopefully release it now.

I spoke with Brook on the phone tonight and even though he is offline now.....he has been working on this new driver pack. I think that it boils down to Randy1 getting his updated work, hopefully working with a new "driver pack" team member, and then having a better and more complete version ready for the release of 3.0.

#19 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:33 PM

Yes, basically due to the holidays and jobs and now currently my 2-week training, I haven't really had any time to work on the new drivers that webmedic spent most of his time on. If he's still been working on them since then, then that's awesome and I would really love to copy his latest "stable" copy so that I can see what's going on, learn what he's done, and then get a release out and whatnot. But as you said, I can't do anything for at least week, maybe not even until the beginning of next month, so we'll have to see. I guess we can just start by getting webmedic to get us the latest copy he's been working on and maybe have him drop me an email or a phone call so I know what the hell is going on? :)

As for the "errors" with drivers 1.6 and 1.7, it's mainly the new pebuilder's fault but also partly mine for not completely going through every single drivers .ini file to see exactly what was required... But then again, I think when I released 1.7 as beta, I just thought that the new one that webmedic was working on was so much better so I didn't go through everything in so much detail as before. Well, that and the fact I just didn't have the time. Hopefully we'll get something figured out though. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#20 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:53 PM

The "fix" for 1.7 is so easy... I can easily PM the changes... I'll have to rebuild from scratch to get the full error log again.. but I don't know how these go together and I was easily able to correct it with Randy's instructions.... only I can't package them the same way which would be nice.
            Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#21 User is offline   snoopy Icon

• Pip
              • Interests:Science, technology, compouting, Astronomy, Evolution, almost everything, except any kind of religion and similar fairy-stories<br />I pity anyone who believes in 'intelligent design'.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:51 AM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jan 16 2006, 07:55 PM, said:

Well, since I have so much bandwidth now, I'll create some FTP space just for you in which you can direct link to. You/we can use it for betas and testing and whatnot, but once the absolute final version comes out, then I'll have to delete that file as I can't have any direct links otherwise. Then, you wont have to worry about using other people's bandwidth. :)I'll try to get that setup sometime tonight if I have time.

I had the same problem with plain vanilla builds of UBCD4Win2.6 PE and Builder3.1.9, I isolated it to the drivers v 1.6.

snoopy

BTW, I would like to thank all concerned in the project for their widely appreciated efforts and the MAGNIFICENT UBCD4WIN

PS sorry for shouting.

#22 User is offline   amberoid Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:08 AM

Hi all,

I have yesterday build UBCD4WIN for the first time, using the V2.6 RC1 version. I updatet the xml's for SelfImage and HiJackThis and fixed the problem in the NVidia net drivers.

After that the build went ok. First impression of UBCD4WIN: Thanx for this great tool

Still have some problems (the system i try to repair has only 128mb ram, so i have trouble with running some programs from the ramdisk, but i could copy them to my usb-stick and run them from there), and some menu entrys are greyed out.

Malware -> CWShredder
                Registry Tools -> Erunt
                Registry Tools -> NtRegOpt

Can i already use the config tool to update the virus sigs in the 2.6 release?

#23 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
                  • Group: Moderator
                  • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:11 AM

Hi amberoid

Malware -> CWShredder
                  Registry Tools -> Erunt
                  Registry Tools -> NtRegOpt

The following tools are greyed out when the UBCD4Win is loaded as they can only be used on a active system loaded from the hdd. These tools can be access when your using windows normally.
                  RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#24 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

RC3/4 is being uploaded to the mirrors. It will take me a few hours to get it up to all of them. I really hope and trust that this will be the final release and I will announce it on the site soon. Basically when most mirrors are uploaded to and I have modified the "how to", "list of tools", "news", and "faq" pages on the site.

All mentioned problems (in this thread) have been corrected and a few others that beta testers have reported in the Beta Area of the forum. So this version SHOULD be good to go!!

#25 User is offline   WhiteZero Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:25 PM

Error: cannot find file: H:\pebuilder319\drivers\Net\Nvidia\nForce4\AMD\bdco1ins.dll
                      Error: cannot find file: H:\pebuilder319\drivers\Net\Nvidia\nForce4\Intel\bdco1ins.dll

:<

I'm just gonna try removing the nvidia folder and see if it builds.

This post has been edited by WhiteZero: 17 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

#26 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:37 PM

View PostWhiteZero, on Jan 17 2006, 04:25 PM, said:

Error: cannot find file: H:\pebuilder319\drivers\Net\Nvidia\nForce4\AMD\bdco1ins.dll
                        Error: cannot find file: H:\pebuilder319\drivers\Net\Nvidia\nForce4\Intel\bdco1ins.dll

Does anyone actually still READ anything anymore, or SEARCH for anything? Seriously... this is getting pathetic and pissing me off...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                        "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                        "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                        "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                        "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                        "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#27 User is offline   WhiteZero Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:38 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jan 17 2006, 05:37 PM, said:

View PostWhiteZero, on Jan 17 2006, 04:25 PM, said:

Does anyone actually still READ anything anymore, or SEARCH for anything? Seriously... this is getting pathetic and pissing me off...

Testy. Seesh.

Anyway, works fine by removing or doing the fix in this thread.
                          :P

#28 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:18 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jan 17 2006, 05:37 PM, said:

What... they are suppose to read the whole thread... oh heaven forbid...

I guess we may as well just :wall:

#29 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
                              • Group: Moderator
                              • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:49 AM

I think skim reading and jumping to assumptions is best :P:P:banana::banana:

Any tech prides themselves on not bothering to read instructions as they are a waste a of paper, metaphorically speaking, and time. :lol::lol:
                              RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#30 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
                              • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:35 PM

I rebuilt the V2.6 CD with the latest RC using the V1.6 drivers and BPE 3.1.9. I disabled the 911 MMC plugin since this caused me issues before. The build was clean. I added a Firefox 1.5 plugin from Bart's website. This plugin works fine under the project. I did notice that the Firefox plugin included with the project says Firefox 1.0.6 in the Pebuilder plugin list when its actually V1.0.7. Very minor issue. The limited testing I did showed no issues. In the V1.6 driver pack Nforce4 folder I made a copy of the bcdo1.dll and renamed it bcdo1ins.dll and the build ran with no errors. I've only tested on my laptop so far. I can't test on my desktop right now because of a broken keyboard.

So far it looks good. Keep up the good work Ben. Go Steelers and Panthers! :clapping:
                                Tom K.

• (4 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users