• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 2.6

#1 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:41 AM

Several mirrors have the new version uploaded to them. Hmmm, too bad I have to contact most of them so they will update their site to reflect the new version file.

Remember:
    1. This version is for BPE 3.1.9
    2. Extract BPE, delete the plugin folder, then extract this version to your "C:\pebuilder319" folder
    3. And always, have fun!

Here is the MD5 Hash: 531FDE47A7E713D340A6FCBE530C16D1
    Here is the MD5 Hash for the SECOND download: D47907C858D093386EB2EBD737208328
    MD5 for RC3/4...hopefully FINAL: BE192E21F9A2725A899A34C7D69927F5

http://projects.secu...ils.php?file=32

http://pcinfo4u.net/...UBCD4WinV26.exe

http://www.kingen.co...UBCD4WinV26.exe

I've contacted a few of the other mirrors, hopefully they will have links for me soon. I haven't announced this on the site yet. I don't want these two mirrors to get overloaded while I'm waiting on the other mirrors to update. I also have more work to do on the "how to build" page and the "list of tools" page.
    "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:46 AM

And how come I didn't know about this BEFORE it was publically released...?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
        • Group: Moderator
        • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:47 AM

The xml file for self image needs editing the menu ID should be like this:

<!-- Nu2Menu entry for Self Image -->
        <NU2MENU>
        <MENU ID="Backup & Cloning">
        <MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\selfimage\selfimage.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\selfimage\selfimage.exe">SelfImage</MITEM>
        </MENU>
        </NU2MENU>

RC2 takes care of this problem. To ensure you have RC2, just verify your MD5 Hash.

This post has been edited by SteelTrepid: 16 January 2006 - 12:39 PM

RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#4 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
          • Group: Moderator
          • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

HijackThis minor error in XML edit in Notepad

<!-- Nu2Menu entry for HijackThis -->
          <NU2MENU>
          <MENU ID="Malware Tools">
          <MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\HijackThis\hijackScan.exe))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\HijackThis\hijackScan.exe">HijackThis</MITEM>
          </MENU>
          </NU2MENU>

Replace content with the following.:

<!-- Nu2Menu entry for HijackThis -->
          <NU2MENU>
          <MENU ID="Malware Tools">
          <MITEM TYPE="ITEM" DISABLED="@Not(@FileExists(@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\HijackThis\hijackScan.CMD))" CMD="RUN" FUNC="@GetProgramDrive()\Programs\HijackThis\hijackScan.CMD">HijackThis</MITEM>
          </MENU>
          </NU2MENU>

I assume you want it pointing at the hijackScan.CMD file Steel and not hijackThis.exe?

RC2 takes care of this problem. To ensure you have RC2, just verify your MD5 Hash.

This post has been edited by SteelTrepid: 16 January 2006 - 12:39 PM

RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:50 AM

No, this is similar to the "sneak peek" release I did a few days ago. I expressed concerns with not enough beta testing with this version. I appreciate the few beta testers that did find time to test and I will not discount their help. I'm just saying that with more testers working at it at the same time would have netted more bugs.

I just sent it out to more mirrors and the mirrors I have FTP access to. I've been using one of the mirrors a lot lately and I don't want that person's usage for the month to be extremely high. A few minor errors in XML files have been noted so far. So I do need to update this release.
            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#6 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

Well, since I have so much bandwidth now, I'll create some FTP space just for you in which you can direct link to. You/we can use it for betas and testing and whatnot, but once the absolute final version comes out, then I'll have to delete that file as I can't have any direct links otherwise. Then, you wont have to worry about using other people's bandwidth. :)I'll try to get that setup sometime tonight if I have time.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
              "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
              "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
              "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
              "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
              "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#7 User is offline   LarrySmith Icon

• PipPipPip
                • Group: Donators

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

I built v2.6 with PE 3.1.3 with no problems, then with PE 3.1.9 and had 2 errors:

cannot find C:BUILD1\drivers\net\Nvidia\nforce4\Intel\bdco1ins.dll

cannot find C:BUILD1\drivers\net\Nvidia\nforce4\AMD\bdco1ins.dll

I checked the 2 driver folders and didn't see the 2 files mentioned...
                Dell Dimension 4100, P-3, 1GHz, 512MB Ram, WinXP Pro SP2

#8 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
                • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

Hi LarrySmith

I am fairly sure bdco1ins.dll and bdco1.dll are the same file which gets renamed so make a copy of bdco1.dll
                  and rename to bdco1ins.dll

This cropped up with pebuilder 3.17 and latter which checks drivers more thoroughly

regards
                  Mike Barnes

#9 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

View PostLarrySmith, on Jan 16 2006, 03:27 PM, said:

I built v2.6 with PE 3.1.3 with no problems, then with PE 3.1.9 and had 2 errors:

@LarrySmith

go into those directories that the error mentioned

C:BUILD1\drivers\net\Nvidia\nforce4\Intel\
                    and
                    C:BUILD1\drivers\net\Nvidia\nforce4\AMD\

in each one you will find a file named BDCO1.DLL make a copy and then rename the copy to BDCO1INS.DLL

that should resolve the issue until LittlBuggr or someone can corrrect the driver packs.
                    Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#10 User is offline   LarrySmith Icon

• PipPipPip
                      • Group: Donators

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:46 PM

View Postmbarnes, on Jan 16 2006, 04:43 PM, said:

Hi LarrySmith

I am fairly sure bdco1ins.dll and bdco1.dll are the same file which gets renamed so make a copy of bdco1.dll
                      and rename to bdco1ins.dll

This cropped up with pebuilder 3.17 and latter which checks drivers more thoroughly

regards
                      Mike Barnes

OK, thanks...
                      Dell Dimension 4100, P-3, 1GHz, 512MB Ram, WinXP Pro SP2

#11 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:56 PM

View Postrdsok, on Jan 16 2006, 02:45 PM, said:

View PostLarrySmith, on Jan 16 2006, 03:27 PM, said:

@LarrySmith

go into those directories that the error mentioned

C:BUILD1\drivers\net\Nvidia\nforce4\Intel\
                        and
                        C:BUILD1\drivers\net\Nvidia\nforce4\AMD\

in each one you will find a file named BDCO1.DLL make a copy and then rename the copy to BDCO1INS.DLL

that should resolve the issue until LittlBuggr or someone can corrrect the driver packs.

Yes, this should only be a problem with drivers 1.7, NOT 1.6. Just something I forgot. Though, when the next drivers release comes out, it's a whole different process... :)

#12 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jan 16 2006, 04:56 PM, said:

Yes, this should only be a problem with drivers 1.7, NOT 1.6. Just something I forgot. Though, when the next drivers release comes out, it's a whole different process... :)

@LittlBUGer
                          While there are about 7 or so ? errors with the 1.7 driver pack... I believe this is the second time I've seen this mentioned on the 1.6 driver pack.

but.... you are suppose to be studying or resting for your tests... so don't worry about it too much right now since you have enough other stuff to worry about.
                          Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#13 User is offline   Lewis007 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

Same errors with driver version 1.6 running UBCD 2.6 with PE 3.1.9

#14 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

I figured out the problem today. This error is only happening with pebuilder 3.1.9, mainly because he is doing some better file checks with the drivers. What happened before when I created the 1.6 release was that pebuilder initially gave errors with the file named fdco1ins.dll, saying it wasn't there. I had to copy and rename fdco1.dll to make it work. Now it seems the same thing is happening with bdoc1.dll and thus both the 1.6 and 1.7 drivers will give that error no matter what with pebuilder 3.1.9.

The easy way to fix it, as stated before, is just to copy bdoc1.dll and renamed the copied version to bdoc1ins.dll in both folders. This IS NOT guaranteeing that the drivers will recognize your hardware once you boot the CD, as nVidia is a pain in the ass to get working, but at least the CD builds. This WILL be solved though once we release the upcoming improved drivers which combine both my own pack and the BTS ones into a highly optimized and size reduced version that WE can host ourselves. I think that covers it all... :)

#15 User is offline   Lewis007 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

"upcoming improved drivers which combine both my own pack and the BTS ones into a highly optimized and size reduced version that WE can host ourselves."

NICE! What more could we ask for!

• (4 Pages)
                                • +
                                • Last »
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users