• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What the hell happened??? forum & site down...lost members & posts

#1 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:43 PM

Ok everybody. I was displeased with the service I have been receiving from my first web host over the past few months. They were very nice to set a few things up for me in the beginning, but there have been a few issues in the past few months. Now before I made the change I waited a while to make sure this is what I wanted to do, been thinking about it for over a month. The new host:
    1. Is 1/2 the price of my old webhost
    2. 3x the bandwidth allowed per month
    3. several testimonials from people "I" actually know

Sorry that was kinda off the topic. So when transfering over the files, the forum got messed up. Had to revert to a backup made yesterday or the day before....luckily it was ok. But we lost several good posts and are down to 191 members, we were at 195 members this morning....hopefully they come back soon and sign up again.

I noticed the problems with the forum this morning but had to get to work. During a call this afternoon to my wife she informed me the site was down!! Bandwidth over the limit??? WTF??? I have 400gig a month now, how the hell can I already after one day be past my limit? So now that I had two issues I figured I couldn't wait until I got home. I asked my wife to find the number for my new webhost so I could call them. They were very friendly and got everything straightened out. Although I am still a little upset over losing a day here in the forum!! But I understand they can not help that, it is very hard to transfer all the scripts that a forum contains....fortunately we didn't lose everything!!

So in conclusion, I want to apologize to everyone for any inconvience that this may have caused. I really hope the 4 lost members return and register again. To all the people that posted things that are now lost, please repost and I am very sorry. I know dlevens (something like that) had a very serious issue this moring. The post is now lost. I tried to reply to it but I kept getting sql errors and it wouldn't allow me to sign on.
    "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:37 PM

New issues!!! :(

Ok, the script for rendering the security image that is used to keep bots out of the forum is messed up. Another issue from the transfer. :angry:Not my webhost's fault, it's just tricky when transfering scripts from one host to another. I have disabled this security feature so our 4 "lost" members can rejoin and any other new people that have tried to join in the past day. I am pretty upset with these "stupid" issues and I apologize to everyone for the problems. You are just trying to check out a "kick ass" project and now you are being hassled with crap. I just hope that no more pop up and we are done with this and we can get back to the project hassle free! :):D
      "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users