IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> RC7 3.0 Public release candidate, ....hopefully the last!
SteelTrepid
post May 30 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ok ladies and gents. After a very long weekend of data recovery....both my systems are in a bit of a "pickle." The long wait is over. RC7 is available for download and will hopefully be the final RC for 3.0. Please test as much as possible so we can hopefully officially release 3.0 by the end of the week.

Some notes:
* Do not follow the OLD instructions on the site, if time permits I may upload the new "how to build" page for 3.0 later today.
* The download includes EVERYTHING. Just extract and then run PEBuilder.exe.
(everything meaning, the project files, our OEM UBCD4Win PE Builder, and the latest driver pack)
* I have uploaded a new version of the "how to build" page that should help newbies with some issues they are having. Please visit it here: http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto30.htm

I will continue to update this post as more information pops into my head, I'm trying to get this done and get stuff done here at work.

Here are the download sites:
http://www.littlbuger.info
http://pcinfo4u.net/ubcd4windls.asp

MD5 Hash:
FE36438A4B6E8D814D75A35F361AC0FC

--------------------
"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
hilander999
post May 30 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Project Development

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,733

@Ben

Neither link is working right now. Delete this post after fixing them.

+Quote Post
LittlBUGer
post May 30 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

Why do people always talk to Ben about MY server being down instead of talking to ME?!

Anyway, yes I know it's down, it's a POS right now, which is just another reason why I'm switching hosts on friday and upgrading my server. After that time, you probably wont see anymore downtime from me. Until then though, expect lots... sad.gif

--------------------
LittlBUGer.info Downloads and Hosting Services

Sat-House - Best Satellite Upload Project
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
"Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
"Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
"Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown

+Quote Post
pumpkin
post May 30 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #4

Don't forget your wives!!!!

Member No.: 2,598

Well, hopefully they come back up soon. I am going to try and contact a few other mirrors to see if we can get more help for the download. My laptop is currently down, I got a "loaner" HDD from work today and I've had a hell of a time getting the old one backed up and getting the image over to the new one. Once I get it back up I'll contact people. Hopefully downloads will continue shortly.

--------------------
Mrs. Crazy Bitch!!!!

+Quote Post
SteelTrepid
post May 30 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #5

Administrator

Ok, my laptop is back. The other message from "pumpkin" was in fact me. I'm back up and hoping to get some quick responses back from the other project mirrors. I trust the download will be available again by at least tomorrow morning. I thank everyone for their patience.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rdsok
post May 30 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #6

Super Duper Member

Member No.: 1,765

How to update the virus and spyware definitions.

This Release Candidate brings with it several new features to it. Among them is the ability to update the virus and spyware definitions for most of the included utilities. Note that this will not update the programs themselves in most cases just the definitions they use.

First, run UBCD4Win PEBuilder in the directory you extracted the project to ( hopefully you didn't have spaces in the directory name or path). Next click the Plugins button, select the utility to be updated and then click the Config button... either the update will proceed (if you gave permission in your firewall for it) or the program itself will open where you can perform the update for it.

The following list can be updated in this manner...

Antivirus

AntiVir 7 Personal Edition (AV7PE)
Avast! Cleaner
ClamWin
DrWeb CureIt
TrendMicro Sysclean

Malware

Ad-Aware SE ( through the program itself )
CWShredder
Spybot S&D ( through the program itself )
XBlock

All others currently rely on manual updating methods if they apply.

This post has been edited by SteelTrepid: May 30 2006, 07:02 PM

--------------------
Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

+Quote Post
thomasjk
post May 30 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,997

QUOTE(SteelTrepid @ May 30 2006, 01:03 PM) *
Ok ladies and gents. After a very long weekend of data recovery....both my systems are in a bit of a "pickle." The long wait is over. RC7 is available for download and will hopefully be the final RC for 3.0. Please test as much as possible so we can hopefully officially release 3.0 by the end of the week.

Some notes:
* Do not follow the instructions on the site, if time permits I may upload the new "how to build" page for 3.0 later today.
* The download includes EVERYTHING. Just extract and then run PEBuilder.exe.
(everything meaning, the project files, our OEM UBCD4Win PE Builder, and the latest driver pack)

I will continue to update this post as more information pops into my head, I'm trying to get this done and get stuff done here at work.

Here are the download sites:
http://www.littlbuger.info
http://pcinfo4u.net/ubcd4windls.asp

MD5 Hash:
FE36438A4B6E8D814D75A35F361AC0FC

Well, I guess I was fortunate enough to get the download before the server issues started. This release looks great. It boots quickly, much faster than V2.6 and maybe faster than RC5. I didn't time either one this is just a gut feel. I like the new opening boot screen which gives you the choice to boot the CD or start Windows. I was even able to add my Acronis True Image 9.0 plugin by Mustang which works quite well. I couldn't get this to work in V2.6. The only oddity I noticed was a Network Connection Icon in the system tray which was trying to acquire and IP address. I was already connected fine and it didn't hurt anything. It was identified as "Local Area Network Connection 2". Its almost like there was a phantom NIC. Let me know if I can help trouble shoot this issue.
I'll do some more testing but I think this is very close to being ready for final release.

As of right now the pcinfo4u.net link appears to be working.

This post has been edited by thomasjk: May 30 2006, 07:21 PM

--------------------
Tom K.

+Quote Post
SteelTrepid
post May 30 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #8

Administrator

QUOTE(thomasjk @ May 30 2006, 08:19 PM) *
The only oddity I noticed was a Network Connection Icon in the system tray which was trying to acquire and IP address.

I noticed this also when testing. I am honestly not sure why this is happening, but I trust it is something simple and also....at least it doesn't affect functionality. Since this is a minor issue, I honestly would still release this as an official release. Given the complexity of the "core", I doubt that a fix will be found quickly....although I could be wrong.

I'm glad you got the newest version downloaded and hope to hear from the few others that were able to. I am trying to get more mirrors, but email replies can be slow.

Please let us know if you (or anyone else) finds any other issues!! biggrin.gif rock.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hilander999
post May 30 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #9

Project Development

QUOTE(SteelTrepid @ May 30 2006, 08:53 PM) *

The only oddity I noticed was a Network Connection Icon in the system tray which was trying to acquire and IP address.

I noticed this also when testing. I am honestly not sure why this is happening, but I trust it is something simple and also....at least it doesn't affect functionality. Since this is a minor issue, I honestly would still release this as an official release. Given the complexity of the "core", I doubt that a fix will be found quickly....although I could be wrong.

I'm glad you got the newest version downloaded and hope to hear from the few others that were able to. I am trying to get more mirrors, but email replies can be slow.

Please let us know if you (or anyone else) finds any other issues!! biggrin.gif rock.gif

I think this (minor) issue is only visable when using the wireless connection portion.

I have never seen this come up in my tests so fixing this problem (if it is a problem at all??) will not be easy without being able to re-create the error where I can test to see where it's comming from.

I like the new opening boot screen which gives you the choice to boot the CD or start Windows.
This is the new "Multiboot" setup I wrote for 3.x.

There are many ways to enhance, alter & add things to the new boot menu that uses BCDW.

Some options we should announce are the "Boot time Password" & "Press any key to boot from CD" have been added also for more options look at the multiboot plugins from within the builder to see whats all there.

I also added an easy to setup ubcd(dos) plugin that will automatically add the dos ubcd to the BCDW menu.

BTW: Acronis will also run directly from BCDW in the form of an ISO image file, so this opens enev more doors. You can also easily add just about any bootable floppy disk image you might have to the menu easily. Although it's not completed yet, I do know that PcUser is working on several "Config Tools" for the new build & one of them is for setting up the BCDW menu & adding any additions you see fit, so stay tuned for more news as this project "Matures" a little more you will see many great things come in future versions. That of course is if we can figure out how to do them. smile.gif

+Quote Post
SteelTrepid
post May 30 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #10

Administrator

QUOTE(hilander999 @ May 30 2006, 09:36 PM) *
This is the new "Multiboot" setup I wrote for 3.x.

There are many ways to enhance, alter & add things to the new boot menu that uses BCDW.

Some options we should announce are the "Boot time Password" & "Press any key to boot from CD" have been added also for more options look at the multiboot plugins from within the builder to see whats all there.

I also added an easy to setup ubcd(dos) plugin that will automatically add the dos ubcd to the BCDW menu.

I apologize also for the lack of time in mentioning this excellent new feature. Honestly, there are so many great things that I need to mention.....that it overwhelms my simple brain. I think of something to mention, but then think of the many other things and my brain FREAKS out!! That simply, is the only negative effect of having a kick ass development team!!

Keep 'em coming boys....I need as many reminders for the site as possible!! I don't want to miss anything!

--------------------

+Quote Post
hilander999
post May 30 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #11

Project Development

@Ben

Yeh, just use this thread (& the last one) for what to add to the site for the release.

Honestly, My core does SO MANY THINGS that even I forget some of the things it handles. smile.gif
If you look around the Development area you can "Cut & Paste" alot of what you need for the site changes.

BTW: I think this one needs to be anounced on the "News" page of the site.

+Quote Post
aba3k
post May 30 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,126

Thanks for the new release, i'm downloading right now smile.gif

+Quote Post
hilander999
post May 30 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #13

Project Development

VERY IMPORTANT STEP:

You MUST check the box to "Create ISO" because this is when "Autobuild" gets activated

& does all of the "End-Build" stuff that makes the build work the way it was intended.

+Quote Post
thomasjk
post May 30 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,997

QUOTE(hilander999 @ May 30 2006, 09:36 PM) *
QUOTE(SteelTrepid @ May 30 2006, 08:53 PM) *

I think this (minor) issue is only visable when using the wireless connection portion.

I have never seen this come up in my tests so fixing this problem (if it is a problem at all??) will not be easy without being able to re-create the error where I can test to see where it's comming from.

I was not using a wireless connection when I noticed this problem. I agree it is a very minor annoyance and I'll be glad to help trouble shoot this.

--------------------
Tom K.

+Quote Post
rdsok
post May 30 2006, 10:36 PM
Post #15

Super Duper Member

Member No.: 1,765

@thomasjk

Was there any wireless network devices on the system whether or not it was being used?

What Nic's are in the system whether they are wireless or not?

--------------------
Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th October 2007 - 08:04 PM