• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

System Restore

#1 User is offline   iceeyes Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:48 AM

Hi guys,
    my windows can't start, it crash anyway (normal start, safe mode, recovery console, nothing to do!).

I've try this projects Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows and i think is GRAT but i want und-d if i can use it to solve my problem.

I want try to lunch the System Restore of Windows but i don't know how do it if the system don't boot or, if it fail, i want try to restore windows file, exist some way to check windows files corrupted and then restore they?

Thanks in advance,
    Daniele.

This post has been edited by iceeyes: 20 June 2006 - 09:52 AM

#2 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development
      • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:56 AM

View Posticeeyes, on Jun 20 2006, 04:48 PM, said:

I want try to lunch the System Restore of Windows but i don't know how do it if the system don't boot

You can try the regreswiz under registry tools.
      it will only copy the registry from a Restore point, but most time this works for me. ;)

Joshua
      my plugin homepage:
      <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#3 User is offline   iceeyes Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:34 AM

View PostJoshua, on Jun 20 2006, 04:56 PM, said:

View Posticeeyes, on Jun 20 2006, 04:48 PM, said:

I want try to lunch the System Restore of Windows but i don't know how do it if the system don't boot

You can try the regreswiz under registry tools.
        it will only copy the registry from a Restore point, but most time this works for me. ;)

Joshua

I think that a simple registry restore can't help me (The System Restore tool of windows do many other things) anyway i'll try it.

;-P

#4 User is offline   lawson23 Icon

• Ultra Member
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:04 AM

http://www.microsoft...temrestore.mspx

#5 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

I've never had any luck with System Restore myself, which is why I also do full system backups and copy them to an external drive in case of disasters. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
            "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
            "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
            "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
            "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
            "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#6 User is online   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:13 PM

I think that almost every pc support forum on the internet has atleast one person that chimes in and offers absolutely no assistance but states that they do full system backups so they'll never have to be in your shoes but I don't think that would ever happen here.

XP makes VERY reliable registry restore points and as Joshua stated, RegResWiz can work wonders sometimes. It's not a full system restore and if by chance it doesn't take care of your problems, it can usually get you to a point where you can atleast do a repair install and get back up and running.

Exactly what error are you getting?

Tom
              If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#7 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:21 PM

View Postpcuser, on Jun 20 2006, 10:13 PM, said:

I think that almost every pc support forum on the internet has atleast one person that chimes in and offers absolutely no assistance but states that they do full system backups so they'll never have to be in your shoes but I don't think that would ever happen here.

Tom

:P:boxing:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#8 User is offline   iceeyes Icon

• Pip

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:05 AM

View Postpcuser, on Jun 21 2006, 06:13 AM, said:

XP makes VERY reliable registry restore points and as Joshua stated, RegResWiz can work wonders sometimes. It's not a full system restore and if by chance it doesn't take care of your problems, it can usually get you to a point where you can atleast do a repair install and get back up and running.

Exactly what error are you getting?

Tom

The error is: it start to boot windows and after some seconds reboot, no message.

Anyway, yesterday i've try to use it on my pc with a SATA HDD and a Promise Supertrak 378 controller and UDBC works fine but UDBC4Win can't "see" the HardDrive!!

Anyway in the and my crazy hand press on the FDISK option....will see ;-P

This post has been edited by iceeyes: 21 June 2006 - 01:10 AM

#9 User is offline   lawson23 Icon

• Ultra Member
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

No format install:
                    http://www.personalt...no=1&queryText=

Good luck

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic