@*Niks*
    BTW, your

it never showed if it was valid or not it just siad
    Posted Image

The "check source" function should have shown something like:

..if you had pointed "the builder" to C:
    NOT C:\I386\
    :blink:

The first picture was from AutoStreamer I believe... :)

sorry but it wasn't, because i am using a a different theme for xp

#17 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

@*Niks*

The point wasn't that the theme should look like the one he posted..... what he was saying was that you probably should have pointed that application at C:\ and not at C:\I386\ then it is possible ( not certain ) that it may have slipstreamed it for you.

About downloading XP ( I'm assuming an ISO image that you need to burn to CD ) .... if you can do that and its directly from Microsoft... should be fine but do not trust other sources since the code will likely be tampered with. If the source isn't MS, I would suggest using the manual method to slipstream with using mbarnes suggestion.

What mbarnes suggested would also be the way I would suggest if you were to try slipstreaming what you already have... create a directory ( such as the one suggested C:\XPCD ) then copy the contents of your current I386 into it. In this scenerio you would normally just point the Autostreamer to C:\XPCD then.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#18 User is offline   *Niks* Icon

• Pip
        • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:17 AM

View Postrdsok, on Jun 23 2006, 04:38 PM, said:

@*Niks*

The point wasn't that the theme should look like the one he posted..... what he was saying was that you probably should have pointed that application at C:\ and not at C:\I386\ then it is possible ( not certain ) that it may have slipstreamed it for you.

About downloading XP ( I'm assuming an ISO image that you need to burn to CD ) .... if you can do that and its directly from Microsoft... should be fine but do not trust other sources since the code will likely be tampered with. If the source isn't MS, I would suggest using the manual method to slipstream with using mbarnes suggestion.

What mbarnes suggested would also be the way I would suggest if you were to try slipstreaming what you already have... create a directory ( such as the one suggested C:\XPCD ) then copy the contents of your current I386 into it. In this scenerio you would normally just point the Autostreamer to C:\XPCD then.

the problem is that the I386 folder not compatible with slipstream, or direct building. But thankyou very much guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

you have made my day!!!!! :rock:

I got WIN Pro Corp SP2, worked great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with all the thanks i can give,

*Niks*

P.S.
        and what about adding my own apps to UBCD4WIN?

• (2 Pages)
        • +
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users