• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ADDING DRIVERS TO BUILD 3.0 Need Help

#1 User is offline   *Niks* Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:48 AM

how do i add my systems drivers to the build (before building it into a ISO or add them to the finished ISO)
    and is there any software to extract drivers from my system??

thanks

sincerly,

*Niks*

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:04 AM

If your system drivers aren't already included in the drivers within the build, then use THIS TOOL to get all of the drivers off of your system that you need. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   *Niks* Icon

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

:rock:thank you it worked

#4 User is offline   keithfrench Icon

• PipPip

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:24 PM

I tried the Hardware Plugin Builder as I also have the nforce 2 NIC on my ASUS A7N8X motherboard. It created the plugin no problem and I copied the resulting MyDrivers folder to the Plugin folder, having first extracting UBCD4WIN V3.0 to my hard disk.

It was listed on the plugins part of the new PE style builder and it was enabled.

However, the CD still does not recognise the NIC card at all. Do I have to disable any other plugins to get this to work, or am I doing something wrong?

Any ideas?

#5 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:32 PM

View Postkeithfrench, on Jun 26 2006, 03:23 PM, said:

I tried the Hardware Plugin Builder as I also have the nforce 2 NIC on my ASUS A7N8X motherboard. It created the plugin no problem and I copied the resulting MyDrivers folder to the Plugin folder, having first extracting UBCD4WIN V3.0 to my hard disk.

It was listed on the plugins part of the new PE style builder and it was enabled.

However, the CD still does not recognise the NIC card at all. Do I have to disable any other plugins to get this to work, or am I doing something wrong?

Any ideas?

Try disabling (or deleting) the drivers that initially come with the UBCD4Win 3.0. They are in the drivers folder. They are probably conflicting with your plugin (I'm guessing). Otherwise, nVidia is just a pain in the ass when it comes to drivers and whatnot. Let us know how it goes. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
            "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
            "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
            "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
            "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
            "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#6 User is offline   keithfrench Icon

• PipPip

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

I tried deleting the nforce folders under drivers\nics, but the plugin still failed to recognise my nForce2 NIC. I left the plugin for that still under the Plugins\MyDrivers folder. I did wonder if I should have put the folder for the NIC under the drivers\net folder though? Is that worth a try?

#7 User is offline   keithfrench Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

I tried the nforce 2 nic plugin under the drivers/net folder, but it made no difference. I guess I'll have to wait for your new build that includes the BTS drivers. Thanks anyway.

#8 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Moderator & Development
                  • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

View Postkeithfrench, on Jul 7 2006, 11:22 PM, said:

I guess I'll have to wait for your new build that includes the BTS drivers. Thanks anyway.

i think it is time to release my new nforce-driver plugin. ;)
                  i have testet it with a lot of nforce II and nforce IV Boards.
                  be sure that you remove all other nforce drivers before you test my plugin. :excl:
                  here is the download link:

http://www.drowaelde...l/NForceAll.Cab
                  please report your test results!
                  it would be fine, if any one with a nforce III chip can test the plugin, because i have no nforce III board.

Joshua
                  my plugin homepage:
                  <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#9 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:24 AM

I'll try to test when I can, as I DO have an nForce3 board. :)

As an update, I did download the plugin (haven't tested yet) and I'm concerned about the driver file dates. Most of them are from early 2005... are those the latest, or just the ones that you know work? Thanks. :)

#10 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:04 AM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jul 8 2006, 08:24 AM, said:

I'm concerned about the driver file dates. Most of them are from early 2005... are those the latest, or just the ones that you know work? Thanks. :)

that are not the lastet drivers. i have testet a lot of driver combination's, until i found a working one. ;)

Joshua
                      my plugin homepage:
                      <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#11 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:36 AM

i just received an email from a betatester that my plugin work's fine with his
                        MSI K8N Platinum (MS-7025) - nForce3 Board. ;)

Joshua
                        my plugin homepage:

#12 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:11 PM

View PostJoshua, on Jul 8 2006, 04:36 AM, said:

i just received an email from a betatester that my plugin work's fine with his
                          MSI K8N Platinum (MS-7025) - nForce3 Board. ;)

Joshua

Was that the K8N Neo2 Platinum? As that's what I have as well. :)

#13 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jul 8 2006, 09:10 PM, said:

Was that the K8N Neo2 Platinum? As that's what I have as well. :)

i don't now, try it with your board, i think it will work. ;)
                            today i made a test with a MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR (MS-6570G) / nforce2 Ultra
                            and a ASUS A8N5X, nForce4.
                            both boards works fine. :D
                            i hope we have solved the nvidia problems now! :banana:

Joshua
                            my plugin homepage:

#14 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:59 PM

Well, the MS-7025 is exactly the same as mine, so I'm assuming yes. So hopefully we solved the problems, at least until the BTS starts to get going... :)

#15 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jul 8 2006, 09:59 PM, said:

at least until the BTS starts to get going... :)

i am not sure, if BTS will work with new nvidia drivers ???
                                i have testet all old BTS drivers, but never got nforce2 and nforce4 both working. :(

Joshua
                                my plugin homepage:

• (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users