• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ADDING DRIVERS TO BUILD 3.0 Need Help

#16 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

Well, I know that the old BTS drivers, at the time, were the only ones that were able to detect and make work my RAID configuration on my nForce3, so that made me happy, though it still couldn't find my nVidia NIC. Does yours work with the NICs as well? :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#17 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development
      • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:28 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jul 8 2006, 10:12 PM, said:

Does yours work with the NICs as well? :)

they are for the nics. ;)

Joshua
      my plugin homepage:
      <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#18 User is offline   keithfrench Icon

• PipPip

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:45 AM

I have just tried Joshua's Nforceall plugin on my ASUS A7N8X motherboard (MCP nForce 2 NIC), but it still does not work. I extracted the NForceAll folder under drivers\net and removed all other NVidia drivers there. When trying to start network support to allocate a static address, it reports "Unable to install network adapters".

I looked at the inf file for the plugin, but it has nothing in it, is this correct?

My card did work OK with the BTS drivers in V2.6.

Any ideas?

#19 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:19 AM

View Postkeithfrench, on Jul 12 2006, 11:45 AM, said:

I extracted the NForceAll folder under drivers\net and removed all other NVidia drivers there.

don't extracted under drivers, it is a plugin!! :bash:

I looked at the inf file for the plugin, but it has nothing in it, is this correct?
          that is not correct, there must be something wrong with your download???

this is the correct NForceall.inf

; PE Builder v3 plug-in INF file for Nvidia Nforce Integrated Ethernet Driver I/II/III/IV.
          ; Created by Joshua
          ; V 1.0 - 06.07.2006
          ; http://www.drowaelde...npe/PEIndex.htm

[Version]
          Signature= "$Windows NT$"

[PEBuilder]
          Name="NIC: Nvidia Nforce Integrated Ethernet Driver I/II/III/IV"
          Enable=1
          ;Help="nic_nforce.htm"

[Software.Addreg]
          ; create NetworkCards registry entry since the driver doesn't. This key
          ; is necessary for PE Netconfig to run.
          0x0, "Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards"

[SourceDisksFiles]
          ; just copy the following files from you driver disk to the files folder

; The driver .sys files must goto the system32\drivers folder
          files\nvenet.sys=4,,1
          files\nvnetbus.sys=4,,1
          files\nvnrm.sys=4,,1
          files\nvsnpu.sys=4,,1
          files\nvtcp.sys=4,,1
          files\nvefdxp.sys=4,nvenetfd.sys,1

; The driver .inf files must goto the inf folder
          files\nvenet.inf=20,,1
          files\nvenetfd.inf=20,,1
          files\nvnetbus.inf=20,,1

; The driver .dll and .exe files must goto the system32 folder
          files\nvcoe.dll=2,,1
          files\nvuenet.exe=2,,1
          files\nvenet.nvu=2,,1

files\nvunrm.exe=2,,1
          files\bdco1.dll=2,,1
          files\bdco1.dll=2,bdco1ins.dll,1
          files\fdco1.dll=2,,1
          files\fdco1.dll=2,fdco1ins.dll,1
          files\nvconrm.dll=2,,1

[SetValue]
          "txtsetup.sif","BusExtenders.Load","nvnetbus", "nvnetbus.sys"
          "txtsetup.sif","BusExtenders","nvnetbus", """NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator"",files.nvnetbus,nvnetbus"
          "txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvnetbus.sys", "1,,,,,,,4,1"
          "txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvnrm.sys", "1,,,,,,,4,1"
          "txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvsnpu.sys", "1,,,,,,,4,1"
          "txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","bdco1ins.dll", "1,,,,,,,2,1"
          "txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","bdco1.dll", "1,,,,,,,2,1"
          "txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvconrm.dll", "1,,,,,,,2,1"
          "txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvnetbus.inf", "1,,,,,,,20,1"
          "txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0086", """nvnetbus"""
          "txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008C", """nvnetbus"""
          "txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00DF", """nvnetbus"""
          "txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0038", """nvnetbus"""
          "txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057", """nvnetbus"""
          "txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0269", """nvnetbus"""

Joshua
          my plugin homepage:
          <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#20 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:03 AM

As Joshua said, it's a plugin and has nothing to do with the standard BartPE driver method as you tried to do. If you put the plugin into your plugins folder (meaning extract the downloaded file to a folder there), then once you run UBCD4WinBuilder, you can go to the plugins area and enable the driver plugin.

As for the BTS, we've heard back from him recently and things should just be getting started so hopefully within a few weeks, we may have a beta out to test BTS's new method to include his drivers with any BartPE build. :)Stay tuned...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
            "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
            "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
            "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
            "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
            "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#21 User is offline   keithfrench Icon

• PipPip

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for your help guys. Now that I understand that it is a plugin & not a driver it does in deed work fine on the A7N8X.

#22 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

View Postkeithfrench, on Jul 12 2006, 10:42 PM, said:

Thanks for your help guys. Now that I understand that it is a plugin & not a driver it does in deed work fine on the A7N8X.

:D:banana:
                my plugin homepage:

#23 User is offline   TQuestar Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:51 AM

I was previously successful in making a UBCD4w disk with BPE 3.19, UBCD4W 2.55, and the BTS_DriverPacks_BASE_V5105.exe plus four DriverPack*.7z files. Doing all this, I got a working UBCD4W that recognized the SATA drives on my Dell 8400.

Now, running the new UBCD4Win 3.0, the resulting disk does not see my SATA drives. Why this negative progress? Is there a work-around?

I see that users with this Dell Dimension 8400 having this trouble with the earlier UBCD4W builds found that deleting drivers\SCSIAdapter\Dell\cercsata_15_2s solved this problem, but surely there is a better solution for the new UBCD4Win 3.0 version?

#24 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:11 AM

View PostTQuestar, on Jul 17 2006, 08:50 AM, said:

I was previously successful in making a UBCD4w disk with BPE 3.19, UBCD4W 2.55, and the BTS_DriverPacks_BASE_V5105.exe plus four DriverPack*.7z files. Doing all this, I got a working UBCD4W that recognized the SATA drives on my Dell 8400.

Now, running the new UBCD4Win 3.0, the resulting disk does not see my SATA drives. Why this negative progress? Is there a work-around?

I see that users with this Dell Dimension 8400 having this trouble with the earlier UBCD4W builds found that deleting drivers\SCSIAdapter\Dell\cercsata_15_2s solved this problem, but surely there is a better solution for the new UBCD4Win 3.0 version?

Not really, at least not until we have a beta of the new upcoming BTS drivers method coming out. :)

#25 User is offline   TQuestar Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:56 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jul 17 2006, 08:11 AM, said:

Not really, at least not until we have a beta of the new upcoming BTS drivers method coming out. :)

BTW, removing the cercsata_15_2s directory did not work for me--I tried it.

#26 User is offline   TQuestar Icon

• Pip

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:38 PM

Oops, I was wrong: removing the directory did work, but only when I actually removed it. The first time I only hid it and all its files, but they were apparently found by UBCD4WinBuilder.exe when it produced the UBCD4Win disk.

#27 User is offline   Deacon Icon

• PipPip

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:45 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jul 17 2006, 10:11 AM, said:

any whispers or hints of basrat betas? Did get Joshua's nforce nvidia nic drivers working at least somewhat, but those are 2-4. When I tried to leave the new 5 drivers in place, that broke Joshua's so we can get something but there's now nforce5 and nforce6 so just hoping that we'll get a more comprehensive and flexible solution soon.

Thanks very much.

#28 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

No betas yet, sorry. :(

#29 User is offline   mattffrost Icon

• Pip

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:41 PM

I have used the technique in the past to get the nfore4 netork card to work. Now that the nforce5 is out the nvdia network card does not work with the same technique of:

"txtsetup.sif","BusExtenders","nvnetbus", """NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator"",files.nvnetbus,nvnetbus"

I have look in the new nforce5 nvnetbus.inf file and there is an entry of:

[Standard]
                              %nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373

I thought adding

"txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373", """nvnetbus"""

would work but I am still not able to see the network card. Anyone got the nforce5 network card to work yet?

#30 User is offline   jeradr Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:13 PM

View Postmattffrost, on Dec 5 2006, 05:41 PM, said:

I have used the technique in the past to get the nfore4 netork card to work. Now that the nforce5 is out the nvdia network card does not work with the same technique of:

I have look in the new nforce5 nvnetbus.inf file and there is an entry of:

[Standard]
                                %nvnetbus.DeviceDesc%=nvnetBus_Device, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373

I thought adding

"txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373", """nvnetbus"""

would work but I am still not able to see the network card. Anyone got the nforce5 network card to work yet?

Should it automatically detect your network card once you have the driver plugin enabled or do I need to do something once the virtual environment is loaded?

• (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users