• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Microsoft Virtual PC

#1 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: BETA Tester
    • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Post icon  Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

http://www.microsoft...pc/default.mspx

Microsoft Virtual PC 2004

Discover the power of software virtualization and how it can help your business. Save time and money as Virtual PC allows you to maintain the compatibility of legacy and custom applications during migration to new operating systems and increases the efficiency of support, development, and training staffs.
    Read the product overview
    Get free download

Highlights
    Virtual PC Is Now Free!

Whether Microsoft virtualization technology is an important component of your existing infrastructure or you're just a Virtual PC enthusiast, you can now download Virtual PC 2004 Service Pack 1 absolutely free. Microsoft is also offering the free download of Virtual PC 2007, with support for Windows Vista in 2007.
    Get the Most out of Virtualization with Virtual PC and Windows Vista Enterprise.

It is free finally!! Get it while its hot!! I have looked at it and it is indeed free and full version. This is good news as I have never been able to get QEMU to work for me.

This post has been edited by baronvonfoxbat7734: 12 July 2006 - 03:42 PM

\m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
    BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
    It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#2 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:42 PM

:clapping:
      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#3 User is offline   Jotnar Icon

• Ultimate Member
      • PipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

About time. I had expected this for several months now. I wonder if VMWare will make their workstation product free as well.

#4 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

Well, it's good news for a free OK alternative to VMWare. :D

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#5 User is offline   Flynn Icon

• PipPipPip
            • Interests:Reading your e-mail.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:02 PM

Sweet!

... umm. .. I'm having a special moment. I got free 2004, but I can't find the VPC2k7 beta... anyone got a link?

This post has been edited by Flynn: 12 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

"My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared."
            ------------------------------------------------------------

As a computer, if find your faith in technology amusing.

#6 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:58 PM

I got free 2004, but I can't find the VPC2k7 beta... anyone got a link?

I haven't seen it on connect.microsoft.com yet, did I miss it?
              If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#7 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
              • PipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:59 PM

I don't think it is out yet... i thought from reading the above site that it was to come out soon. like around the time Vista comes out so it will be around next decade or so if it continues at this rate... :blink::wall::rock::rock:(sorry... listening to Dragonforce. Bought there CD and and rockin!!) :rock::rock:
                \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
                BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
                It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
                You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#8 User is offline   lawson23 Icon

• Ultra Member
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

2004 direct download link

Not that I don't think this is great but VMserver has been free for 8 months or so now.

Microsoft is also offering the free download of Virtual PC 2007, with support for Windows Vista in 2007.

So what they are saying is they will offer a free download of V PC 2007 in 2007 and that it will support vista. Nothing said about a beta version.

This post has been edited by lawson23: 12 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

#9 User is offline   dirkgently42 Icon

• Ultra Member
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:03 PM

:blink:

This post has been edited by dirkgently42: 12 July 2006 - 11:04 PM

"Ignorance is king. Many would not profit by his abdication. Many enrich themselves by means of his dark monarchy. They are his Court, and in his name they defraud and govern, enrich themselves and perpetuate their power." ; A Canticle for Leibowitz; Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Woo-hoo! M-O-O-N, that spells "Nebraska"! The Stand

Randy: "Hey Earl, someone just told me that Wednesday was hump day, but I don't see any ladies so you watch my back and I'll watch yours." My Name is Earl

GEORGE: Yeah! Look at me! I was free and clear! I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!
                    JERRY: Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of bachelor paradise. Seinfeld

Klaatu barada nikto
                    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
                    Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

#10 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

View Postdirkgently42, on Jul 12 2006, 10:02 PM, said:

:blink:

What's that for?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#11 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Group: Moderator
                        • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:59 AM

I thought it was obvious??? :P:blink:
                        RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#12 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:40 AM

View Poststidyup, on Jul 13 2006, 12:59 AM, said:

I thought it was obvious??? :P:blink:

Well, he didn't quote anything and I didn't see anything strange with any previous posts, so I have no idea why he put that smiley there. :-\

#13 User is offline   JamesIEvans Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:13 AM

View Postbaronvonfoxbat7734, on Jul 12 2006, 04:30 PM, said:

It is free finally!! Get it while its hot!! I have looked at it and it is indeed free and full version. This is good news as I have never been able to get QEMU to work for me.

this may be a dumb question, but can this be used instead of qemu to load iso files?

#14 User is offline   Fargo Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:22 AM

View Postpcuser, on Jul 13 2006, 03:58 AM, said:

I got free 2004, but I can't find the VPC2k7 beta... anyone got a link?

I haven't seen it on connect.microsoft.com yet, did I miss it?

:rolleyes:

Microsoft is also offering the free download of Virtual PC 2007, with support for Windows Vista in 2007.

#15 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:23 AM

View PostJamesIEvans, on Jul 13 2006, 10:13 AM, said:

View Postbaronvonfoxbat7734, on Jul 12 2006, 04:30 PM, said:

this may be a dumb question, but can this be used instead of qemu to load iso files?

Yes, Exactly. :)

• (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users