Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Isreali Raids Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:15 AM

BBC News

Israel has extended its air campaign to northernmost Lebanon, killing at least 14 people, including eight soldiers, in the port of Abdeh near Tripoli.

The raids come after a Hezbollah rocket attack killed eight Israelis in Haifa.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert warned that the Haifa attack would have "far-reaching consequences".

More than 130 Lebanese have died since clashes with Israel began last week. At least 23 people were killed in air raids in southern Lebanon on Sunday.

Early on Monday, Israeli air strikes targeted Tripoli, Lebanon's second-largest city located in the north of the country, and Baalbek in the east.

The target in Abdeh was about 6km (four miles) south of the border with Syria.

Ten Lebanese soldiers were reported injured in the strike that killed eight of their colleagues.

All of this for just 2 captured soldiers. It's completely out of control and completely disproportional to want's happened. This is effecting everyone as we'll all see higher prices at the petrol pumps as the oil price goes up.

The fear is that the whole region could get plunged into war.
    RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#2 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News
      • Location:Yorkshire, UK, Earth, Milky Way, the known Universe and probably the unknown too....

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:06 AM

BBC

Israel is continuing its Lebanon military offensive, with war planes bombing more than 40 targets, mainly in southern parts of Beirut, on Friday.

Troops are also fighting Hezbollah inside southern Lebanon, and Israel has told people to leave the area, warning of a possible large-scale incursion.

The BBC's Jim Muir in Tyre says the shelling of outlying areas is constant.

Meanwhile, Hezbollah's leader Hassan Nasrallah has appeared on TV saying Israel has not dented its capabilities.

RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

#3 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
      • PipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: BETA Tester
        • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:06 AM

I am not from the area nor do I have any ties to the area.

With that said...

One of my friends was vacationing in Haifa as a graduation gift and he had to relocate to Jerusalem to escape the constant and never ceasing attacks from the Hezbollah. Yes this most recently started with Hezbollah kidnapping 2 soldiers who were in Israel and not attacking or invading israel. They were on gaurd and attacked by Hezbollah killing several soldiers and capturing those 2. This is the last straw for constant harrasment for years now that Hezbollah has done to Israel. This is not Israel bullying Lebanon or Hezbollah, it is simply the kid at the jungle gym who has been pushed around to much and has punched back even though the bully did not punch first.

I am with those people who say let them fight it out. Let them work it out. I wish peace on them but they need to bleed each other in order to restore the respect of the 2 parties to each other. Lebanon would step in but they would get bitched slapped by Hezbollah as they rule there area and don't listen to the Lebanese gonvernment.

I am NOT intending directly or indirectly to create a conflict or ruffle feathers. I am just tired of knowing what is happening and then istening to the media who say that it is Israel that is the bully and thatthey should stop.

\m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
        BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
        It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#4 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:48 PM

Have you ever read the fateful triangle by Noam Chomsky?

It's quite an old book now but it was a interesting perspective on what was happening.

It does remind me of what was happening in Northern Ireland, although the Irish problem was a mere pub brawl compared to the problems in the middle east.

Hatred is a very powerful weapon, and both sides do hate each other. Until both sides stop killing each other a solution to the problems won't be found.
          RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

#5 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip
            • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

View Poststidyup, on Jul 21 2006, 06:48 PM, said:

Have you ever read the fateful triangle by Noam Chomsky?

It's quite an old book now but it was a interesting perspective on what was happening.

It does remind me of what was happening in Northern Ireland, although the Irish problem was a mere pub brawl compared to the problems in the middle east.

Hatred is a very powerful weapon, and both sides do hate each other. Until both sides stop killing each other a solution to the problems won't be found.

I believe Chomsky is a very far-left guy. I would only read his work for entertainment, but that is just me.

I would prefer a peaceful solution, but I think it will be the same solution that stopped Hitler. I recall that Neville Chamberlain tried a different method. http://en.wikipedia....lle_Chamberlain

A certain religious group will not give up until they have everyone in the world under their belief structure.

Almost two years ago on a Saturday morning, I was driving from Bristol to Derby while listening to an AM talk station. The "guest" on that program made it clear that he/they intend to take over and convert the UK. I enjoy visiting the UK, and I hope that the population wakes up. I understand that a popular tee-shirt in Europe states "2032 - The year we take over."

#6 User is offline   stidyup Icon

• Forum News

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:02 AM

Can't say I've ever seen that t-shirt.

As for them taking over, I highly doubt it and I assume your talking about the muslins here and not the jews? Certain conspiracy theorist already say that the world is run by the zionists!!!! Even the muslin world isn't united just look at the mess that's the Arab league. To take over the world you need unity and that doesn't exist.

To say Hezbollah are the only ones like the Nazi's is a little unfair, as Isreal behaves in the same. Wasn't it one of there recent PM's who when a general said the Palestiniens where like cockroaches and needed to be trod on. Hardly a statement that's going to encourage the other side to seek compromise and peace.

Algeria was ripped apart by religious extremists but the people just got fed up with them especially with one always claiming they where the true believers and the others where infidels.

Isreal only exists because of terrorism, wasn't the first PM a terrorist?

Isreal is in breach of world law about settling in occupied land.

The whole thing is a complete mess and it's impossible to say they started it as both sides are as bad as each other, and it's always civilians caught in the middle who really only just want to get on with there lives end up being the ones killed.
              RescueME Virus Removal

Mirror

#7 User is offline   dirkgently42 Icon

• Ultra Member
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:34 AM

"Ignorance is king. Many would not profit by his abdication. Many enrich themselves by means of his dark monarchy. They are his Court, and in his name they defraud and govern, enrich themselves and perpetuate their power." ; A Canticle for Leibowitz; Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Woo-hoo! M-O-O-N, that spells "Nebraska"! The Stand

Randy: "Hey Earl, someone just told me that Wednesday was hump day, but I don't see any ladies so you watch my back and I'll watch yours." My Name is Earl

GEORGE: Yeah! Look at me! I was free and clear! I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!
                JERRY: Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of bachelor paradise. Seinfeld

Klaatu barada nikto
                "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
                Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users