• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows PE 2.0 is out!

#16 User is offline   super-t Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

Makes me wonder though, how many users of the project really want to see us move on and up to Vista?? How many want a UBCD4Vista??

SteelT...
    I for one would be interested in seeing a Vista based BartPE and UBCD!
    I have been looking at PE 2.0 in prep for my company's eventual move to Vista. When compared to UBCD4win and BartPE, PE 2.0 bytes!!
    Unfortunately, I have been unable to get the same results with my BartPE cd and the Vista image format.
    M$ has updated diskpart (v6.0) in PE 2.0, but its doesn't seem to be compatible with BartPE built with XP. This new version of diskpart incl. a FORMAT switch to use within the tool. Diskpart (6.0) gives an error that it's not a valid windows 32 bit app when I try to launch it in BartPE.
    When attempting to load a "wim" image built from the BDD2007 environment, I have been unable to get a successful boot after loading with imageX and diskpart from a BartPE disk.
    What this boils down to is... M$ is going to force our hands. :surrender:
    Thanks to you guys @ UBCD and Bart, we have a fantastic tool that is already honed to perfection... :clapping:
    But now "their" new image format tools require something that can't(?) be included with UBCD. So, we have to start over... it bytes. :angry:

All in all, IMHO, UBCD4win, even based on the XP BartPE version, is better Vista... :worthy:
    UBCD has more incl. apps, its easier to use and it has WAY better games included!!! (Seriously, Vista has "Chess Titans" -- just poke me in the eye with a sharp stick and get it over with! )

If anyone here has had luck using the XP version of diskpart with imageX to load a WIM based image, pls let me know... I could be doing something wrong...

Cheers,
    T.

#17 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

Unfortunately we can't have a Vista based UBCD4win until Bart and BartPE add compatibility for that. I'm sure that's something on his agenda, but when that will be done, I don't know. :-\

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#18 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:25 PM

I'm pretty sure that Bart is working on adding Vista capability to PE Builder. I really feel that this will take him quite a bit of time to accomplish, so I think we may end up waiting for a while. There are a few things that MS still missed when they were developing WinPE 2.0, so Bart should be able to improve PE again with his builder.

We fully support Bart and are just waiting for him to get this completed. Hopefully he will ask for some beta testing help and contact us soon? We do plan on doing a Vista version, so it's just a matter of time before we start.
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

• (2 Pages)
        • +
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users