UBCD4Win Forums: Official BTS Driverpack Support - UBCD4Win Forums

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official BTS Driverpack Support A Year later......

#1 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:02 AM

NOTE: This post is more then 2 years old and is very outdated.

:banana::gs::banana:
    www.UBCD4WIN.COM PROUDLY PRESENTS....

OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR BTS DRIVERPACKS.

The UBCD4WIN Development team has been working directly with the BTS team to make this possible.
    In November of 2005 first contact was made about this and have been working in the background for more
    then a year now doing all the background work on what the true requirements for supporting all drivers
    in a bartpe environment, which supports all varieties of bartpe including UBCD4WIN & others.

The initial release of the new driverpacks base only supports mass storage drivers.
    There was no doubt that the mass storage drivers were more important and needed to be first.
    LAN & WLAN will be next on the list, please remember that this is a freeware project and anything
    worth having will take time to create, test & debug.

We have tested this method on a few dozen systems of different hardware configurations, but our resources
    in this area are limited. As always... USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Great care has been taken to make sure this
    package is safe to use, but there is always a chance of bugs that were not found during development.

The benefit of this setup is that the pebuilder plugin is created dynamically with the current driverpack release.
    The mass storage driverpack included in this plugin is up to date as of now.
    When new versions are updated, simply replace the driverpack.7z file in the \base\driverpacks folder and rebuild the plugin.

Overflow :worthy:(Jeff Herre) & I have been working together on this for the past couple of months.
    Jeff has done an outstanding job and deservers a big THUMBS UPS :clapping:for his work with the driverpacks base support.

Please direct any request for additional drivers to driverpacks.net as they are the maintainter of the driverpacks because we cannot add the drivers for you. They are doing a great job and normally get any requests uploaded in a short time, but please have patience.
    http://forum.driverp...forum.php?id=12

When testing this package myself I did notice a few drivers that were not included, so yes your driver may not be supported at this point but this whole package is dynamic and adding drivers should be as simple as your posting a link to the driver you need at driverpacks.net and using the word PLEASE might not hurt either. :D

THANX to Bashrat the Sneaky, Overflow and everyone else who has contributed their time to the community. :worthy:
    None of this would have been possible if it were not for the work done by Bashrat the Sneaky on the original driverpacks.

Please concider donating to driverpacks.net & www.ubcd4win.com if you use this software in your workplace.
    Nothing is ever required, but any donation is always welcomed and used to cover the costs of maintaining these projects.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation Instructions

Disable or remove any existing Mass Storage Drivers. UBCD4Win currently comes with many drivers and to avoid conflicts ( and taking up extra space ) these need disabled at the least.

To disable the included MS drivers... create a new folder in the UBCD4Win folder called DISABLED then cut and paste the <UBCD4Win>\drivers\SCSIAdapter folder to the <UBCD4Win>\DISABLED folder. You can also simply delete this folder if you wish but this would not allow you to use them again later if needed.

Extract the plugin to the following location on your hard drive depending on your version of pebuilder.
    <Pebuilder>\plugin
    <UBCD4WIN>\plugin

After running the self-extracting executable, you will have the following new folder under \plugins...
    <Pebuilder>\plugin\DriverPacks_BartPE_Plugin
    <UBCD4WIN>\plugin\DriverPacks_BartPE_Plugin

DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THIS FOLDER!!!
    "DriverPacks_BartPE_Plugin" is hard-coded into the executable and must not be altered in any way.

After you extract the plugin to the proper folder....
    Run UBCD4WINBUILDER.EXE and open the plugins page.
    select "# DriverPack - Press <CONFIG> to enable drivers" & press the CONFIG button.
    This will setup the base.ini file to your local directory and run the driverpacks base which will generate the mass storage drivers plugin.

You MUST press REFRESH before you will see the new plugin listed in pebuilder.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BartPE and UBCD4win Q & A
    http://forum.driverp...pic.php?id=1436
    Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#2 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: BETA Tester
      • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:38 AM

Downloading at this time and going to test on the usb side of the house to see fi this helps. Will also try to burn a disk and test it out as well. I presume this replaces the storage drivers in the drivers folder?

BTW... I noticed with this so far as I have with the full BTS pack that it hangs on the updater if it is blocked like here at work. It will hang for about 30 seconds while it times out. Might want to mention that as a FYI so people don't flip out about it. Looks good so far thuogh!!

-=- Results -=-

USB Boot on D610 Laptop from Dell AOK
      USB Boot on a GX280 Dell Desktop still 7B

Have not done CD tests as I have a 15 person move to do very soon but will try to do afterwards.
      \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
      BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
      It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#3 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

A quick VM test with this release finds no problems with the above instructions.
        Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#4 User is offline   cdob Icon

• Special Guest
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:10 AM

Plugin config does work:
          DriverPacks BASE 7.04.3.BPE creates a DP_MassStorage plugin.
          Next I build a new UBCD4Win.

UBCD4Win does boot with "BTS MassStorage Text Mode" drivers included.

Good work.

@BvF7734
          USB boot had not been tested yet.
          As far as I remember a Dell GX280 BIOS reinitialize USB at USB boot: BSOD 0x7b.
          Dietmar's ntdetect.com may help.

#5 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
          • PipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:45 AM

View Postcdob, on Apr 5 2007, 12:10 PM, said:

@BvF7734
            USB boot had not been tested yet.
            As far as I remember a Dell GX280 BIOS reinitialize USB at USB boot: BSOD 0x7b.
            Dietmar's ntdetect.com may help.

Rock! I understand that ti was not tested and am going out on a limb by doing that. Figured I would give it a whirl. As for the Ntdetect.com thing, where could I find this at? I just di a quick search on ntdetect.com and came up with nothing... Would love to help in testing the USB stuff with you guys.
            \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
            BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
            It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
            You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#6 User is offline   bengt Icon

• Major Skeptic
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

I googled for: Dietmar ntdetect.com
              and found among others:

http://www.911cd.net...o...=14181&st=6

#7 User is offline   KCarney Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

I get an error enabling the plugin after pressing config.
                I'm building from a 2003 SP1 OS with an SP2 i386 directory
                Posted Image

Duh.. nevermind.. did the refresh and smacked myself on the forehead.

This post has been edited by KCarney: 06 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

#8 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
                • PipPipPipPip
                  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

I just did a build with the new BTS Mass Storage driverpack plugin. Everything ran well and the CD booted and worked OK on my laptop. Haven't tried my desktop yet.
                  Good work guys. :clapping::clapping:
                  Tom K.

#9 User is offline   spidertaker23 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

Man this is exciting ... I use bartpe to service pcs in my job ... and I absolutely can't wait for wlan ... for laptop connections yay and sound :)

#10 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
                    • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:50 AM

I booted the UBCD4WIN CD with the BTS driver packs on my desktop this morning and I was able to see all of my hard drives. One is a USB attached external and the second internal is attached through a Promise 133Ultra ATA controller. Also saw both CD drives. I haven't done any extensive testing but so far the new driver pack works with both of my machines.
                      Tom K.

#11 User is offline   Hemo2 Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

Hilander, this is a reply to your (missing) message to me about the ATTO Tech drivers missing from BTS.

Unfortunately the ATTO Tech site requires you to register to download the drivers. Not sure if it required that in the past or not, but it looks to be that way now. So I doubt I could request this driver be added to BTS since it appeared they are rather particular about how someone requests a driver be added. It's too bad the 1.9 (or 2.0) drivers pack we already have couldn't have been merged with BTS to give us the most drivers together we could ever wish for. I understand why they seem to be so sensitive to how drivers are requested, but to waste all the drivers we currently have and all the hard work done to get them to us seems such a waste.

Also, I looked at the detailed list of mass storage drivers, and even though they state the Adaptec drivers include HP/Compaq drivers, I was unable to determine if they included the HP drivers included in the drivers pack. I'm thinking they don't. We used to have some old Compaq servers that I tried to include these drivers in our boot cd just in case, but it was never tested on those servers and I don't recall a need ever arising to try it either for disaster recovery, so it's probably no big deal if these driers are gone or not. (I just like having as much available as possible "just in case".)

Regardless, hopefully on Monday at work I will have time to build a new BootCD and and include the ATTO Tech and maybe the HP drivers from the 1.9 drivers pack that are missing from the BTS pack and see if that will work by simply including them under the \Drivers\MassStorage folder like we've always done.

As a side note, I haven't had much time to look into the 2.0 drivers pack problem with the insufficient memory from the Sisraid2.sys file. (This is why I would use the Mass Storage drivers from the 1.9 pack.) I had built an updated BootCD for our organization using the 2.0 drivers pack and thought doing a clean install of the 2.0 drivers took care of the problem, but late Friday afternoon, I found out from one of our techs that he encountered this problem on 2 different model desktops. Both have standard IDE drivers in them and nothing special about the hard drive or controller. We discovered if we bumped the RAM up from 512MB to 1GB, the error did not occur. I know most folks view this as a mute issue and honestly I may not get back to it since I'm currently buried with researching Vista Deployment strategies, but if combining the BTS with the missing drivers pack drivers doesn't work, I will probably rebuild our CD using the 1.9 drivers and skip the BTS pack for now since the 1.9 drivers seemed to work fine. Of course that was with the previous version of UBCD4Win though, but I wouldn't anticipate the 3.04 version of the project as the cause of that memory error.

Thanks for your previous reply and thanks to everyone for all the hard work they do on this project. Without it, I'd be stuck trying to make bland (and relatively useless) WinPE 2.0 work for us. The UBCD4Win project has so many more uses than WinPE that I can't imagine anyone wanting to use WinPE after you've used UBCD4Win.

#12 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
                        • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:08 PM

All tested system working fine with the new BTS driverpack...

Raid/Sata detected on Asus P4PE - Promise 376

#13 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • Group: Admin

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

Despite the issues brought up by Hemo2... the BTS DriverPack direction is still the most promising direction that has been presented up to this time. The BTS team's set of drivers are the most complete anywhere and will only grow more complete as drivers are submitted to them.
                            Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#14 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
                            • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

I can't remember who posted the info about where to report needed drivers and the correct format for the BTS Team but you may want to repost it..

#15 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:22 PM

All requests for new/updated or not included drivers should be directed to www.driverpacks.net

Here is the link for the mass storage forum area....
                                http://forum.driverp...forum.php?id=12
                                Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

• (6 Pages)
                                • +
                                • Last »
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users