UBCD4Win Forums: Official BTS Driverpack Support - UBCD4Win Forums

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official BTS Driverpack Support A Year later......

#16 User is offline   MikeOnline Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:35 PM

>> After you extract the plugin to the proper folder....
    >> Run UBCD4WINBUILDER.EXE and open the plugins page.
    >> select "# DriverPack - Press <CONFIG> to enable drivers" & press the CONFIG button.
    >> This will setup the base.ini file to your local directory and run the driverpacks base
    >> which will generate the mass storage drivers plugin.
    >>
    >> You MUST press REFRESH before you will see the new plugin listed in pebuilder.

When I click the CONFIG link to update the DriverPack, it seems to go fine, but in the end, the DriverPack is still DISABLED. When I then click ENABLE, I get a PluginCheck failed error (same error cited by KCarney, above). When I click REFRESH, the DriverPack still shows DISABLED.

I can successfully build the ISO, and the CD I burned boots OK and shows me my p-ATA partitions. I just don't know if the DriverPack ever made it into the build (I haven't yet tested on an SATA system)...

I did not download the supplementary BTS DriverPack download, because it appears this DriverPack is already integrated into the stock UBCD4Win 3.05 download. If I have misunderstood and need to download & install the BTS DriverPack, please let me know. Otherwise, do you have a solution that wil allow the DriverPack plugin to show ENABLED? Or does it not matter?

I am building on a Windows Vista Business (32 bit) system, using files from the Windows XP Pro (32 bit) CD -- with XP Service Pack 2 incorporated.

Thanks,
    - Mike

#17 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

The original plugin line just enables the additional drivers... at this time it only adds the Mass Storage drivers ...

Once you have clicked the Config button, you should see a new line named "# DriverPack MassStorage Text Mode" after it finishes and you refresh.

Later, when support for other drivers like networking, video etc... there can be additional ones added to the list.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#18 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

When I click the CONFIG link to update the DriverPack, it seems to go fine, but in the end, the DriverPack is still DISABLED. When I then click ENABLE, I get a PluginCheck failed error (same error cited by KCarney, above). When I click REFRESH, the DriverPack still shows DISABLED.

Read KCarney's post again...

View PostKCarney, on Apr 6 2007, 01:47 PM, said:

I get an error enabling the plugin after pressing config.
        I'm building from a 2003 SP1 OS with an SP2 i386 directory
        Posted Image

Duh.. nevermind.. did the refresh and smacked myself on the forehead.

The initial #driverpacks plugin NEVER GETS ENABLED. This is a static plugin that exists only to allow users the option of enabling the automated driverpack creation, without already including them in a disabled state which allows for more flexability in the build process, a smaller download and a better means of updating the plugin before they are created.

When you <PRESS CONFIG> after selecting the driverpack plugin, you MUST REFRESH the plugin page to see the changes made, but once you have refreshed that page you will notice a new #Driverpack - mass storage plugin has been added and enabled which was automatically generated from the driverpack.7z file in the base driverpack folder. For updating this plugin all you do is replace the mass storage.7z file in the base\driverpack folder with the current release from www.driverpacks.net, then run the configuration script again, that way the older files will be removed and the new plugin will be created.
        Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#19 User is offline   MikeOnline Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

View Posthilander999, on Jul 17 2007, 05:11 PM, said:

Read KCarney's post again...
          >> Duh.. nevermind.. did the refresh and smacked myself on the forehead.
          The initial #driverpacks plugin NEVER GETS ENABLED. This is a static plugin that exists only to allow users the option of enabling the automated driverpack creation, without already including them in a disabled state which allows for more flexability in the build process, a smaller download and a better means of updating the plugin before they are created.

When you <PRESS CONFIG> after selecting the driverpack plugin, you MUST REFRESH the plugin page to see the changes made, but once you have refreshed that page you will notice a new #Driverpack - mass storage plugin has been added and enabled which was automatically generated from the driverpack.7z file in the base driverpack folder.

Ah... I didn't notice a second plugin gets added and enabled. Sure enough, after clicking to configure # DriverPack - Press CONFIG to enable drivers, and then refreshing, I see the new plugin called # DriverPack MassStorage Text Mode listed and enabled. :clapping:

Thanks for clarifying.

- Mike

#20 User is offline   strife_caecus Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:40 AM

I refreshed the plug-in and made sure it was up to date. However, after building and burning the UBCD (v3.06) on my desktop computer, I try to boot from it on my Toshiba Satellite A65-S126 laptop. However, as it boots I get the error:

"The file SiRemFil.sys could not be found. Press any key to continue."

I press any key only to get the error that setup failed and to restart. I've burned two such CDs and encountered the same issue on each of them.

#21 User is offline   cdob Icon

• Special Guest
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:01 AM

SiRemFil.sys is not part of BTS.

Do you use a OEM windows?
              Integrate driver yourself, compare dellfix http://www.ubcd4win.com/...p...ost&p=49540

#22 User is offline   raummusik Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:51 AM

well i have similar problems here,

i install ubcd4win 3.06 , and start the .exe , then go to the plugins , there i see 2 entries , the driverpacks.net BASE and the Driverpacks.net Massstorage .

it seems already unextracted and ready to go, but the massstorage is a little bit old , so , lets go get the latest 7.091 one, and remove the old 7zip file from the plugins folder.

well, the thing i wonder about is this double-directory . \plugin\DriverPacks.net\DriverPacks.net\ ,

in the first Driverpacks.net directory is a Massstorage Folder , and in the below DriverPacks.net the Normal BASE one ,

i wonder about those cascaded directories, which also behave strange after pushing CONFIG on the BASE one inside ubcd4win.exe , it copies the whole directory in the first driverpacks.net directory, so its some double action .

also i wonder about the "second" entry of DriverPacks.net MASSSTORAGE , why are there now 2 entries , the first one still points to the second subdirectory , and the second one to the first driverpacks.net directory.

its all a bit confusing . any ideas how to proper include the latest massstora 7.091 , how you build this or "integrate" it proper?

im into driverpacks.net itself and base stuff several months, but not in combination with ubcd4win and massstorage ...

perhaps someone can give me some clearup ;)

EDIT: perhaps its only important to 1) exchange the new masstorage pack first , then push CONFIG on the BASE PLugin , nothing more perhaps . i just wonder about those re-creating of those directories , like some double-copy or wrong cascaded copy.. dont know...

This post has been edited by raummusik: 01 October 2007 - 02:53 AM

#23 User is offline   oRDoSS Icon

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:51 PM

BTS AUDIO (SOUND_A & SOUND_B) - BETA!

Here is the first public TEST version. This is a "static" plugin (yet?) - in order new version of driverpacks aviable, you need to do manually correction plugin's INF file to acccept changes in directory structure in new DP versions.
                  Tested on Asus P5LD2 SE, Asus M2N-MX (ADI 1986), some motherboards with Realtec AC'97 (not HDA) and my home Asus P5B Deluxe (ADI 1988) with 5.1 speakers.
                  More info aviable in help file.

Added: PS. So, 1 file is missed from current DriverPacks. I add missed file to plugin archive - ...\SC\tbcwdm.sys
                  P.P.S. Also: why it's here, not 911? so.. i know that this work under xpe coz i made some tests, etc., but don't know about non-xpe builds.

I rebuild plugin for support new versions: BTS Sound A 7.10 and Sound B 7.104
                  Known issues:
                  1. BSOD 0x7 in some cases - (1 BSOD, after reboot PE booted OK), can't trace what initiate it (maybe simply scrapped CD-RW drive)
                  2. BSOD in some old VIA-based motherboards (level like AthlonXP_AGP_DDR). Reason: Realtek AC'97 drivers(NOT HDA!) have some PCI\VEN shared with SoundMAX codecs used in these motherboards.

Download plugin:

http://rapidshare.co...2_En_Ru.7z.html

Please test it and post results here.

This post has been edited by oRDoSS: 17 October 2007 - 06:59 PM

#24 User is offline   OverFlow Icon

• Special Guest
                  • PipPipPip
                    • Group: DriverPacks.net Guru

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:31 PM

View Postraummusik, on Oct 1 2007, 03:51 AM, said:

perhaps someone can give me some clearup ;)

EDIT: perhaps its only important to 1) exchange the new masstorage pack first , then push CONFIG on the BASE PLugin , nothing more perhaps . i just wonder about those re-creating of those directories , like some double-copy or wrong cascaded copy.. dont know...

the subfolders ARE self maintaining just add the new pack to the plugin\DriverPacks.net\BASE\DriverPacks folder

it is not even neccesary to remove the old mass storage DriverPack.
                    The Base will use the newest driverpack in the plugin\DriverPacks.net\BASE\DriverPacks folder
                    It will delete the old mass storage plugin folder (plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage) and create a new one AutoMagicaly useing the files in the plugin\DriverPacks.net\BASE folder.

lets review

1 - add new pack
                    2- hit the config button for DriverPacks Base in PEbuilder. <<THEN HIT REFRESH>>

I can't make it any easier... sorry!

Ps your path should NOT BE plugin\DriverPacks.net\DriverPacks.net\BASE\
                    Pss If you use the base to create your plugin you wont have fouled up folders

run the base from outside your UBCD4Win folder tree (IE C:\BASE\) and select your UBCD4Win plugin folder (IE C:\ubcd4win\plugin\) from DriverPacks Base program. this way you will have a proper folder structure created for you. the only drawback is this method will copy all the driverpacks from the source (C:\BASE\DriverPacks) and not just mass storage if they exist.

This post has been edited by OverFlow: 17 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

#25 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

@oRDoSS,

Thanks for the post/driver set... At this time I don't believe the DriverPack's base will recognize the sound driverpack as of yet... so it would certainly require that a user add it manually and not try using the Base to config it yet...

P.P.S. Also: why it's here, not 911? so.. i know that this work under xpe coz i made some tests, etc., but don't know about non-xpe builds.

That question is a simple one to answer... hilander999 worked closely with OverFlow to get the MassStorage driverpacks working with PE builds.... hilander999 is a UBCD4Win team member so it was natural for it to be posted here.

UBCD4Win's focus is not with multimedia though... its focus is with diagnosing and repair a system... not trying to replace Windows as an OS... This means that the most important drivers are mass storage followed by networking and video... other drivers such as sound are less important then in that reguard.
                      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#26 User is offline   jtdoom Icon

• Special Guest
                      • Pip
                        • Interests:my piggybank does not accrue any.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:45 PM

hi
                        I was not doing much work on sound, but have added the missing files in the SC folder (currently in a test driverpack).

We are working on LAN, and I hope Overflow will start coding for LAN soon.
                        In Mass storage I have started a series of real groundbreaking experiments, to work around issues where a mass storage BIOS version could make a driver fail. (as in: latest driver not good for chip with older BIOS).

the community thanks you all.
                        Kind regards, Jaak.
                        I think UBCD4WIN is a really Useful tool.
                        Help the developers help you.
                        Here's a driverpack / plugin tool tutorial.

#27 User is offline   OverFlow Icon

• Special Guest
                        • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:11 PM

View PostoRDoSS, on Oct 17 2007, 07:51 PM, said:

BTS AUDIO (SOUND_A & SOUND_B) - BETA!

Please test it and post results here.

I just downloaded and took my first look at this

first thing to note is the plugin is static - that is to say it is driverpack version specific - a new pack release would require he redo this plugin.

It also requires you to manualy extract the two driverpacks for sound [A & B] and paste the contents to his provided plugin folder.

They would then be in a fully uncompressed (not cabbed) format. this means that the 35 meg sound A becomes 171 meg and the 37 meg sound B becomes 257 meg. for a whopping 428 meg of drivers. both on the HDD (in the plugin folder) and on the final BartPE CD. (less any duplicately named files which would be overwritten when built. -there are quite a few of those too-.) but what the heck sound is worth half a gig of disk space isn't it?

#28 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:18 PM

@oRDoSS- thanks for making your first contribution tonight. I've heard many good things about you from hilander.

@OverFlow- thanks for all of your excellent work with DriverPacks. I've heard many good things about you from hilander also and I know you guys worked together quite a bit with the PE/UBCD4Win plugin. I thank you for joining our forum and hope you find the time to visit often.
                            Need some hardware or software at super low prices? Check out my online store here: Burrows Solutions

"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"
                            "My cause is noble, my power is pure"
                            "My new computer came with Windows 7. Windows 7 is much more user-friendly than Windows Vista. I don't like that."
                            "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

Can we smoke in here?
                            Cigarettes or crack?
                            Don't make me choose.

#29 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:25 PM

View PostOverFlow, on Oct 17 2007, 11:11 PM, said:

... They would then be in a fully uncompressed (not cabbed) format...

This also helps explain the BSOD's mentioned probably... when helping test the mass storage driver packs we had found that when left the drivers uncompressed we would intermittantly get BSOD's but only on certain systems.

#30 User is offline   jtdoom Icon

• Special Guest
                              • Pip
                                • Interests:my piggybank does not accrue any.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:26 PM

Hi OverFlow,

I've tried to get rid of duplicate INF in LAN and mass storage, but I haven't even begun looking hard at how many duplicate filenames there are in sound.
                                There must be dozens of same names in INF, let alone in systemfiles and DLL..

Yesterday I looked at some CAT files, and saw that renaming an INF breaks signing.
                                I have no idea wheter this is an issue for UBCD4WIN.
                                Kind regards, Jaak.
                                I think UBCD4WIN is a really Useful tool.
                                Help the developers help you.
                                Here's a driverpack / plugin tool tutorial.

• (6 Pages)
                                • +
                                • Last »
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users