UBCD4Win Forums: is the OffLine NT Reg Editor On CD Vista Compatible?? - UBCD4Win Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

is the OffLine NT Reg Editor On CD Vista Compatible?? is it cd070409.ISO ???

#1 User is offline   ben_mott Icon

  • Regular Member
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Posts: 200
    • Joined: 07-May 07

    Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:42 PM

    I down loaded The latest Build UBCD4WIN it works fine and it is a great job well done
    on first boot up menu you got choice for
    Off Line NT password registery editor
    is this their latest that is cd070409.ISO ??

    http://home.eunet.no...rdahl/ntpasswd/
    http://home.eunet.no...wd/cd070409.zip


    as this seems to be the only Version that is Vista Compatible.
    and if not is it possible to extract the image from that ISo using ISObuster and dump it (renamed ) to the required Directory?
    (where is that bythe way ?? is it in BartPE\images directory?? or somewhere else??
    thanks in advance for any help or information
    thank you
    Regards Ben
    :unsure:

    This post has been edited by ben_mott: 07 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

    0

    #2 User is offline   cornflake Icon

    • Member
    • PipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Posts: 78
      • Joined: 12-May 06

      Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:51 PM

      according to the datestamp it appears to be the older one that isn't vista compatible.
      try:
      UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\offline
      drop the iso there and edit the inf and rebuild
      if ubcd4win actually needs bin format or the initrd changed or boot options to load ill help you
      0

      #3 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

      • Project Development
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development
        • Posts: 3,662
        • Joined: 28-September 05
        • Gender:Male

        Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:52 PM

        View Postcornflake, on May 7 2007, 11:51 PM, said:

        according to the datestamp it appears to be the older one that isn't vista compatible.
        try:
        UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\offline
        drop the iso there and edit the inf and rebuild
        if ubcd4win actually needs bin format or the initrd changed or boot options to load ill help you

        This will not work with bcdw. The entire cd structure must be in the boot sector for an ISO to work.

        One of the dev team members has done a plugin for this, can't remember where just now.
        An update should be comming soon.
        Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire
        0

        #4 User is offline   ben_mott Icon

        • Regular Member
        • PipPipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Posts: 200
          • Joined: 07-May 07

          Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:52 AM

          Thanks hilander999and cornflakes!! Thanks very much for a quick response and all the useful information
          I wait till next update I have the other ISO on Cd if I need it a friend said it works blanking Vista passwords.
          I just did not want to corrupt any friends Vista trying it with older Version .
          Hilander999 keep up the good work
          excellent work
          and thank you for your time
          regards ben
          :D
          0

          #5 User is offline   cornflake Icon

          • Member
          • PipPip
            • Group: Members
            • Posts: 78
            • Joined: 12-May 06

            Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

            View Posthilander999, on May 8 2007, 12:52 AM, said:

            The entire cd structure must be in the boot sector for an ISO to work.


            why is that
            0

            #6 User is offline   cdob Icon

            • Special Guest
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Moderator & Development
              • Posts: 1,434
              • Joined: 19-October 05

              Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

              @cornflake
              ISO image booting:

              It's the way all current bootloaders handle ISO image booting.
              As long as application use BIOS calls, a ISO image does work.

              OffLine NT Reg Editor use BIOS calls first.
              But access real hardware CD later: loading SCSI.* drivers.
              This fails, because file is not at the CD.

              @ben_mott
              Compare dates.
              UBCD4Win 3.04 has been released before Offline NT Reg Editor cd070409.ISO.
              Current Offline NT Reg Editor can't be included.
              0

              #7 User is offline   cornflake Icon

              • Member
              • PipPip
                • Group: Members
                • Posts: 78
                • Joined: 12-May 06

                Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

                View Posthilander999, on May 8 2007, 12:52 AM, said:

                One of the dev team members has done a plugin for this, can't remember where just now.
                An update should be comming soon.


                I searched for it, but I couldn't find it. I rolled my own, it's available if you guys want to test it out:

                'Offline NT Password & Registry Editor' update, 2007-04-09: Vista 32 & 64 bit support :)
                0

                #8 User is offline   ben_mott Icon

                • Regular Member
                • PipPipPip
                  • Group: Members
                  • Posts: 200
                  • Joined: 07-May 07

                  Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:14 AM

                  Hello it is Me Again
                  Just wanted to Report that the PassWord Renew Program on the main menu>password toos>password renew(SALA)
                  works very well with Xp if you find entering new password and clicking install does not sort it choose Owner from the combo box instead of Administrator. it is Much better than OffLine NT reg editor as it is not as stress full!!!
                  PS My friend who works in a computer Repair shop said that it works very well with Windows Vista. too.
                  Regards Ben
                  :clapping:

                  This post has been edited by ben_mott: 06 July 2007 - 01:15 AM

                  0

                  #9 User is offline   ben_mott Icon

                  • Regular Member
                  • PipPipPip
                    • Group: Members
                    • Posts: 200
                    • Joined: 07-May 07

                    Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:32 AM

                    View Postben_mott, on Jul 6 2007, 07:14 AM, said:

                    Hello it is Me Again
                    Just wanted to Report that the PassWord Renew Program on the main menu>password toos>password renew(SALA)
                    works very well with Xp if you find entering new password and clicking install does not sort it choose Owner from the combo box instead of Administrator. it is Much better than OffLine NT reg editor as it is not as stress full!!!
                    PS My friend who works in a computer Repair shop said that it works very well with Windows Vista. too.
                    Regards Ben
                    :clapping:

                    useful info
                    http://www.911cd.net...?showtopic=7137
                    0

                    Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic

                    1 User(s) are reading this topic
                    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users