• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mtee.exe is not recognized

#16 User is offline   Bill52 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

View Postcornflake, on May 13 2007, 11:40 PM, said:

also it occurs to me mtee isn't crucial. you can build without it. if you still have the mtee error type this at your command prompt

C:\UBCD4Win2> chcp

and post what it says

Thanks cornflake.

It's US (437).

Opteron 146, 2x1G RAM.

Meanwhile I run the very same files on an old P 450, Win 2000.
    It doesn't come up with the 'mtee is not recognized' error.
    (The ISO is still not created) The problem must be something else on that 450 'course but the missing error message indicates to me that decompression/install/XPCD-files are fine and the problem is on this specific (Opteron) machine.

Does it write to the registry when it is being uncompressed? I didn't watch it ...

Thanks,
    Bill

PS: I'm in OZ land ... taht's Australia ... and it's 1 AM here, tomorrow is work, I have to go to sleep. PLS don't expect an answer before tomorrow. Thanks.

#17 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:34 PM

Please post the %COMSPEC% and %PATH% variables from the machine in question.

"Mtee.exe" is a window-redirector that allows the command line output to be shown on the screen and printed to a log file at the same time with little extra code added to the cmdline.

"Mtee.exe" should have been moved from the %OUTDIR% (\UBCD4WIN\BARTPE by default) to the UBCD4WIN\TEMP directory durring the first run. Some AV software has been found to cause this.

The machine with problems may have a replacement command processor installed which cannot handle the syntax.
      If your machine has a %_cmdproc% environment variable then it's not using the default cmd.exe included with windows.
      In this case, change the !Start_Autobuild.cmd file to reflect... cmd /c %cd%\autobuild.cmd
      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#18 User is offline   cornflake Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

I had thought there could be some type of international code page problem. The command processor has some bugs depending on the code page (In Vista at least). for example 437 is good, 65001 (UTF-8) is not when running certain scripts

Bill, you said "the log", but what log did you post?
        I checked the batch file and it appears that the log you posted is appended to by mtee. so that's weird, assuming you are actually posting your log and not what you saw on the screen. you posted stuff like:

View PostBill52, on May 12 2007, 11:06 AM, said:

autobuild.cmd started at
        Version: 2.0 beta4
        Date: Sat 12/05/2007
        Time: 22:53:04.70

now I looked in the autobuild script file and the file executes stuff like:
        echo; Date: %DATE% 2>&1 | mtee /+ %PEBuilderDir%\autobuild.log
        echo; Time: %TIME% 2>&1 | mtee /+ %PEBuilderDir%\autobuild.log

so it uses mtee to create the log file. and you only saw the message after a certain number of commands with mtee have been executed. this is significant because you apparently have a working mtee (at some point). to make sure, please check your autobuild.log file in the UBCD4Win directory. its contents are deposited by mtee. if you have the log file, then mtee was used.

maybe, after trying what I suggested and reinstalling to C:\UBCD4Win2, if that doesn't work you should definitely check your available disk space. maybe you don't have enough disk space on drive C?, so certain files can't be moved, and that's why the script fails. maybe wherever your temp directory is located, you are out of disk space?

so if reinstalling and rebuilding doesn't work to create the ISO, and you have enough disk space, make sure you have closed all ubcd4win programs, and make sure you have a temp dir C:\TEMP and do this as administrator in a command window:
        C:\UBCD4Win2> set TEMP=C:\Temp && set TMP=C:\Temp && set TMPDIR=C:\Temp
        C:\UBCD4Win2> set PATH=C:\UBCD4Win2\plugin\AutoBuild\Files;%PATH%
        C:\UBCD4Win2> UBCD4WinBuilder.exe
        commands must be done in same window. then in UBCD4WinBuilder build again, and let us know what happens. you can build without mtee if that doesn't work, but you'll need instructions for that, and that's for another post.

also one more thing, as if this post weren't long enough, if you're building on the machine you're having problems with , that's a big mistake. like if you have memory problems, or you overclocked too much, or whatever, if it's a problem machine don't build on it. build your recovery tools on another machine and then use those tools to access the problem machine.

EDIT: I squeezed in another command. might help.

This post has been edited by cornflake: 13 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

#19 User is offline   grhughes74 Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:51 AM

Bill52
          have a look at my solution for this, just posted, as I believe it will solve your problem.
          G

View PostBill52, on May 12 2007, 04:06 PM, said:

Hi there,

I've got this errormessage:" 'mtee' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
          I found mtee.exe at two places: C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\Autobuild and C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Autobuild\Files.
          Is it it supposed to be somwhere else too?
          'course there is no ISO ...

The log:

Build ISO image
          Running external program
          C:\UBCD4Win\mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -volid "The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows" -b bootsect.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide bootsect.bin -hide boot.catalog -o "C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso" "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE"
          Extentions enabled
          Press any key to continue . . .
          autobuild.cmd started at
          -----------------------------------------
          PEBuilderDir: C:\UBCD4Win
          ISOfile : C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso
          OutDir : C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE
          PEUtilsPath : C:\UBCD4Win\temp
          CD Label : UBCD4Windows

NEW flag is set - so preparations are done
          clearing TempDir C:\UBCD4Win\temp

'mtee' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
          operable program or batch file.
          Building ISO image done
          Building done...

What am I doing wrong?
          Many thanks,

Bill

#20 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:42 AM

He means here: http://www.ubcd4win.com/...?showtopic=8568

:)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
            "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
            "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
            "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
            "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
            "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#21 User is offline   Rainnstar Icon

• Pip

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:57 AM

What is your output Dir. Did you change this to temp like I did.
              If so you will get this error also. There is a dir that is made called temp as UBCD4 builds.

It took me hours to find this.

Hope this Helps

Rainnstar

#22 User is offline   vgan Icon

• Pip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

This is very strange, I just started getting this error today. I have already tried all suggestions listed in this forum.

I have built several ISO's in the past few months, so it used to work.

Could be unrelated, but the one thing I can think that I did differently, I had the media output set to "none" for awhile as I was just copying the files up to my RIS server and didn't need ISO's.

Now that I switched it back to ISO it gives me the 'mtee' error.

#23 User is offline   rthomson Icon

• Pip

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:05 AM

'mtee' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Hi, I had the same error when building the BartPE disk.
                  I have now implemented a workaround solution.

It is a path problem and I will get around to finding where to fix it in autobuild.cmd when I get time.

In the mean time I have copied mtee.exe to the windows directory as it is in the command path - usually the second entry

All now works and the ISO file is created without a problem.

Sorry Bill, It's a year and a half later and I imagine you have solved it but the problem still exists so I'm sure others will benefit from this solution.

That's it.

Cheers, Bob.

View PostBill52, on May 12 2007, 11:06 AM, said:

Hi there,

I've got this errormessage:" 'mtee' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
                  I found mtee.exe at two places: C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\Autobuild and C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Autobuild\Files.
                  Is it it supposed to be somwhere else too?
                  'course there is no ISO ...

The log:

Build ISO image
                  Running external program
                  C:\UBCD4Win\mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -volid "The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows" -b bootsect.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide bootsect.bin -hide boot.catalog -o "C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso" "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE"
                  Extentions enabled
                  Press any key to continue . . .
                  autobuild.cmd started at
                  -----------------------------------------
                  PEBuilderDir: C:\UBCD4Win
                  ISOfile : C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso
                  OutDir : C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE
                  PEUtilsPath : C:\UBCD4Win\temp
                  CD Label : UBCD4Windows