• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mtee.exe is not recognized

#1 User is offline   Bill52 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

Hi there,

I've got this errormessage:" 'mtee' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
    I found mtee.exe at two places: C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\Autobuild and C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Autobuild\Files.
    Is it it supposed to be somwhere else too?
    'course there is no ISO ...

The log:

Build ISO image
    Running external program
    C:\UBCD4Win\mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -volid "The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows" -b bootsect.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide bootsect.bin -hide boot.catalog -o "C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso" "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE"
    Extentions enabled
    Press any key to continue . . .
    autobuild.cmd started at
    Version: 2.0 beta4
    Date: Sat 12/05/2007
    Time: 22:53:04.70
    -----------------------------------------
    PEBuilderDir: C:\UBCD4Win
    ISOfile : C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso
    OutDir : C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE
    PEUtilsPath : C:\UBCD4Win\temp
    CD Label : UBCD4Windows

NEW flag is set - so preparations are done
    clearing TempDir C:\UBCD4Win\temp

'mtee' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Building ISO image done
    Building done...

What am I doing wrong?
    Many thanks,

Bill

#2 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

View PostBill52, on May 12 2007, 11:06 AM, said:

Hi there,

I've got this errormessage:" 'mtee' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
      I found mtee.exe at two places: C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE\Autobuild and C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\Autobuild\Files.
      Is it it supposed to be somwhere else too?
      'course there is no ISO ...

The log:

Build ISO image
      Running external program
      C:\UBCD4Win\mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -volid "The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows" -b bootsect.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide bootsect.bin -hide boot.catalog -o "C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso" "C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE"
      Extentions enabled
      Press any key to continue . . .
      autobuild.cmd started at
      Version: 2.0 beta4
      Date: Sat 12/05/2007
      Time: 22:53:04.70
      -----------------------------------------
      PEBuilderDir: C:\UBCD4Win
      ISOfile : C:\UBCD4Win\UBCD4WinBuilder.iso
      OutDir : C:\UBCD4Win\BartPE
      PEUtilsPath : C:\UBCD4Win\temp
      CD Label : UBCD4Windows

NEW flag is set - so preparations are done
      clearing TempDir C:\UBCD4Win\temp

'mtee' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
      operable program or batch file.
      Building ISO image done
      Building done...

What am I doing wrong?
      Many thanks,

Bill
      Do a forum search on "mtee". This problem has been reported before.
      Tom K.

#3 User is offline   Bill52 Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:19 AM

View Postthomasjk, on May 13 2007, 03:10 AM, said:

[Do a forum search on "mtee". This problem has been reported before.]

Well thomasjk,

Do you know what the following two lines mean in the log:
        "Extentions enabled
        Press any key to continue . . . "

They mean that I DID do the research. One of the threads talked about it.
        Another thread asked the mailer if mtee.exe was in the "sub dir". It was a rather bad way to ask it for there are several 'sub dirs' and it is not clear where mtee should be. So I politely pointed this out by telling where I found mtee.exe.

Did YOU recognised these? No, you did not.
        Did you comprehend the mail? No, you did not.
        If you were an expert on the subject you would have recognized these. Therefore you are not an expert just a bystander who poses like an expert.

As above indicates I did my research. I may have missed the solution, I may not comprehend what I should but I am certainly not a lazy sucker - what your email implies.

As is, would you pls stop such 'clever' postings.

Cheers,
        Bill

#4 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
        • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

View PostBill52, on May 13 2007, 08:19 AM, said:

View Postthomasjk, on May 13 2007, 03:10 AM, said:

[Do a forum search on "mtee". This problem has been reported before.]

Well thomasjk,

Do you know what the following two lines mean in the log:
          "Extentions enabled
          Press any key to continue . . . "

They mean that I DID do the research. One of the threads talked about it.
          Another thread asked the mailer if mtee.exe was in the "sub dir". It was a rather bad way to ask it for there are several 'sub dirs' and it is not clear where mtee should be. So I politely pointed this out by telling where I found mtee.exe.

Did YOU recognised these? No, you did not.
          Did you comprehend the mail? No, you did not.
          If you were an expert on the subject you would have recognized these. Therefore you are not an expert just a bystander who poses like an expert.

As above indicates I did my research. I may have missed the solution, I may not comprehend what I should but I am certainly not a lazy sucker - what your email implies.

As is, would you pls stop such 'clever' postings.

Cheers,
          Bill
          Cheers Bill :thumbdown:. You didn't mention the fact that you did a search. Your comments certainly didn't give that impression at all. If you had said you did a search I would not have bothered to point you to the discussion. Most of the folks who developed this CD would have done exactly what I did.
          Tom K.

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Admin

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:57 AM

Doing a "quick" 10 minute search and read found a few things:
            • How do you run UBCD4WinBuilder? With the shortcut created or do you run it from a Windows Explorer window?
            • The "source" disc seems to create this issue? Some times other language versions of the XP CD cause this problem.
            • As a final resort, try running "!Start_AutoBuild(click-me).cmd". Doing this seems to work most of the time.
            All of this information was found by searching. As you can tell there really isn't a clear answer for every case of this problem. If it were a simple answer, you would have found it in the forum and/or there would be a FAQ topic on the site. If we could replicate this problem we would be able to figure out the problem, but we haven't been able to. Lack of responses and feedback from users is about the only reason I can figure is why we do not have an answer for this problem yet.
            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#6 User is offline   Bill52 Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:10 AM

View PostSteelTrepid, on May 13 2007, 09:57 PM, said:

• How do you run UBCD4WinBuilder? With the shortcut created or do you run it from a Windows Explorer window?
              • The "source" disc seems to create this issue? Some times other language versions of the XP CD cause this problem.
              • As a final resort, try running "!Start_AutoBuild(click-me).cmd". Doing this seems to work most of the time.
              All of this information was found by searching. As you can tell there really isn't a clear answer for every case of this problem. If it were a simple answer, you would have found it in the forum and/or there would be a FAQ topic on the site. If we could replicate this problem we would be able to figure out the problem, but we haven't been able to. Lack of responses and feedback from users is about the only reason I can figure is why we do not have an answer for this problem yet.

Thanks for the points.

- I run it from the Explorer window.
              - It's an original XP English disk.
              - !Start_AutoBuild(click-me).cmd has the same problem.
              - AV softw. is off (Firewall too ... in my desperation)
              - Finally, it doesn't work from safe mode either.
              - MD5 is fine
              - Extracted by double clicking - NOT via other ...
              - Doesn't report any error - apart from mtee is not recognized ...

:surrender:I give up. Haven't got any more idea.

Bill

#7 User is offline   Bill52 Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

View PostBill52, on May 13 2007, 10:10 PM, said:

View PostSteelTrepid, on May 13 2007, 09:57 PM, said:

Thanks for the points.

- I run it from the Explorer window.
                - It's an original XP English disk.
                - !Start_AutoBuild(click-me).cmd has the same problem.
                - AV softw. is off (Firewall too ... in my desperation)
                - Finally, it doesn't work from safe mode either.
                - MD5 is fine
                - Extracted by double clicking - NOT via other ...
                - Doesn't report any error - apart from mtee is not recognized ...

Bill

Well, i did have one more idea.
                I think mtee just can not be found. Since windows's search-path starts in the applic-dir which I don't know, I copied mtee.exe into C:\UBCD4Win and put C:\UBCD4Win into the PATH.

Didn't work ...

AAAAAARRRGGhhh!!!

#8 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

View PostBill52, on May 13 2007, 10:10 AM, said:

That's the exact reason why we don't have a solution for this problem. Luckily this isn't a wide spread problem, seems to only affect impatient people??

#9 User is offline   Bill52 Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:37 AM

View PostSteelTrepid, on May 13 2007, 10:23 PM, said:

View PostBill52, on May 13 2007, 10:10 AM, said:

Luckily this isn't a wide spread problem, seems to only affect impatient people??

Huh-hah ... where did this come from?
                    How do you figure that i am impatient? Is 12 hrs troublshooting is impatient?

It's not a wide spread problem ... hmm, do you want to count the mtee related threads?
                    There are 26 of them, read approximately by 10,000 times.

Bill

#10 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

Bill52,

Please do not take out your frustrations on those that may have tried to assist you... there is no way that any of the people that did attempt to help you can know what you may or may not have done.

But one thing is certain... If you continue to act this way... no one will even try to assist you.

PS... the impatience that SteelTrepid mentioned is evident in your reactions only. So if you don't want to be called that... do not act that way.
                      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#11 User is offline   cornflake Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

it's a pretty interesting problem though. i would try installing ubcd4win again, but in another directory like C:\UBCD4Win2

then as administrator,

C:\whatever> cd \UBCD4Win2
                        C:\UBCD4Win2> UBCD4WinBuilder.exe

also if you have a virus or an mtee already in your path you could have a problem there. some OEM XP distributions might include one (HP?)

What OS are you building on?

#12 User is offline   cornflake Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:40 AM

also it occurs to me mtee isn't crucial. you can build without it. if you still have the mtee error type this at your command prompt

C:\UBCD4Win2> chcp

and post what it says

#13 User is offline   Bill52 Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

View Postrdsok, on May 13 2007, 11:07 PM, said:

Bill52,

Please do not take out your frustrations on those that may have tried to assist you... there is no way that any of the people that did attempt to help you can know what you may or may not have done.

But one thing is certain... If you continue to act this way... no one will even try to assist you.

PS... the impatience that SteelTrepid mentioned is evident in your reactions only. So if you don't want to be called that... do not act that way.

I'm sorry rdsok but I don't get you. No pun, I really don't see the point you are coming from.

In my first mail I sked two questions: a specific question: in which dirs mtee should be and a generic one: what am I doing wrong. Since the tone of the whole mail is reasonable professional I expected the reader to understand that the generik question is rather conversational then anything else. In reply I get the silliest generic answer without usefull info regarding the specific question. Yes, I did lose patience there. For the above reasons i think it was justified too.

I receive some real help in the next mail. I reply with what I have done. Again, at the end I make "small talk" by inserting a silly icon trying to make a conversation. Yes, it does indicate the frustration. Is it wrong to indicate that? After all the tests I could think of -and I listed!- it still doesn't work. It is frustrating. I don't see how does it offend the author of the previous email.
                            In reply I get nothing else but insults focusing on the least important item in the whole email. Now this IS frustrating. Especially because I listed what I did and the list is quite exhaustive. That list is just about everithing one can find in the relevant threads.

SteelTrepid is an old member therefore I do believe it doesn't take him more then 10 minutes to find the info. For us, new users however takes hours-n-hours to find, read and comprehend what needs to be done. If we get frustrated it might just have a reason. I don't see the reason to insult someone for expressing the frustration in a silly icon at the end of an email.

Instead of insulting perhaps the problem should be addressed: the reason of the frustration. It could be done by creating a pin-up regarding to this specific issue. Well, I have done that; I created a thread, gave the checklist I have done and invited input. If you check the time on the mail you'll see it was posted well before this thread went right out of course. I belive that is a constructive approach.

I don't see your point; I don't see why you say that I take my frustration out on others.

Cheers,
                            Bill

#14 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:32 AM

It's an original XP English disk

You said it's this, but did you mean an XP CD with SP1 or SP2 or no SP at all? The 3 answers that Steel (the creator) gave are as far as I know the only solutions we've ever had for this minor issue. Thanks.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                              "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                              "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                              "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                              "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                              "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#15 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

Unbelievable. Emails and posts like this are motivation killers!! If a user has a problem, I expect them to post and we try our best to help them. But then these closed minded posts come in and almost make me want to not even try anymore. We have been doing this for FREE for over 3 years now. On occasion people act like jerks and it normally bothers me because I have so much time, love, and heart in this project.

We have already told you the FACTS, we have given you what information we know and have available to us. I have told you that NO ONE in the development team has seen this error. It has been brought up by a few people and we have tried our best to figure out what is causing the problem. However people rarely want to take the time to help us help them. If users would take the time to REALLY work with us, we could probably have fixed this problem months ago.

All of your posts have smart ass comments and rude comments in them. Acting like a jerk and pleading your case (that you have given us enough information) is doing nothing. We need more information to be able to help you.

• (2 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users