• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No hard drives showing under v3.04

#1 User is offline   jakeharrop Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

Hi,

been using BartPE for ages, but started to encounter a few machines where the mass storage device wasn't being recognised. Decided I needed to update my drivers on the disk and started looking at using the latest BTS Driverpacks. At the same time I saw the UBCD4Win stuff and decided to move over from Bart to the v3.04 disk.

Unfortunately, now, no matter what driverpacks I build with (BTS using BASE plugin & Mass Storage pack, LitlBUGer's v.20 driver pack, or the standard v19 drivers included in the build), I never see any of my local drives when I boot into UBCD4win gui. I have the same problem on 2 different laptops and 2 different PC's - what on earth am I doing wrong ? I can use my old bart disk on 3 of the machines and see the C: drive on them all, but as soon as I use the new UBCD4win the c: drives don't appear.

Even stranger, if I use the r-linux tool, I can see that the hard drive is detected but that it's not picked up a drive letter. I am using the same plugins as I was on bart (just lifted them out of the old plugins directory, played with the xml & .inf's a bit and dropped them into the appropriate folder and rebuilt the disk without error), actually thinking about it, I've incorporated a new Paragon Partition Manager 8 plugin that wasn't used before, that couldn't be the cause could it ?

thanks

jake

#2 User is offline   cornflake Icon

• PipPip

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

i don't know the answer to your q but something similar is being discussed here:

UBCD4WIN Problem with Win Server 2003?, Some apps won't work...

r-linux shows the disk?

try running dd while using ubcd4win, the good one written in delphi
      dd the win32 version:
      65722f7598cb6ff922242c40d6065708 *dd-0.5.zip

ubcd4win comes with a dd but not this one which is better. you have to switch to the directory you have this dd in and then do:
      dd --version to make sure you're using the right dd. you should see "rawrite dd 0.5 for windows" then do:
      dd --list

that will show what disk devices are detected even if they have no drive letter

you can compare that to 'dd --list' on the computer's normal windows OS to see what is missing. if nothing is missing you should just be able to assign a drive letter in ubcd4win. of course none of this explains why one isnt assigned

#3 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
      • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

View Postjakeharrop, on May 24 2007, 11:46 AM, said:

Hi,

been using BartPE for ages, but started to encounter a few machines where the mass storage device wasn't being recognised. Decided I needed to update my drivers on the disk and started looking at using the latest BTS Driverpacks. At the same time I saw the UBCD4Win stuff and decided to move over from Bart to the v3.04 disk.

Unfortunately, now, no matter what driverpacks I build with (BTS using BASE plugin & Mass Storage pack, LitlBUGer's v.20 driver pack, or the standard v19 drivers included in the build), I never see any of my local drives when I boot into UBCD4win gui. I have the same problem on 2 different laptops and 2 different PC's - what on earth am I doing wrong ? I can use my old bart disk on 3 of the machines and see the C: drive on them all, but as soon as I use the new UBCD4win the c: drives don't appear.

Even stranger, if I use the r-linux tool, I can see that the hard drive is detected but that it's not picked up a drive letter. I am using the same plugins as I was on bart (just lifted them out of the old plugins directory, played with the xml & .inf's a bit and dropped them into the appropriate folder and rebuilt the disk without error), actually thinking about it, I've incorporated a new Paragon Partition Manager 8 plugin that wasn't used before, that couldn't be the cause could it ?

thanks

jake
        If you rebuild a plain vanilla UBCD4WIN V3.04 do you still have the problem?
        Tom K.

#4 User is offline   jakeharrop Icon

• Pip

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:38 AM

Ahhh...some success. My colleague has just burned a vanilla UBCD4Win cd and booting from that shows up my local drives. Must be something to with the plugin methinks, I'll post the results of the new disk I'm building now with the Paragon plugin disabled.

What does anyone recommend for partitioning within UBCD if it is indeed the paragon thats caused the prob and has to be excluded in the future ?

#5 User is offline   m.limmer Icon

• PipPip

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:10 AM

View Postjakeharrop, on May 24 2007, 06:38 PM, said:

What does anyone recommend for partitioning within UBCD if it is indeed the paragon thats caused the prob and has to be excluded in the future ?

Acronis Disk Director is a good alternative. Easy to handle and you also have the possibility of creating a boot-cd which lets you boot the disk director and manage your partitions in a preinstalled environment just like UBCD4WIN! The DiskDirector plugins for BartPE can be found in this repository --> BartPE Plugins

Another alternative is Partition Magic 8!
            Here's an easy-to-understand instruction of how to create a Partition Magic 8 Plugin --> Partition Magic 8 Plugin instructions!
            Wish to ask me something?

Get me at:

Mail: --> [email protected]

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users