UBCD4Win Forums: New UBCD4Win Net Drivers 2.02! - UBCD4Win Forums

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New UBCD4Win Net Drivers 2.02! Yay!

#16 User is offline   nStuff Icon

  • Member
  • PipPip
    • Group: BETA Tester
    • Posts: 83
    • Joined: 17-March 06

    Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:04 PM

    I could be a bit off base here, but I've heard that "encrypting drives" may be just part of the drive itself. So he may not have had an option (that he was aware of) to choose.

    I'd have to assume it is the whole drive and that potentially the "encryption's purpose" is to make what we want to happen here more difficult. Unfortunately that's about all I remember from "something" I read a while ago.

    nStuff
    0

    #17 User is online   pcuser Icon

    • Project Programmer
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development
      • Posts: 3,889
      • Joined: 20-November 04
      • Gender:Male
      • Location:Kneebrasskee

      Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

      http://www.easyguard.toshiba.com/

      Quote

      Based on two-factor authentication and the government-standard 128-bit advanced encryption algorithm, HDLock™ uses a USB A-Key®, along with a personal password, to act as the key to the notebook. The hard drive remains encrypted and inaccessible at system boot up, hibernation or shut down to anyone but the owner of the unique A-Key® and password. HDLock™ is essential for businesses that want to protect that sensitive personal and corporate data that may be vulnerable to copy, removal or modification if a user's notebook is lost, stolen or left unattended.

      This security system was designed specifically for select Portégé® and Tecra® notebooks and is available as an external accessory. An optional HDLock™ Management Server application for enterprise-hosted recovery and administration is also available.


      Is this what you have?
      If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

      Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal
      0

      #18 User is offline   gordo Icon

      • Newbie
      • Pip
        • Group: Members
        • Posts: 6
        • Joined: 23-October 07

        Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:00 AM

        View Postpcuser, on Oct 29 2007, 05:03 AM, said:

        http://www.easyguard.toshiba.com/

        Quote

        Based on two-factor authentication and the government-standard 128-bit advanced encryption algorithm, HDLock™ uses a USB A-Key®, along with a personal password, to act as the key to the notebook. The hard drive remains encrypted and inaccessible at system boot up, hibernation or shut down to anyone but the owner of the unique A-Key® and password. HDLock™ is essential for businesses that want to protect that sensitive personal and corporate data that may be vulnerable to copy, removal or modification if a user's notebook is lost, stolen or left unattended.

        This security system was designed specifically for select Portégé® and Tecra® notebooks and is available as an external accessory. An optional HDLock™ Management Server application for enterprise-hosted recovery and administration is also available.


        Is this what you have?

        I am not using HD Lock. Have not been able to find where this is located.
        0

        #19 User is offline   gordo Icon

        • Newbie
        • Pip
          • Group: Members
          • Posts: 6
          • Joined: 23-October 07

          Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:02 AM

          all is going well here, now. I got rid of the duplicate network driver files and it now finds the network card ok.

          I changed the BIOS hdd mode from SATA to compatible mode and now the ghost program finds the external maxtor one touch disk.

          thanks to all.
          0

          #20 User is offline   happyuser Icon

          • Newbie
          • Pip
            • Group: Members
            • Posts: 3
            • Joined: 29-December 07

            Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

            :clapping:Thanks for the wonderful work!


            Unfortunately, the drivers for my Attansic NIC are not in the pack.
            I checked driverpacks.net; they were only added in October.
            I have been using UBCD4Win for a couple of years and it
            has saved me from reformatting the disk at least two times.
            However, I never got to do any advanced operation, such
            as adding drivers. Any hints would be appreciated!

            Thanks and happy New Year,
            0

            #21 User is offline   rdsok Icon

            • rdsok
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Admin
              • Posts: 6,037
              • Joined: 02-October 05
              • Gender:Male
              • Location:Norman, Ok. USA

              Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:08 PM

              View Posthappyuser, on Dec 29 2007, 05:06 PM, said:

              Unfortunately, the drivers for my Attansic NIC are not in the pack.
              I checked driverpacks.net; they were only added in October.


              You are confusing the MassStorage drivers ( Driverpacks.net ) with the Network drivers which are not from them....

              If your drivers you need aren't supported... add them into the [UBCD4Win]\drivers\Net folder after you create a folder to contain them. Look at the other drivers for an example of whats needed or read the info found in the {UBCD4Win]\help\[your language] folder for a more technical description of adding drivers.
              Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....
              0

              #22 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

              • Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Members
                • Posts: 4,698
                • Joined: 27-May 04
                • Location:MT, USA
                • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

                Post icon  Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:40 PM

                View Posthappyuser, on Dec 29 2007, 04:06 PM, said:

                :clapping:Thanks for the wonderful work!


                Unfortunately, the drivers for my Attansic NIC are not in the pack.
                I checked driverpacks.net; they were only added in October.
                I have been using UBCD4Win for a couple of years and it
                has saved me from reformatting the disk at least two times.
                However, I never got to do any advanced operation, such
                as adding drivers. Any hints would be appreciated!

                Thanks and happy New Year,


                Also, if you don't mind, please give me a link to the working driver that you currently use, so I can include them in the next network drivers pack. :)



                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown
                0

                #23 User is offline   happyuser Icon

                • Newbie
                • Pip
                  • Group: Members
                  • Posts: 3
                  • Joined: 29-December 07

                  Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

                  View Postrdsok, on Dec 30 2007, 03:08 AM, said:

                  View Posthappyuser, on Dec 29 2007, 05:06 PM, said:

                  Unfortunately, the drivers for my Attansic NIC are not in the pack.
                  I checked driverpacks.net; they were only added in October.


                  You are confusing the MassStorage drivers ( Driverpacks.net ) with the Network drivers which are not from them....


                  I referred to the LAN drivers on http://www.driverpac...et/DriverPacks/.
                  They may be not applicable to UBCD4Win; I am not familiar with the process
                  but I presumed there was some correlation between the two
                  (at least in the decision which drivers to include)?

                  Quote

                  If your drivers you need aren't supported... add them into the [UBCD4Win]\drivers\Net folder after you create a folder to contain them. Look at the other drivers for an example of whats needed or read the info found in the {UBCD4Win]\help\[your language] folder for a more technical description of adding drivers.


                  Thanks a lot for the link! I will try it within next few days.
                  0

                  #24 User is offline   happyuser Icon

                  • Newbie
                  • Pip
                    • Group: Members
                    • Posts: 3
                    • Joined: 29-December 07

                    Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

                    View PostLittlBUGer, on Dec 30 2007, 09:40 PM, said:

                    View Posthappyuser, on Dec 29 2007, 04:06 PM, said:

                    :clapping:Thanks for the wonderful work!


                    Unfortunately, the drivers for my Attansic NIC are not in the pack.
                    I checked driverpacks.net; they were only added in October.
                    I have been using UBCD4Win for a couple of years and it
                    has saved me from reformatting the disk at least two times.
                    However, I never got to do any advanced operation, such
                    as adding drivers. Any hints would be appreciated!

                    Thanks and happy New Year,


                    Also, if you don't mind, please give me a link to the working driver that you currently use, so I can include them in the next network drivers pack. :)


                    It is an onboard NIC used in ASUS P5K.
                    http://dlsvr01.asus....P5K/x86_x64.rar
                    0

                    #25 User is offline   jtdoom Icon

                    • Special Guest
                    • Pip
                      • Group: DriverPacks.net Guru
                      • Posts: 19
                      • Joined: 07-March 07
                      • Location:Eeklo, in the East Flanders
                      • Interests:my piggybank does not accrue any.

                      Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

                      View Posthappyuser, on Dec 31 2007, 12:00 AM, said:

                      View PostLittlBUGer, on Dec 30 2007, 09:40 PM, said:

                      View Posthappyuser, on Dec 29 2007, 04:06 PM, said:

                      :clapping:Thanks for the wonderful work!


                      Unfortunately, the drivers for my Attansic NIC are not in the pack.
                      I checked driverpacks.net; they were only added in October.
                      However, I never got to do any advanced operation, such
                      as adding drivers. Any hints would be appreciated!

                      Thanks and happy New Year,


                      Also, if you don't mind, please give me a link to the working driver that you currently use, so I can include them in the next network drivers pack. :)


                      It is an onboard NIC used in ASUS P5K.
                      http://dlsvr01.asus....P5K/x86_x64.rar


                      Hi,
                      driverpacks LAN is not yet optimized.
                      In 2007, a handful of driverpack members did a lot of optimizing in sound and trimmed/pruned over 2000 duplicated sound PCI HWIDs out of the packs.
                      In LAN, the late 2007 packs had seen some optimizing, but the team was not yet using "spotlight utility INF-info-reader" when we did that.
                      January 2008, we have still not done that.
                      OverFlow, JakeLD (and his brother), and I will try get driverpacks LAN pack in shape.
                      Nvidia is a hurdle we need to take.
                      Sooner or later, we will need the imput from sysprep and PE users, and people in the team will have to make the decisions on what we keep using.

                      MY main goal is disc install.
                      What's that do to UBCD4WIN plugin?
                      I do know that sysprep users can help, because what they filter out are same things I have to try filter out for PE users.
                      And , I believe (correct me if I am wrong.. PLEASE) what needs to get worked around for for PE/UBCD4WIN, helps Sysprep users too.
                      Bashrat, debugger, Joshua, JakeLD, and I can probably beat the riddles I see in Nvidia.
                      I alone cannot.
                      Kind regards, Jaak.
                      I think UBCD4WIN is a really Useful tool.
                      Help the developers help you.
                      Here's a driverpack / plugin tool tutorial.
                      0

                      #26 User is offline   jtdoom Icon

                      • Special Guest
                      • Pip
                        • Group: DriverPacks.net Guru
                        • Posts: 19
                        • Joined: 07-March 07
                        • Location:Eeklo, in the East Flanders
                        • Interests:my piggybank does not accrue any.

                        Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

                        a not so short short guide to add a driver to LAN.
                        1. un7zip LAN pack
                        2. look at the INI, and read the exception handling written there.
                        3. open the INF file in the driver you want to add, and check version, and HWIDS.

                        4. look (txt search) for competing HWIDS in existing pack.

                        4.1 you HWID was not supported, and you can then add the driver.
                        BUT; if it exists and driverpack did NOT work for you, you know the INF file that bust you.. write down (maybe paste the info, and make a post at driverpacks net)..
                        4. 1.a
                        rename/disable the competing INF (rename to IN2), or edit the inf (info for advanced users.. an 100 percent duplicate overlap can exist if it is an upgrade and wil usually work, but some upgraded drivers do not work on older driver HWIDS even when they still list them..)
                        4.1.b
                        your driver fix tests bad?
                        then replace with your old driver instead of newer, an report to driverpacks.
                        4.1. c
                        your driver addition/upgrade/replacement was succesful.
                        report with details of what you had to do.

                        5
                        your report will help others
                        Kind regards, Jaak.
                        I think UBCD4WIN is a really Useful tool.
                        Help the developers help you.
                        Here's a driverpack / plugin tool tutorial.
                        0

                        #27 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

                        • Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • Group: Members
                          • Posts: 4,698
                          • Joined: 27-May 04
                          • Location:MT, USA
                          • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

                          Post icon  Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:05 AM

                          Please unpin this topic and pin the newer one here: http://www.ubcd4win.com/...?showtopic=9889

                          Thanks. :)



                          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown
                          0

                          • (2 Pages)
                          • +
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • This topic is locked

                          1 User(s) are reading this topic
                          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users