Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Download riddled with virus's I need a clean download

#1 User is offline   hs3082 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:01 AM

I have tried to download the lasted version and every time I do it is loaded with viruses. does anyone have a clean copy that I can download?

#2 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:12 AM

Actually the download is riddled with good software and some of it is considered "riskware" by AV companies.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm#false
      "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#3 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:21 AM

As usual, this is a false positive being made by your antivirus program. This often happens with many antivirus programs and the main cause is from the fact that the malware authors are also using the very same compilers and file libraries of code that normal programs use so when a new malware detection is added to the antivirus definition files... it can have enough common code with normal programs that the normal program gets misdetected as a malware threat.

There is little that we can do about these detections except try and educate the users a bit and provide a bit of info to help support our statements.

I'll start by using a third party confirmation for what we state that UBCD4Win has been tested by Softpedia and was awarded a 100% Clean Award as can be verified on their website here http://www.softpedia...lean-76994.html

Since each time this happens its with a different program or detected as different threats we've can only address them in general. So we also got some info about these in the FAQ's here http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm#false

Before you do anything else... update your antivirus or other protection program and test the file again. Most of the companies will update their definitions often and may have already corrected the issue... so always test with the latest updates before you do anything else.

We can also tell you how to double check all of the above by doing additional testing. Before you even run anything in the project... disable your On Access scanner for your protection program and then test the file or files in question at either http://virusscan.jotti.org/ or at http://www.virustotal.com . If you don't disable your protection you won't be able to upload the file because your protection software will block access to it.

Once you have tested and proven to yourself that it truely is a false positive... report the detection to your antivirus program's company so they can correct the issue. Don't get mad at them and switch for this type of reason alone... you would only switch one set of false detections for another that another program would have... so work with the company directly to get the issue resolved and you will help all users of the antivirus program.

If they want you to email them a copy of the file being detected... remember to archive the file ( arc, cab, tar, zip etc ) using a password and then send the archive file, tell them the password and tell them what it is being reported as along with any other info they may request.
        Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#4 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:59 AM

This topic seems to be a daily event reciently, please read this thread from yesturday...
          http://www.ubcd4win.com/...p...ost&p=53056
          Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#5 User is offline   hs3082 Icon

• Pip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

the problem is my AV (McAfee) has been updated and it keeps deleating certain files and the program won't run.

#6 User is offline   thomasjk Icon

• Advanced Member
            • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:57 PM

Disable your AV or boot into Safe mode and run the download there.
              Tom K.

#7 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

McAfee seems to be one that does not like to be disabled and still has portions running even if you disable it.
                Your options are to add an "Eclusion" to the av program. (Means do not monitor this folder) so that the files can be extracted and run.

OR you will need to boot into "Safe Mode" and extract/build from there.

Sometimes av vendors update any false detections quickly and fix problems, other times they do nothinkg for weeks if they ever do.
                Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users