UBCD4Win Forums: Unable to execute software after download - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unable to execute software after download Is my anti-virus software the problem?

#1 User is offline   reimerron Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

Help! I can't load the software. I keep getting an error message. See attachment. I am running WINXP SP2 with Kaspersky AV 6.0.0.303. Is this an issue with Kaspersky? Any ideas? Thanks.

Reimerron

Attached File  Download_problem.jpg (58.89K)
    Number of downloads: 21

#2 User is offline   Joshua Icon

• Development Team
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development
      • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:13 PM

Are you login as admin ?
      Try installing in safe mode with disabled antivirus.
      Read FAQ: http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm

Joshua
      my plugin homepage:
      <a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>

#3 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

I also see the Softpedia download page in the background... Certainly you know that you do not run the install file from the website's download page... You must download and save the complete install file and then run it.
        Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#4 User is offline   reimerron Icon

• Pip
          • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:03 PM

View Postrdsok, on Nov 21 2007, 04:22 PM, said:

I also see the Softpedia download page in the background... Certainly you know that you do not run the install file from the website's download page... You must download and save the complete install file and then run it.

Yes, I did download and save the install file and run it from the saved file. Why would I have to install this software in safe mode as Joshua suggested?

Reimerron

#5 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:55 PM

View Postreimerron, on Nov 26 2007, 01:03 PM, said:

Yes, I did download and save the install file and run it from the saved file. Why would I have to install this software in safe mode as Joshua suggested?

Reimerron
            AV software is now using many methods to protect your system from "RiskWare" and the logic is not as good as it should be, but the only way each company will stay on top of the list is by detecting more "Threats" then the competition.

AV software normally uses "Active Scanning" or "Background Protection" which means that all programs are run through a sort of filter before the code in memory is executed.

Do not use a download manager to download the software, this is known to corrupt files on ocasion.
            Read the FAQ on "False Posatives" then note the "Seal of Approval" from SoftPedia.

Any active virus scaner/maware/riskware dection program can stop the extraction process and cause a whole bunch of different errora depending on what program(s) you are using.

WINDOWS DEFENDER is another MAJOR PROBLEM for anyone doing any work with un-attended software cd's which is the base for all pebuilds so you need to make sure it is disabled also.

The best way to proceed is...
            1) Read the FAQ on the main ubcd4win website and UNDERSTAND what it says about "False Posatives" and "RiskWare" because many of the tools included inthe download fall under "RiskWare" by certain software companies because of what they can do and the fact that some people do use them for purposes that are outside of the meaning of the original programer.

2) Download the setup program & verify the MD5 hash of your file so you know it has not been tampered with.
            3) Disconnect from the internet. Either unplug the lan cable from your pc or press the DISABLE button on your cable modem (if applicable).
            4) Reboot your computer and enter SAFE MODE (Press F8 at first boot sequance).
            5) Install and run the builder while in safe mode so that all av/malware programs are disabled to ensure you get a good build.
            6) Reboot into your normall windws session and reconnect to the internet.
            Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users