Unable to execute software after download Is my anti-virus software the problem?
Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:04 PM
Number of downloads: 21
Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:13 PM
Try installing in safe mode with disabled antivirus.
Read FAQ: http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm
<a href="http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/PEIndex.htm</a>
Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:22 PM
Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:03 PM
Yes, I did download and save the install file and run it from the saved file. Why would I have to install this software in safe mode as Joshua suggested?
Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:55 PM
AV software normally uses "Active Scanning" or "Background Protection" which means that all programs are run through a sort of filter before the code in memory is executed.
Do not use a download manager to download the software, this is known to corrupt files on ocasion.
Read the FAQ on "False Posatives" then note the "Seal of Approval" from SoftPedia.
Any active virus scaner/maware/riskware dection program can stop the extraction process and cause a whole bunch of different errora depending on what program(s) you are using.
WINDOWS DEFENDER is another MAJOR PROBLEM for anyone doing any work with un-attended software cd's which is the base for all pebuilds so you need to make sure it is disabled also.
The best way to proceed is...
1) Read the FAQ on the main ubcd4win website and UNDERSTAND what it says about "False Posatives" and "RiskWare" because many of the tools included inthe download fall under "RiskWare" by certain software companies because of what they can do and the fact that some people do use them for purposes that are outside of the meaning of the original programer.
2) Download the setup program & verify the MD5 hash of your file so you know it has not been tampered with.
3) Disconnect from the internet. Either unplug the lan cable from your pc or press the DISABLE button on your cable modem (if applicable).
4) Reboot your computer and enter SAFE MODE (Press F8 at first boot sequance).
5) Install and run the builder while in safe mode so that all av/malware programs are disabled to ensure you get a good build.
6) Reboot into your normall windws session and reconnect to the internet.