• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Network Configuration Utility for UBCD4Win

#1 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:13 PM

This is a GUI utility that you can use to configure your UBCD4Win network settings prior to building your cd.

Download Network.exe and drop it into your %UBCD4Win%\plugin\network\penetcfg folder then run it to customize the network settings for your booted cd next time you build.

Posted Image

Most penetcfg settings are implemented except for:

Network Profiles
    Adapter Profiles
    Adapter Settings

As always, any feedback is appreciated.

ENJOY!!!

Tom
    If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#2 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

Here's a new version (1.0.0.5) that now has the ability to load your exsisting settings from penetcfg.ini

The only section that isn't loaded from your existing configuration is any PostNetAutoRun entries you may have. If anyone has time to beta test this, please do and let me know how it goes. If no serious errors are found then I'll implement network profiles next. ;)

The download link is in the first post.
      If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#3 User is offline   TheTruth Icon

• Special Guest
      • Pip
        • Group: PE Contributor/Coder

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

Nice work, but you should continue work to come up with a complete profile builder as I refer people who ask me for profile building GUI to your utility :)

#4 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

Thank you. I'll continue to work on getting profiles implemented and post here when it's finished.

#5 Guest_DigiWiz_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

Offering:

I'd like to see a slight change in the GUI labels - in the lower-left box (Enable DHCP, Use Static Gateway, etc.), there are 4 check-boxes... I think it would be a nice touch to add something like (default) or (default on) or something, to let us know what the default settings should be for most of us.

In addition, maybe a Default button on the bottom (along with Close and Apply) that will reset all settings back to a plain/generic setting that works for most folks, so in case we screw something up by changing a setting we shouldn't have, we can at least get back to square-one ;)

I LOVE little utilities like this!

DW

:)

#6 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:53 PM

Thanks Digi, those sound like good ideas and should fit nicely with other plans for it that are already in the works.

#7 Guest_DigiWiz_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

I didn't want to spend a lot of time with Photoshop, but you get the idea - (I couldn't fit in the DNS boxes unless I spent too much time editing)... at least you can see a rough idea of what I meant.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users