• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BCDW issues I think

#1 User is offline   lawson23 Icon

• Ultra Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

Ok I have been trying to add some other boot options and for some reason have been having some issues.

I started with an issue where my xxx_bcdw.ini lines were running on top of eachother where I would try to execute it from the menu and it would say not found and I could see it calling:
    /images/xxx.iso ; Some commented out text.
    Not found. It think because it was trying to execute this commented out text. Well I think I fixed this by just putting an Enter after the line in xxx_bcdw.ini's this would then cause the code in these files to move down a line when starting a new file.

I tested this and was finally able to get some of these to load.

Well I have one that still will not load and I don't understand what is failing it. In fact I wonder if it is even running the image file I defined.

See the screen shows this when running:
    starting cd....  OK.
    Bootable CD wizard v.2.0a1 copyright (c)2004 by Alex Kopylov
    Error loading Operating System.

I don't understand where it is getting this code. As my autoexec.bat doesn't contain a echo starting cd... ok

Any ideas??

Here is what some of my bcdw.ini looks like:
    [MenuItems]
    C:\                    ; Boot from drive C:
    \i386\setupldr.bin    ; Launch "The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows"; ^ Runs a pre-installed Windows environment, loaded with diagnostic tools.
    :reboot                     ; REBOOT                            ; ^ Reboot PC

:                   ; ... Insert your boot options here ...
    ;\BCDW\dos4bcdw.ima   ; Volkov Commander                  ; ^ Example of DOS programs using; \VC\vc.com
    ;/isolinux/isolinux.bin ; Partition Image (isolinux)                ; ^ Example of isolinux using       ; /partimg/vmlinuz ramdisk_size=16384 initrd=/partimg/initrd.img root=/dev/ram0 rw
    ;/isolinux/isolinux.bin ; Memtest86 (memdisk)                       ; ^ Example of memdisk using        ; /isolinux/memdisk initrd=/Images/memtest.img
    ;\Images\memtest.img  ; Memtest86 (BCDW)                  ; ^ Example of floppy images using
    \images\dban.ima      ; Darik's Boot and Nuke v.1.0.7         ; ^ DBAN will completely delete the contents of any hard disk it can detect.
    \IMAGES\goback.ima    ;GOBACK Removal Tool                        ; ^ Allows acces to GOBACK protected drives.
    \Images\memtest.iso   ; Memtest86                                 ; ^ Test System Memory for Errors
    \images\ntfs4dos.img  ; NTFS for DOS              ; ^ Access NTFS partitions from DOS.
    /isolinux/isolinux.bin; Offline NT Password & Registry Editor; ^ Petter Nordahl's Offline NT Password & Registry Editor;  pnordahl rw vga=1 init=/linuxrc initrd=pnordahl.cgz,scsi.cgz
    \cmdc\setupldr.bin    ;Windows(tm) Recovery Console               ; ^ Access the Windows Recovery Console
    \images\osboot.img; awdflash; ^ Asus M2N-E Bios Upgrade

\images\SpinRite.img; SpinRite 6; ^ Data recovery and drive maintenance
    ;\images\SpinRite.iso; SpinRite 6; ^ Data recovery and drive maintenance

#2 User is offline   bengt Icon

• Skeptic
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Donator/Beta Tester

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

I believe the text: starting cd.... OK. originates from \plugin\Multiboot-003\bcdw\files\loader.bin
      and gets written to BOOTSECT.BIN

make sure the last line of any of the the XXX_BCDW.INI is an empty one as you mentioned

the program Agent Ransack is excellent when searching for text in files, and it is swift, use it all the time ^_^

This post has been edited by bengt: 20 December 2007 - 02:55 PM

#3 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

Keep in mind that a semi-colin is not a comment in BCDW. These are used as seperators and as already mentioned you must make sure the last line of all seperate MYPROGRAM_BCDW.INI files is a BLANK LINE or it gets appended to the same line as the last file and causes nothing but trouble including that menu entry asking for a password.

Each entry has 5 sections
        ;path to image ;menu entry ;description of program ;special commands for linux ;password
        Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#4 User is offline   lawson23 Icon

• Ultra Member
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:33 PM

Yeah I figured out that this line is part of the bcdw plugin.

starting cd...

Must be with my image file. I will have to look into this.

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users