• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

cd boot fails

#1 User is offline   andreas100 Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:19 AM

Hello Forum,

I made a UBCD4win Boot CD and try to boot with it on different machines: most sytems like amd2600 socket 754 cpu or amd socket A are booting well. A new sytem with amd5600 cpu and amd AM2+ 790X Chipset are also booting well with the cd. But if I wants to boot cd to a core2duo system with P965 GA Board and 4 GB RAM, the booting fails with Blue Screen after the Windows XP Logo is coming. A Boot Cd created with the PE Builder 3.10 doesn't fails, but it isn't recognized the Gigabit on Board LAN adpater. The reason, why I built the UBCD4win CD. I think PE Builder has less drivers as UBCD4win. What can I do to boot the cd with the core2duo system? Is there another option for this machine?

Best regards and a happy new year
    Andreas

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:07 PM

Since there are numerous possible blue screens... what is the exact error you are given, this will give a clue as to what may be happening.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:19 PM

Since there are numerous possible blue screens...

We can assume that it's not the one with the white clouds and the green grass... :surrender:
        If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#4 User is offline   andreas100 Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

View Postrdsok, on Jan 2 2008, 09:07 PM, said:

Since there are numerous possible blue screens... what is the exact error you are given, this will give a clue as to what may be happening.

The Blue screen shows the following STOP error message and it happens, when UBCD4win launch is booting and at the point, when Windows XP is booting with the windows xp logo:
          "A problem is occured. Windows was shutdown, that the computer not get damaged.
          Technical information: Stop:0X0000007B" (some hexadecimals numbers)

Many thanks
          Andreas

#5 User is offline   mbarnes Icon

• Ultimate Member
          • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hi andreas100

my home PC is based on a GA-965P-DS4 motherboard core 2 duo + 2 x 1GB DDR 2 from Crucial

ubcd4win V 3.10 built with XP SP2 and XP SP3 both work OK

Ubcd4win has many hard disk drivers in a plugin\DriverPacks.net (NOT Drivers\SCSIAdapter) and network drivers in Drivers\Net

BartPE only has the Net & SCSI & disk drivers which are included with XP

You can use BartPE which works and add network drivers to it

You could try building ubcd4win without any SCSI/Disk drivers and see what happens

My NIC is shown as Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCIE does yours use same NIC ?

regards

Mike Barnes

#6 User is offline   andreas100 Icon

• Pip

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

View Postmbarnes, on Jan 2 2008, 11:36 PM, said:

Hi andreas100

my home PC is based on a GA-965P-DS4 motherboard core 2 duo + 2 x 1GB DDR 2 from Crucial

ubcd4win V 3.10 built with XP SP2 and XP SP3 both work OK

Ubcd4win has many hard disk drivers in a plugin\DriverPacks.net (NOT Drivers\SCSIAdapter) and network drivers in Drivers\Net

BartPE only has the Net & SCSI & disk drivers which are included with XP

You can use BartPE which works and add network drivers to it

You could try building ubcd4win without any SCSI/Disk drivers and see what happens

My NIC is shown as Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCIE does yours use same NIC ?

regards

Mike Barnes

Hello Mike,
              thanks a lot. My nic is the same. I added the SATA Drivers of the board with F6 to the booting ubcd4win. But there was the same errormessage as I described before. My seagate hard disks are connected to RAID0. Should I easily delete the Driverspacks.net file when I build a ubcdwin CD?

best regards
              Andreas

#7 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Admin

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:17 PM

View Postandreas100, on Jan 4 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

Should I easily delete the Driverspacks.net file when I build a ubcdwin CD?

Why delete them when you can simply disable them from the Plugins are of the builder? Deleting them is permanant and at this time the drivers haven't been proven to be your problem yet... so just disable them and rebuild.
                Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#8 User is offline   andreas100 Icon

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hello,

after disabling the DriverPacks.net plugin there are no more errors by booting with UBCD4win CD. Thanks a lot for your helps.

best regards
                  Andreas

#9 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

View Postandreas100, on Jan 7 2008, 01:14 PM, said:

Hello,

after disabling the DriverPacks.net plugin there are no more errors by booting with UBCD4win CD. Thanks a lot for your helps.

best regards
                    Andreas

That's strange. I'm not sure if we've seen this problem before (other than not having the proper drivers). Can you see your HD and everything OK once the CD is booted? Thanks.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#10 User is offline   andreas100 Icon

• Pip

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:36 AM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jan 8 2008, 12:25 AM, said:

View Postandreas100, on Jan 7 2008, 01:14 PM, said:

Hello,

best regards
                      Andreas

That's strange. I'm not sure if we've seen this problem before (other than not having the proper drivers). Can you see your HD and everything OK once the CD is booted? Thanks.

Yes, adding the sata Raid driver of my GA board with F6 and floppydisk while booting I see all Hds. Everything is OK, no more Blue screen at booting after disabling DriverPacks.net plugin.

Bye
                      Andreas

#11 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:14 AM

You should be able to add that driver to the <build>/drivers/SCSIAdapter/<foldername> area, as long as there's a proper txtsetup.oem file included. Then the UBCD4Win, during the building process, will automatically include that driver without you having to do the F6 thing. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                        "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                        "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                        "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                        "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                        "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

Page 1 of 1
                        • You cannot start a new topic
                        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users