UBCD4Win Forums: Avatars - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#1 User is offline   AncientDragon Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:retired USAF and retired computer programming in C/C++ languages.

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

I'd like to use the avatar that's store on my hard drive but there isn't an option to download it, and I don't have a URL for you to get it. How can I do that ?

Thanks

AD

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:08 PM

You only have 2 options for avatars... select one from the available avatars or upload yours to a website that you have access to and can host the file from...
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

It's been so long since someone has requested this that I honestly forget what I did in the past???
        I think I have the option to upload one turned off (for security and bandwidth purposes) but do recall making a post a long time ago telling users to email me and we will "host" it.

It looks like you have it working so everything might be good for now. If you are unsure of the hosting site that you uploaded the image to then email me the avatar and I'll gladly upload it and give you the link for it. That way if who you chose has policies that restrict the time the image is allowed there, you wouldn't have to worry about that with us/me hosting it.

My email address is ben AT www.ubcd4win.com. Just replace the AT with the appropriate symbol and remove the spaces, I have to do that "goofy" because of robots and spammers. I already receive 100-300 spam per day, don't want to increase that by making it easy for them to harvest my email address and add me to more lists!!
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#4 User is offline   AncientDragon Icon

• Pip
          • Interests:retired USAF and retired computer programming in C/C++ languages.

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

Thanks ben. The avator I used isn't really the one I wanted, but it'll do for now. It is an avatar at DaniWeb where I am a moderator.

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

Well, if you want a different one.....then just email it to me. I'll upload it and send you the link so you can use that as your avatar.
            I'll easily admit that I'm not perfect, so it may take me a few days if I'm really busy to get it all setup....but seriously, just email it to me if you have something else you want to use.
            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#6 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

View PostSteelTrepid, on Jan 3 2008, 10:11 PM, said:

Well, if you want a different one.....then just email it to me. I'll upload it and send you the link so you can use that as your avatar.
              I'll easily admit that I'm not perfect, so it may take me a few days if I'm really busy to get it all setup....but seriously, just email it to me if you have something else you want to use.

I was going to suggest the same thing. I have plenty of space/bandwidth to use at my pro version of my Photobucket account, so if you'd like me to host it for you there, and then give you the link, I can do it relatively quickly. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
              "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
              "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
              "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
              "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
              "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users