UBCD4Win Forums: Can't get UBCD4Win to burn a disk! - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't get UBCD4Win to burn a disk! I have tried everythibg I can think of but no joy!

#1 User is offline   martspec Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

I downloaded and installed UBCD4Win and I was very impressed with all it checked and did. I have a good (i think) copy of slipstreamed XP Pro / SP2 file on hard drive with no spaces or - in filename. I built the file and had only one warning:
    Filenames with more than 31 characters may cause .... After the burned 3 disks and then came up with the burn failed error message, I tried to figure out why. I searched the plugins for Nero Burning suite which is the burner I use but it wasn't there so I spent several hours trying to install a plugin for it.\ but with no luck. I then looked for burners that were listed and found Starburner and Deep burner so i downloaded both of them and then tried another burn but got the same failure.
    I have spent most of the past week trying to get a slipstreamed Windows XP / SP2 CD made with all the files checked, so I could do a boot repair install to fix some problems with no luck and am extremely frustrated. Please can someone tell me how to proceed or where I can find complete instructions step by step to complete this task without searching for hours for why it isn't working!

#2 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

Burining the ISO file to a cd has nothing to do with any of the included plugins, these are for programs to be used within the booted media.

The ISO file should be in the root of your ubcd4win folder and needs to be burned as an image, not a file.
      If your having trouble burning cd's, then you may have some malware running that is killing your data rate, or it could be a bad burner/media.

WWW.IMGBURN.COM

"The most reliable burning platform on the planet."
      Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#3 User is offline   RLG Icon

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

View Postmartspec, on Jan 7 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

I downloaded and installed UBCD4Win and I was very impressed with all it checked and did. I have a good (i think) copy of slipstreamed XP Pro / SP2 file on hard drive with no spaces or - in filename. I built the file and had only one warning:
        Filenames with more than 31 characters may cause .... After the burned 3 disks and then came up with the burn failed error message, I tried to figure out why. I searched the plugins for Nero Burning suite which is the burner I use but it wasn't there so I spent several hours trying to install a plugin for it.\ but with no luck. I then looked for burners that were listed and found Starburner and Deep burner so i downloaded both of them and then tried another burn but got the same failure.
        I have spent most of the past week trying to get a slipstreamed Windows XP / SP2 CD made with all the files checked, so I could do a boot repair install to fix some problems with no luck and am extremely frustrated. Please can someone tell me how to proceed or where I can find complete instructions step by step to complete this task without searching for hours for why it isn't working!

I am also a newbie to all of this. I have posted a help request on the forum (alas with no replies but plenty of views) also. I have successfully written an ISO image to CD using Nero 8.1. I sent the ISO file to the desktop and burnt it to CD from there. The only variation I did was select CONFIG in the plugin task for Driver Pack, and virus definitions update, the rest was left untouched. I did not add Nero as a plugin as this is far to complicated for me at the moment. This may not be helpful but I had to comment

#4 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

Where in Nero did you go to burn the image? Did you change any settings while doing so? As for building the CD, you shouldn't have to click on the CONFIG button for the Driverpacks unless you updated the ones included with newer ones from the driverpacks.net site. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
          0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users