• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What? Is it April? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

After record highs today, now I have Tornado watches??
    I trust (as in the normal season) that it's a very cautious warning, meaning we'll be lucky to get a few lightning strikes.

Either way, it's crazy to think that Ohio, Michigan, and other more "northern" states are currently under Tornado watches and Tstorm warnings!! I wish I had the energy to stay up another few hours to at least see a lightning show.
    "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#2 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

Central Indiana, South of your location, had a temperature of 65 degrees F on this date in 1907. This was well before Al Gore was born. As you know, Al invented the Internet and Global Warming.

It has been strange weather. I work in the office of a large manufacturing company that can only turn on chilled water for air conditioning in the Spring/Summer. This means that the temperature at my desk today exceeded 80 F. Last week, my boss was feeling the chill from a 5 degree F morning temperature. He wore a scarf around his neck most of the day. He wanted to know who I thought I was wearing a short-sleeve shirt with a chill in the air.

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

View Postturbine_blade, on Jan 7 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

Central Indiana, South of your location, had a temperature of 65 degrees F on this date in 1907. This was well before Al Gore was born. As you know, Al invented the Internet and Global Warming.

I'm glad you said it, I really didn't want to start a political debate. I strongly believe that strange weather will happen and that slight climate changes are normal.

Since we are slightly on the topic of global warming. I'd like to know the excuse that Dem's give for one thing. They claim that the caps are melting, right? They say ocean levels are increasing, right? Then why the hell are the Great Lakes still losing?? Is it stupid for me to think that almost all water levels will rise?

BTW- I pray for all the people in counties in several states that are currently under Warnings tonight.
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#4 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:12 AM

You know, we haven't had anything as crazy as that, but we've still had some strange weather for the norm here in Montana. I've been used to us having lots of snow before Christmas and such and having it always freezing cold. Now we've really had barely any snow (none during Christmas) and it's been in the mid to upper 20s most of the time (which is actually nice for this time of year). Times are changing I guess and it kind of sucks, but obviously I shouldn't be complaining based on what others are facing. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#5 User is offline   turbine_blade Icon

• PipPip

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

Here are couple of things to think about. There is some evidence we are facing the next ice age soon. There was a news magazine article back in the 70's about the coming of global cooling. It seems that glaciers are growing in different parts of the globe.

http://www.iceagenow.com/

Also check out this Boston Globe article.

THE STARK headline appeared just over a year ago. "2007 to be 'warmest on record,' " BBC News reported on Jan. 4, 2007. Citing experts in the British government's Meteorological Office, the story announced that "the world is likely to experience the warmest year on record in 2007," surpassing the all-time high reached in 1998. But a funny thing happened on the way to the planetary hot flash: Much of the planet grew bitterly cold.

http://www.boston.co...bal_warming_go/

God Bless Al Gore! I really enjoy his Internet.

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users