UBCD4Win Forums: New Net Driver Pack Coming Soon! - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Net Driver Pack Coming Soon! What do you need?

#1 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

Based on what I've been hearing over at the BTS forums (maybe I'm wrong though), they may soon (within a few months) release a LAN pack that will be compatible with BartPE. So, until then, I'm going to be releasing probably my final LAN driver pack for the UBCD4Win, and as thus, my final driver pack ever. I know it's sad, but I just don't have the time anymore to do this all of the time, nor to find and fix problems. The BTS team already does that so we'll have to trust them once the time comes.

I have yet to update everything but I have added about 50 new models thus far and am looking for others to post what they need here. I'm trying to pass the '1000 models supported mark' so please, if you want a driver included that isn't already or see one that isn't already, please let me know and I'll get it added. I'll probably get it released sometime next week after I get it tested and whatnot. Thanks for your support! :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

I have a beta version available for public testing if you all wouldn't mind in helping me test. The link is: UBCD4Win Net Drivers 2.05 BETA

To install:

-First run the UBCD4Win main download and have it fully extract, etc.
      -Then go into the <ubcd4winbuild>/drivers folder and delete everything in there.
      -Extract the new beta drivers above into that folder (You'll need either the latest version of WinRAR or 7-zip to extract).
      -Then just build the UBCD4Win as usual and if there are errors during the build, post them here. Otherwise, do a test run of booting the CD and note any errors.

I'm sorry if the download is a bit slow. The datacenter where my servers are located is going through some major changes and it's screwing up my speeds.

Thanks for all of your help and I hope I get this released soon. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

Anybody have a chance to test yet? Thanks.

#4 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
        • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

All my systems are supported by previous/existing drivers.. I could put together a system with other Net cards.. Any specific cards you need tested? I can see if I have any... mostly have 10/100 PCI cards..

#5 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:04 PM

View PostThe Piney, on Jan 12 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

All my systems are supported by previous/existing drivers.. I could put together a system with other Net cards.. Any specific cards you need tested? I can see if I have any... mostly have 10/100 PCI cards..

Well, though testing the newer drivers for the newly added hardware would be nice, I meant mainly testing it and making sure it doesn't blow up during the building process and that your current hardware is still seen. That's all. Thanks. :)

#6 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
            • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

I just downloaded, will test it later this evening or early morning and let you know if I have any problems..

#7 User is offline   bhishmar Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

@ LittlBUGer
                Request for New LAN Driver for Intel® 82556DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection.

This is the LAN adaptor integrated in my MotherBoard (Intel DG33FB).
                Devicemanager reports InstanceID= PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_294C&SUBSYS_00018086&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&C8

I was using ubcdwin-3.06 earlier, & it did not support my LAN.
                Now I am downloading your Net-Driver-update -2.02,
                But it seems to contain only 82562 NOT 82556!

Thanks for your efforts to the community :clapping:

#8 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

View Postbhishmar, on Jan 13 2008, 03:41 PM, said:

@ LittlBUGer
                  Request for New LAN Driver for Intel® 82556DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection.

This is the LAN adaptor integrated in my MotherBoard (Intel DG33FB).
                  Devicemanager reports InstanceID= PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_294C&SUBSYS_00018086&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&C8

I was using ubcdwin-3.06 earlier, & it did not support my LAN.
                  Now I am downloading your Net-Driver-update -2.02,
                  But it seems to contain only 82562 NOT 82556!

Thanks for your efforts to the community :clapping:

I've always used Intel's 'unified' driver package which should cover just about all of their LAN products. If yours is just newer, please try my beta 2.05 drivers above. If it's not included at all, then I'll see about adding it. Thanks.

#9 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

I found your board on Intel's site and downloaded the latest network driver they had and the driver files are identical (though a little bit older) to the ones in Intel's main 'unified' driver package. So, I'm guessing my old pack just didn't have the latest drivers required for your board. My new beta 2.05 pack should I hope. :)

Something to note... I generally only add XP drivers. Are you building the CD using Server 2003?

This post has been edited by LittlBUGer: 14 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

#10 User is offline   bhishmar Icon

• Pip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

@LitlBuger
                      Please disregard my earlier post, since I made a mistake
                      ( I removed the PRO1000 folder from your Net drivers set, before integration as part of somee pruning).
                      later I realized it only contains the requisite 825xx lan drivers.

I am now downloading both your new 2.02, & also PRO2KXP.exe from intel site.
                      I find it (PRO2KXP.exe) is later than your 2.02, from the point of my integrated-LAN 82566-DC
                      (The relevant files which refers this one is I think: e1e5132.inf, e1e5132.sys)

Where is your 2.05 beta hosted? (download url).

Yes, I also use XP for integrating.
                      I will post my results after build & testing.
                      Thanks

This post has been edited by bhishmar: 14 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

#11 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

The link was presented earlier in this topic. Here is it again: UBCD4Win Net Drivers 2.05 BETA

#12 User is offline   cdob Icon

• Special Guest
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

Can anybody try a Attansic L1 or L2 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter?

There may additonal settings required.
                          http://www.911cd.net...&...st&p=122098

Or a edited attansic *.inf may work too.

#13 User is offline   bhishmar Icon

• Pip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Jan 15 2008, 12:58 AM, said:

The link was presented earlier in this topic. Here is it again: UBCD4Win Net Drivers 2.05 BETA

Thanks.
                            But I already tried with the PRO2XP.exe (PRO2000 folder from it) downloaded from Intel site for 82566DC.
                            It worked.

Now I am sure any of your Net driver versions >= 2.02 should definitely work, even though not tried personally.
                            Because all contains the required files e1e5132.*. The inf file lists 82566DC.

Even UBCD4win3.04 should also work since it also contain the required files.
                            Only thing I made a mistake of removing PRO1000 folder, as mentioned in my earlier post. :blush:

Anyway Thanks once more.

#14 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

So has anyone else tested? Anything bad or not working thus far? I'd like to get this released within a few days. Thanks all. :)

#15 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:11 AM

Well, I think unless anyone has any objections, I'll be releasing this officially sometime today. Thanks all for your help. :)

Page 1 of 1
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users