Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Generic XP Build

#1 User is offline   lawsclar Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

Can I use any edition of XP, such as Pro, Home, Media, etc. to build the UBCD4Win CD and then use this built CD to boot any XP computer no matter what edition XP is on the problem computer? Thanks!

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

I can't remember of the Media Center Edition works or not, but any other XP edition should work. And yes, you'll be able to boot any computer (XP or not) with the CD as long as hardware is supported, etc. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

I'm pretty sure the few emails I received quite a while ago regarding this did state that they could create UBCD4Win with Media Center.
        "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
        0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users